SGW League Fantasy Football 2012-2013 Season Thread

For the discussion of sports. Moo?

What's the ending top 3 in your opinion for 2012-2013 season?

Arsenal
18%
Chelsea
23%
Liverpool
7%
Manchester City
25%
Manchester United
21%
Newcastle
2%
Tottenham
5%

Total votes: 61
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

SGW League Fantasy Football 2012-2013 Season Thread

The new season arrived!
I have renewed (contrary to just re-created) the league so people who were part of said league last season should be automatically added when they re-register in the game for new season!

Otherwise, entry code is 53716-18476

http://fantasy.premierleague.com

Short guide
[spoiler]For people who have already an account: enter last year login, and follow the instructions. It changed a bit compared to last year, but same steps, just that they will ask more things. Don't forget, transfers are free and unlimited until Aug 13, so don't worry if you cannot think of a team when they ask you to enter one.
For newcomers: create an account by registering, follow the instructions. Basically this game is about picking a team, and whatever players you selected do individually or as a whole (their club), you will get points in your team. It's like managing a team, with transfers, you can also join leagues with other managers (sgw league for example I created) and you compete to have the best score. The score depends as I said oin what do these players do in reality (the results of football games every weekend in the English Premier League. It works also for team as a whole, if they conceded goals for example.
To join a league, after you registered your account and entred a team, you'll be able to manage your team, choose captain, and even now, a vice captain (new thing) and go to league section to create or join existing ones.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Bromas on Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Stickied
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Re: SGW League Fantasy Football 2012-2013 Season Thread

Reminder: unlimited free transfers until the start of the new season in late August.

My team: "The Expendables" 8)
Spoiler

Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP
ID: 0

My team....Nightlight....i think i need to stop with the :smt025 and come up with a new name :-D
i would wish everybody good luck but i don't mean it...i hope you all have a rubbish season and i tonk you all by 200-300 points :smt043
Good luck in the cups though =D>
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

I dont know why anyone else voted for arsenal to be quite honest. I'm just a delirious fan.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Because I think Arsenal will be in top 3...
Spoiler

Spoiler
Dmonix
Count Duckula
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Scouse
ID: 21000

GrizzZzzly wrote:I dont know why anyone else voted for arsenal to be quite honest. I'm just a delirious fan.

Probably the same reason I can guess Nightlight also voted for Liverpool

Spoiler
Kikaz wrote:Thanks to:
MaYHeM - You guys were the closest thing I've found to family in this game, thanks for giving me a chance and eventually being crazy enough to vote me onto your high council and eventually let me lead you for several months. I had a blast with you guys.
GrizzZzzly
Furling

Legendary Apophis wrote:Because I think Arsenal will be in top 3...

damnit with your positivity! Its all doom and gloom at Arsenal. Everyone knows that.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
nightlight
Forum Regular
Alliance: AP

LOL Dmonix you know me to well....I hope we can have a great season and nick the title..i say this every season and hopefully one year i will be right :smt043
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

Only six teams? Come on! :smt100
Spoiler

Spoiler
GrizzZzzly
Furling

WOO go Arsenal!
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler

Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
Dow
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: OE
ID: 16194

hasn't picked meh team yet but I'll be in

Dowsett Destroyers FTW!! (agains lol)
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person

nightlight wrote:LOL Dmonix you know me to well....I hope we can have a great season and nick the title..i say this every season and hopefully one year i will be right :smt043

:shock:

Liverpool for the title? You were right about the :smt025 :-D
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Re-registered...might actually try this year lol
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?

I think this is sig worthy in fact.
:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
GrizzZzzly
Furling

podolski better bring it now that i picked him.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
poof
one year legos
brutal I tell you
Spoiler

Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
you should go eat
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

You know i'll be there. ;)
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.

Return to “Sports Section”