No votes

Total votes: 15
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

Re: Champions League 2011/2012

Pele claims he scored over 1000 goals. However he only ever played in the Brazilian league though so we'll never know how good he was at European club level.

In terms of tricks and skills Ronaldinho stands out for me.

In terms of ball control and pure ability Messi and Zidane i think are the two that stand out.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

Pele might not be comparable on a European level having not scored all his goals in European domestic competition but in Brazilian leagues (Which were always very defensive like the Italian leagues I think).

The true comparison though is Pele played in 4 World Cup tournaments and won 3 of them, not player has come close to matching that achievement and I doubt any player will for a while. Comparing Messi to Pele on an international level is where you can say more about the player based on who he was surrounded by. Barcelona have been built around a strong squad that suits Messi's play style, but he has never been convincing on the international stage but his team mates consist of Tevez, Aguero, Mascherano, Colocini, Rodriquez etc. There isn't a lack of skill there but he still hasn't shone...

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
GrizzZzzly
Furling

Podolski is the greatest player in the world in my honest opinion. >.> 8-[
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
GrizzZzzly
Furling

$$Chelski$$ dug themselves out of a hole there only to be put back into the hole only for them to climb back out again. Well done in the end :shock:
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler

Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Quite well done in the end, actually.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

I agree. They showed a lot of heart and probably deserved it over two legs. Tough test up next against Benfica but I think they can turn them over - only to get dumped out in the semi! ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
GrizzZzzly
Furling

I was happy to see Bayern finally get a grip. they won their last 3 games by 6 goals or more including that champions league 7:0 over Basel.

I want to see them bring something new. Especially if they face Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler

Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
TheFuzz
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: TÅTS

good result for chelsea tonight, nou camp is gonna be so much harder tho!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

TheFuzz wrote:good result for chelsea tonight, nou camp is gonna be so much harder tho!
Good result for Bayern yesterday, too. ;) Shame about the goal against, but keep Madrid boxed in (yeah, I said it) and they are dead in the water.

Very nice Chelsea. :) Way to go, beating both Spanish semifinalists. :P
TheFuzz
Fledgling Forumer

still think madrid will beat bayern at the bernabeu, plus they got a crucial away goal in germany.
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate
ID: 0

final is chelsea vs bayern , that match would produce more cash
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
GrizzZzzly
Furling

I honestly think Bayern have the stuff to beat Real Madrid even away. Chelski vs Barca, i fear Barca might run away with it.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler

Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
TheFuzz
Fledgling Forumer

id fancy chelsea to score in barcelona though, in recent history they always get a goal there. would mean barcelona would have to score three which i dont think even they can do.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Barca - Chelsea could go so many ways.. early goal for Barca and Chelsea's never joining the game, early goal for Chelsea and they pull through, early goal for Barca and Chelsea regains their footing by scoring, early goal for Chelsea and their famous last quarter failure bites them in the behind..

Only thing I doubt we will see is a game without goals. ;) After all, both goalies are not exactly top notch. (Yes, I am not a fan of Spanish clubs, but if I had to pick a player, I would pick Casillas..)

I could see Bayern break RM, even though I appreciate the skills of Iker, Bayerns forwards are .. better. Frustrate Chrissie Ronaldo early on in the game, and he will poison Madrid to a point where victory is .. grabbable.
Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

ZOMG

[spoiler]To fink I left the first half early to fit in some farming and OMG the second half AMAZING result for Chelsea and yes Torres was worth 50m LOL[/spoiler]

Return to “Sports Section”