Please Read -- Sign Up for Roleplay Group

For the RolePlaying of the various races found in GateWars.
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt
Race: Human
ID: 0

Re: Please Read -- Sign Up for Roleplay Group

Semper wrote::smt050

Hmmm. Yeah, sounds good. Central issue with the SGW forums and RP is the size of the perticipants. Often we come up with a fairly epic idea but there are never enough people to fill the spots.. but I think I might have an idea of a smaller scene, one thats geared to a smaller group.

The wraith coming to the milky way could be used fairly well.

The basic assumption would be an abandoned world on the edge of the milky way with a wraith prison. New galaxy, new rules for the wraith so the idea is a new world for a base, hidden with 'test' subjects to learn of the new universe. Means we would have some measure of urgency in the story too.

That opens up the way for three races, Goa'uld, human/jaffa and wraith. Wraith are the guards, and are as inter-plotting as the System Lords ever were (take todd and the wraith politics in the latter Atlantis seasons for example).. so it could give an opening for the prisoners to try and work with a more disgruntled wraith, trying to dethrone the queen. The more prisoners, the more their power (leads to the RP'ers recruiting more rp'ers for the story).

It also means that you wont need as many RP'ers as its easy to group and assign some prison gangs as a GM and it leaves the choice open to escape the prison as a small unit of RP'ers or gather more RP'ers to the RP itself and try overthrow the Wraith queen whilst working with the disgruntled wraith, assuming there even is one.

There are plenty of potential motivations here too.. get back to Stargate Command, regain power, overthrow, freedom, protect the innocent, steal the wraith tech etc etc. Prison means limited resources as well so it removes the idea of overpowering powers, weapons and equipment as they'd simply not be available.

Jail break? I already have an idea of what comes after. :smt042

Politics in jail. Interesting. Lol. Shawshank redemption meets Game of Thrones and Stargate.

I wouldn't be against that at all, if no one else is. You could probably even be head of the jail or be in the jail yourself, either way it works. However, I will be busy tailing the massive war fleet of every Wraith HIVE. It was kind of one of my science officers that they got a hold of....
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

http://www.weather.com/news/weather-hur ... n-20121020
This big one is coming to get me. I must apologize. I may be out of commission for a week or so, I have no idea how long it will last. Someone please recruit while I am away? I will hopefully return, unless something happens. Let's hope nothing bad does.
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
King Todd
Forum Newbie
Race: Wraith

Also, I noticed through watching Season 4 (On season 5 now)... I understand why you were all quick to jump and kill me. I don't like Michael either, but I like Todd more, and my Siggy matches.
(In process of name change)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

have you read up on the books based on SGA? there's a series of fairly decent books that continue the story that stops without finishing with season 5. not as good as having it in movie form, of course, but better than nothing.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
King Todd
Forum Newbie

Whew. that was a doozy. Power is back online. Come on people, I know you're lurking. Zeratul, Juliette, SuperSaiyan, and Semper are the ones willing to join if it kicks off. If we can get 2 more people I think that would work.
King Todd
Forum Newbie

SuperSaiyan. Get in here and roleplay. You're a valuable asset but completely worthless if not roleplaying. You too Zeratul.

At home issues, 4 finals on Monday and Tuesday, relationship issues. I am definitely screwed up right now but seriously can we get some people in here without ghosting. Jeezes.
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

SuperSaiyan wrote:I warned you I was lazy

I'm lazy too SS. I've got 9 3-page reports due on Monday.

Now who else is in this if we actually start it up? Come on, seriously. Everyone who reads this forum KNOWS they want to do it. The only issue why they feel like not participating is because they are AFRAID it will fail and be a waste of time. The only reason it would fail is if you do not participate. The only requirement is like 1 post a week. That's like knocking on your own front door everyday before you want in. Once you're at the computer, just knock on the screen.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

we would naturally participate in some form. Whether it would be with this account or a forum multi, has yet to be decided.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

So... are people in? I have a lot of issues going on and wondering if anyone would even care to revive roleplay.
Shezmu
Fledgling Forumer

I'd probably be up for some RP. It will help get my creative writing juices flowing freely once more!
Kaname94
Forum Newbie
Alliance: Power of the Ori
Alternate name(s): Lord_anubis

I really hope that this is still on, love the idea

Return to “Race General”