F1 2013

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

F1 2013

So, who do you think is going to win the championship this year?

It's about time Alonso won.. He's shown everyone what a great driver he is and fell just a bit short 2 times since he's been with Ferrari.. About time luck turns in his way :) Especially as Ferrari have provided him with a solid car this year. Would love to see him win the championship so that Vettel could shove that finger of his up his rear :P

Also, what's your take on this year's Pirelli rubber?

They keep blabbing on about how it's bad and the teams that don't like the rubber much (mainly RBR and Mercedes) keep on yapping about how they're unsafe and how it isn't racing anymore, just cruising around - but then again isn't the whole point of F1 to suit all the parameters given for a season and be, all around, the best car? So if one team makes a car that sucks in aerodynamics - is the air "wrong"? I mean, the tyres are the same for everyone, Ferrari, Lotus and Force India take the best care of rubber.. Hence they deserve to be the first.
If RBR had such great downforce they claim to have (and why they claim to deserve to win), they could easily race to the fullest and destroy the tyres, make an additional pit stop or two, and still win, would they not?

Also can't wait to hear the Tribunal decision regarding Mercedes controversy this year.. They deserve to be disqualified or, at the very least, have all their points stripped away at the end of the season..

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Re: F1 2013

Those tires were recidulous in Canada. Di Resta should not have been able to do 55 laps or whatever and still post good times! I feel the tires have made this year slightly less enjoyable than last year.
Mercedes should get punished or the other teams should get a similar opportunity, but I think taking away all their points or DQing them is a little harsh!

Its going to be hard to knock Vettle off the top spot now, but if anyone can do it its Alonso. Would love to see Kimi get it but I dont think he will based on the last few races. Should keep 3rd though at least. I support Hamilton and Di Resta most atm.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Aye Canada was a bit weird.. Especially how everyone complains the tyres wear off too soon, then suddenly Di Resta does a 55-lapper on them. Mercedes and Red Bull just QQ too much because it doesn't fit their car.
Well Mercedes did gain a huge advantage both for this season and the next because some compounds were being tested for the next season.. So I don't think it'd be harsh if they got disqualified.

Well Vettel is due to not finish a race or two soon.. Taking in account how unlucky Alonso was, I think he could easily have been on podiums those two races or even won them, they'd be very, very close. Hopefully the season will be better towards the end for Alonso. Heck considering he didn't finish 2 races last season due to no fault of his own, but mostly the kamikaze Grosjean, he would have been a world champion last season as well, and with not a very competitive car that is.

As you can see, I'm a Ferrari fan :P Always have been, always will be :P

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

I went to Silverstone for the qualifying this year. I'd like to see Kimi Raikkonen win, although i also support Nico Rosberg.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Just the qualifying, not the race?
I've wanted to go watch a race live.. But then again the tickets are overpriced and you see far less than if you watch it from your couch.. So that pretty much settles it for me :P

Well Kimi has his charm :) If Alonso can't get the title I hope Kimi snatches it from Vettel. Rosberg is much faster than people believed.. They thought MSC lost all his F1 touch because Nico beat him, but that wasn't really the case as we can see now. Besides if it weren't for MSC, Mercedes wouldn't have a winning car right now. His expertise and feedback was phenomenal and allowed for the creation of such a fast car :)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler
GrizzZzzly
Furling
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Bear
ID: 29003

People never realised that either. In his hayday people sometimes point towards the ferrari car being superior to the rest but that was his own influence. Michael Schumacher was by far the most active driver when it came to improving technical aspects of the car. Lets remember he won with benetton twice in a clearly inferior car and took a couple of years to get the ferrari where he wanted it.
Spoiler
[TL]Brdavs says:
I reckon his mum gonna get him socks and stuff
time for me to step up :P
keep the childhood rolling
you know its over when you start getting underwear for christmas
I still tear up when I remember when my childhood ended like that
poof
one year legos
next year "brdavs, you`re 23 dont you think youre a bit old for legos now"
brutal I tell you
Spoiler
Mordack wrote:Personally, I am not a huge fan of life. I am of the general opinion that, from start to finish, it's painful and miserable; and that anybody that tells you differently is either trying to have sex with you or sell or you something.

Similarly, I believe that people in general are inherently flawed. Deep down, we are programmed to hurt one another; either physically or emotionally. People are naturally selfish and greedy; governed more by bestial urges than common sense or ethics. Society is a terrible thing, too. The more supposedly civilized we become, the more immorality and decadence become the main staple of our daily diet.

Before Lost concluded, my main flippant excuse for not killing myself was that I wanted to know how it ended. I will get back to you with a new one when I find it.
Spoiler
EPA BMMJ13 says:
:(
you should go eat
like 30 of them 32 oz steaks
Stanley says:
im stuffed right now
EPA BMMJ13 says:
store them in your cheeks for later
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie

Exactly. Not only was he interested in how fast his car was, he was also interested in why the car was as fast or why it wasn't so he could give better feedback. The 2 titles Alonso barely snatched from Michael in '05 and '06 were also a testament to what a driver Schumacher was. Alonso with Renault and much faster tyres, Michelin, vs Schumacher with Ferrari (the cars alone approximately same speed) and much slower tyres that Bridgestone had at the time, yet Schumacher could almost always find extra time.. The difference in time was pretty much the difference this year between Super Soft and Medium, except that they both degraded in approx the same time.. He really was a legend :)

~N
{Banned}
Spoiler

Return to “Sports Section”