Please Read -- Sign Up for Roleplay Group

For the RolePlaying of the various races found in GateWars.
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt
Race: Human
ID: 0

Please Read -- Sign Up for Roleplay Group

It appears that I am trying to revive a freaking zombie that has been shot in the face. The hand twitches, there's minor gasps, but it won't stand or groan. The couple roleplays I have created, even the Wraith guy I made, did not seem to kick off roleplay. The ones that lasted a page or two eventually lost the original members, and had confusing last-minute out-of-the-ordinary people join. Which I actually do not have an issue with, however, it complicates things and may cause issues.

I propose to set up a group, where if people do sign up for a roleplay event (an event/idea which we all agree on) that we do participate in. Nothing is forced, but we will change force to trust. Meaning we will trust that you will post when it is your turn.

My Thoughts
We have a roleplay event where the Wraith are actually about to enter the Milky Way, and they do. This would require any... to even all races participating. I'm not great with SG-1 planets and such however, my history on the show is mismatched and I have troubles watching it because I could go 3 episodes not have seen them yet and then the next two I know and it annoys me. I am at Season 4 of Atlantis and have seen all episodes in Universe (Love Universe). So if you all agree to this idea then I will need help with planets.

Side note: Anyone can participate as a Wraith Queen or warrior or commander, either way it works. Also anyone will be allowed to play more than one character for the matter, the only issue is you will need to remember your posting place.
P.S. - No one needs to be in the same "instance" as others. As an FYI that means person A is with Person B within such and such feet. Someone could be protecting mars while another is protecting the Jaffa homeworld. (But that means we still need a set post order so there is no confusion, it just makes it easier in case someone does enter someones instance).

There is no time requirement in which you need to post, we trust you will post as soon as possible. We do however request that if you do sign up, you participate, oh and have fun. This is realistic and comedic, you can (and you should) crack a sucking joke at a Wraith or two or something, or saying the Jaffa have worms :/

If you'd like to participate, please state any and all characters you will be participating as and so it is easier, what planet you are currently at. Don't worry; the Wraith won't immediately be entering the Milky Way, all of that will probably happen in page 2 or 3 depending on how many people we get. I will let this stay open for a few days to a week, depending on who participates.

If you have any questions, please state them. There shouldn't be any banned 'items' (like race, area, armada size etc) as long as it is realistic and you can back it up. Meaning if your race is Borgshma and you have 3 fleets of ships of 30 cruisers and they are organic and have a long history of your homeworld of organic technology and whatnot, it goes. But it is realistic so that there is no shenanigans, you know, B.S. .

Thank you, and please post away.
Last edited by Leader Isaac on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Please Read -- Sign Up for Roleplay Group

Zambah aht brahnz!

Also, good post. I agree with the sentiments and support the idea in principle. :)
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

Juliette wrote:Zambah aht brahnz!

Also, good post. I agree with the sentiments and support the idea in principle. :)

Why thank you Juliette, that is very kind of you. Can I expect you to be apart of this?
"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: ' With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie as wisdom and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on we're all damaged. I fear that today..."
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

braahnz?

zambah ahht raahth braahnz?

On that note, we would like RP to be revived, we've tried many times, but it has never truly amounted to much. We're skeptical if it will have any success this time, but if it does, then we will support it.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

Zeratul wrote:braahnz?

zambah ahht raahth braahnz?

On that note, we would like RP to be revived, we've tried many times, but it has never truly amounted to much. We're skeptical if it will have any success this time, but if it does, then we will support it.

I understand you will support it, but are you participating Zeratul?
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

if it clearly shows it will move beyond the first phase or so, then we will.
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

This is day 2. Still in need of members.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

considering that beyond the first one (shéral), we were in charge, taking charge wasn't exactly odd...

You never participated in any RP with us after Shéral, so you don't exactly have much material for comparison...

That being said, there's none interested in RPing here suitable for taking a proper GM role.

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

probably not. But that one failed because nobody kept in charge.

Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

So Zeratul, Juliette and Super Saiyan may be in this if it kicks off. We need some more people guys, yeah! I am also thinking Juliette to be said GM, at least I vote it.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

yes, semper is a good one. The sort to lay plans upon plans upon plans...

oh, and SS... how many times would you guess we tried to drag you into those fail-through-design-errors Stargate RPs of ours?

Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that sounds about right...

another you might try to haul in is Angnoch.

Leader Isaac
Forum Grunt

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Leader Isaac wrote:So Zeratul, Juliette and Super Saiyan may be in this if it kicks off. We need some more people guys, yeah! I am also thinking Juliette to be said GM, at least I vote it.

Keep in mind I'm lazy and forgetful, if I participate someone is going to need to remind me about it.
You should try to get ahold of semper (or I could shoot him a pm) would be awesome for him to be the head of this if you need one. I'd love to see him back here. Best RPer we've ever had imo.

Sure why not? As long as they are a fair GM and not controlling, I would have no issue.
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God

:smt050

Hmmm. Yeah, sounds good. Central issue with the SGW forums and RP is the size of the perticipants. Often we come up with a fairly epic idea but there are never enough people to fill the spots.. but I think I might have an idea of a smaller scene, one thats geared to a smaller group.

The wraith coming to the milky way could be used fairly well.

The basic assumption would be an abandoned world on the edge of the milky way with a wraith prison. New galaxy, new rules for the wraith so the idea is a new world for a base, hidden with 'test' subjects to learn of the new universe. Means we would have some measure of urgency in the story too.

That opens up the way for three races, Goa'uld, human/jaffa and wraith. Wraith are the guards, and are as inter-plotting as the System Lords ever were (take todd and the wraith politics in the latter Atlantis seasons for example).. so it could give an opening for the prisoners to try and work with a more disgruntled wraith, trying to dethrone the queen. The more prisoners, the more their power (leads to the RP'ers recruiting more rp'ers for the story).

It also means that you wont need as many RP'ers as its easy to group and assign some prison gangs as a GM and it leaves the choice open to escape the prison as a small unit of RP'ers or gather more RP'ers to the RP itself and try overthrow the Wraith queen whilst working with the disgruntled wraith, assuming there even is one.

There are plenty of potential motivations here too.. get back to Stargate Command, regain power, overthrow, freedom, protect the innocent, steal the wraith tech etc etc. Prison means limited resources as well so it removes the idea of overpowering powers, weapons and equipment as they'd simply not be available.

Jail break? I already have an idea of what comes after. :smt042

Politics in jail. Interesting. Lol. Shawshank redemption meets Game of Thrones and Stargate.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

intriguing concept, semper...

Return to “Race General”