Race: International Pimp
ID: 0

State of Origin

2013 Origin Series

Game 1: ANZ Stadium, Sydney – June 5
Game 2: Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane – June 26
Game 3: ANZ Stadium, Sydney – July 17

NSW Squad:-

NSW: Jarryd Hayne, Brett Morris, Michael Jennings, Josh Morris, Blake Ferguson, James Maloney, Mitchell Pearce, Paul Gallen, Robbie Farah, James Tamou, Ryan Hoffman, Luke Lewis, Greg Bird, Kurt Gidley, Anthony Watmough, Andrew Fifita, Trent Merrin. Paul Gallen has once again been named captain of the NSW side for the 2013 State of Origin series. Kurt Gidley has been ruled out with a foot injury, with John Sutton and Josh Reynolds called into the side.

QLD Squad:-

QLD: Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Greg Inglis, Justin Hodges, Brent Tate, Johnathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Matt Scott, Cameron Smith (c), David Shillington, Nate Myles, Sam Thaiday, Ashley Harrison, Corey Parker, Matt Gillett, Ben Te’o, Chris McQueen, Daly Cherry-Evans, Josh Papalii (Justin O’Neill has been placed on stand-by for Darius Boyd). Cameron Smith is again captain of the Queensland team in the 2013 State of Origin series.

The last 10 years of State of Origin games :-

Year Winner Wins Loses Drawn Shield Holder
2002 Drawn - Queensland 1 1 1 Queensland
2003 New South Wales 2 1 0 New South Wales
2004 New South Wales 2 1 0 New South Wales
2005 New South Wales 2 1 0 New South Wales
2006 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland
2007 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland
2008 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland
2009 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland
2010 Queensland 3 0 0 Queensland
2011 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland
2012 Queensland 2 1 0 Queensland

For those of you that do not live in Australia you may not know what this is about, This is basically our equivalent of a Superbowl. Its a State vs State best out of three tournament in the middle of our football season, For the last 7 years Queensland (the state i live in) have won the event and if your a NRL football fan and live in Australia its can be a rather big thing.

I would love to know if anyone plans to watch game 1 next week and if there are any other Queensland or New South Wales supports I am not aware of. Normally this is a huge event in my family, we fire up the bbq and get the game on the big screen and there is ALOT out shouting and cheering.

Odie
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 145,573,411,725,000 damage
The forces of harchester fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 3 damage
TGW Annual Community Awards 2014/2015
Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”