Mayweather did wrestling - what more evidence do you need that he's a numpty :P
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Re: Pacquiao vs Mayweather

Anyone see Mayweather vs Ortiz fight? Ref was an absolute joke [-X

Watch the highlights on the net: it's scary watching Ortiz take those two punches without even defending himself.
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

Aren't they told at the start of every fight to protect themselves at all times? Or am I just making that up? Maybe Ortiz should have put his hands up after getting popped in the mouth the first time.
RepliMagni
Forum Addict
Alliance: Loner :P
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1908448

Oh, I agree, but I still want to know whether the ref ever said "box on", and still think he has to take a lot of the blame there for not being between the boxers.

At best it was pretty cowardly from Mayweather and pretty stupid from Ortiz, but also the way Mayweather started in on Larry Merchant afterwards was as disgraceful as the fight itself.
Heisenberg
Forum Expert
Alliance: TDD
ID: 84840
Alternate name(s): The Architect

RepliMagni wrote:Mayweather did wrestling - what more evidence do you need that he's a numpty :P

Personal opinion.
sarparto
Forum Regular
ID: 0

RepliMagni wrote:Oh, I agree, but I still want to know whether the ref ever said "box on", and still think he has to take a lot of the blame there for not being between the boxers.

At best it was pretty cowardly from Mayweather and pretty stupid from Ortiz, but also the way Mayweather started in on Larry Merchant afterwards was as disgraceful as the fight itself.

There are three people you can blame and Mayweather's number 3. Ortiz should have defended himself after Mayweather hit him, the ref should have been paying attention, and maybe Mayweather shouldn't of hit him again. If the ref was ok with it, I imagine he said box on. Or did he think Ortiz knocked himself out?

You know what would have prevented all of this debate? If Ortiz hadn't headbutted Mayweather like a jackass, lol. Boxing's a dead sport anyways, Velasquez/Dos Santos should be a good one in November.
Brythalious
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Briton
ID: 19326

Mayweather will probably beat Pac Man, but he doesn't seem to want to fight that fight, prove you are the best and fight Pac Man.

Boxing has many issues, one get rid of the number of belts around, 3 is bad enough and there are something like 18 out there. Big money on PPV is another problem, Pac Man not rematching Bradley because there isnt enough money in fighting Bradley? What? Who cares the man won a fight he should not have, suck it up and fight the man, go back out there and smash his face in and make the statement, many have including Robinson. Not enough boxing on TV and not just in the states in Europe too. MMA and UFC does well in showing off its prospects, what does Boxing do?

Mayweather will tarnish his legacy avoiding Pac Man, they have met almost all his demands and he comes up with more. Stop running and prove you are the best there is right now.

For the record I think Robinson would have Ko'd Mayweather, he is better everywhere.
Main ID: 19326. Ascended: 2853
A Warlord never asks how many but where they are!
Arturus Rex Quondam, Rexque Futurus

Return to “Sports Section”