Sports Section Rules

For the discussion of sports. Moo?
Spacey
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

Sports Section Rules

The following rules are in place for the Sports Section, and are subject to change without notice.
    Rules:
  1. Only discussions about real sports are allowed. For example, threads about cow tipping and cat chasing are not permitted.
  2. One thread per unique sporting event. Multiple threads about the same game do not need to be created.
  3. Please be descriptive in thread subjects. Calling a thread "Hockey" or "Football" and talking about a specific game doesn't make sense.
  4. Forum rules apply in this section, as in all others, and posters are expected to follow them.
Last edited by Spacey on Sat May 26, 2007 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Come_Forth
Forum Expert

Can you define what comes under the term sport? Would you consider chess a sport?
"Conservatives are not necessarily stupid, but most stupid people are conservatives."
John Stuart Mill
Spacey
Forum Zombie

For the purposes of this section "sport" is defined as:

Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Used by itself, sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determiner of the outcome (winning or losing), but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors. Sports are used as entertainment for the player and the viewer.

Wikipedia

• an active diversion requiring physical exertion and competition
  • the occupation of athletes who compete for pay
  • A form of leisure-time physical activity that is planned, structured and competitive.
  • Sport is a physical activity involving large muscle groups, requiring strategic methods, physical training and mental preparation and whose outcome is determined, within a rules framework, by skill, not chance. Sport occurs in an organized, structured and competitive environment where a winner is declared.
  • activities that are competitive, have formal rules, require physical effort and skills, and are organised within institutional structures

Google Definition
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “Sports Section”