SGW League Fantasy Football 2011-2012 Season Thread

For the discussion of sports. Moo?

Who do you think will make the top 3 in the Premiere League in the 2011-2012 season?

Arsenal
16%
Chelsea
14%
Liverpool
3%
Manchester City
29%
Manchester United
31%
Tottenham
7%

Total votes: 58
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: SGW League Fantasy Football 2011-2012 Season Thread

ID 7889 :P via broker!

Anyway, I didn't expect this would turn out like this, as we end rather close to each others win/lose ratio wise!
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

It was a close one...I have gone though the pages and we agreed on 15tril (page 13) i will set the broker up now :-D
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Accepted!
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

I lost meh defence to injuries hash gambled on higher price replacements else where. If Kompany scores I think I'm sunk.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

I used my wildcard to transfer four injured/average players for good playing ones.
Hopefully I made the right choices :)
Spoiler

Spoiler
nightlight
Forum Regular

I seem to have a team full of injured players the last two weeks...i made 3 subs last week and another 2 this week....i am hoping for a strong finish....How did you manage not to use your wildcard until the last game of the season....i am impressed with that as i used mine pretty early in the season as i was stuck near the bottom :smt021
And Dow you get a tip of the hat =D> for your cup run that you had....you went further then anybody i know....hopefully next season one of us will win it :-D
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

I have used only one of the two wildcard, I can apparently use the "bonus" one. I didn't know it would happen, otherwise I'd have used my first wildcard for previous few weeks, and second one now.
I probably made the right choices, I was more taking attention to PL until February, after that I didn't really focus, which makes me believe I could be rank 1 by now in the GW league as well as in the "Nightlight league" if I did focus on games, subs, transfers captain changes etc the whole season. I should add it's my third or fourth season in FPL.

It seems I failed miserably the opportunity to get #1, just due to the clean sheet of Swansea and my wrong idea to pick Hart as GK instead of Vorm...noob mistakes eternally leading me to remain at rank 2, same happened in the fantasy world cup...*shoots self*
All credit to you Dowsett, I was able to change my whole team and still failed to do a decent score, lol...
Spoiler

Spoiler
Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

4pts was close

yeah I didn't read the wild card rules properly. was a good season of gambles most of which failed but was fun.

Love to you all
nightlight
Forum Regular

Great news everybody (sorry just watched futurama) the league is back open and waiting for us to pick our teams...plus they is only 4 weeks to go before the new season starts...so that's just enough time for you to log on pick your team show it of on facebook if you want (new feature) then change your mind and pick a new team :-D
i will be doing the normal betting but i first need to build a team thats going to win me the league :smt081
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

OK I'll create the thread!
Spoiler

Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”