can i get some pointers please?

Introduce yourself and say hai here. :)
frosty
Forum Newbie
ID: 0

can i get some pointers please?

Hi i am Helen and i am new to this game.

Just thought i would say hello and see if i can get some good pointers for starting out.

What are the benefits of being in an alliance and whats the best thing to build at the start.

Thank you in advance

Frosty
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Re: can i get some pointers please?

Hey welcome to the game! Be sure to check the Newbi/FAQ forum for some beginner game guides. Good thing to work on in the beginning is army size. You can increase your army size quickly by using attack turns to raid other players (look for people with 0 defense and at least 10 million untrained units). Larger army size means increased income. Early on, you'll be working on "ascending" your account so you don't have to worry about building giant stats at this stage.

Another thing you should check out is http://newgrounds.gatewars.com If you make an account over there and ascend it 20 times then you can get a pretty nice account in the main server for free. That's probably the fastest way to start catching up.

I know I threw 57 bajillion terms at you just now, so any questions, we'll all be able to help answer.

As far as alliances are concerned, they can help protect your account, they can help give you pointers on how to improve your gameplay with lots of tips like what you'll see in this thread. They can also make the game far more interesting with extra storylines and personalities and give you deeper interaction with your fellow players. Plus alliances go to war with eachother and that can be exciting from time to time.
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Sol
Forum Addict

We need a pinned 'welcome' post that points to everything...
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:We need a pinned 'welcome' post that points to everything...
That sounds like something a game admin should do :-D
Spoiler

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

If you are looking for an alliance that will give you a good start in the game check out The Collective, if there not what youre looking for then come back and chat somemore we will all help yu find the right one for you. And if you dont wanna join one yet then pm me ingame will help you through the basics.

Red
frosty
Forum Newbie

Mathlord wrote:Hey welcome to the game! Be sure to check the Newbi/FAQ forum for some beginner game guides. Good thing to work on in the beginning is army size. You can increase your army size quickly by using attack turns to raid other players (look for people with 0 defense and at least 10 million untrained units). Larger army size means increased income. Early on, you'll be working on "ascending" your account so you don't have to worry about building giant stats at this stage.

Another thing you should check out is http://newgrounds.gatewars.com If you make an account over there and ascend it 20 times then you can get a pretty nice account in the main server for free. That's probably the fastest way to start catching up.

I know I threw 57 bajillion terms at you just now, so any questions, we'll all be able to help answer.

As far as alliances are concerned, they can help protect your account, they can help give you pointers on how to improve your gameplay with lots of tips like what you'll see in this thread. They can also make the game far more interesting with extra storylines and personalities and give you deeper interaction with your fellow players. Plus alliances go to war with eachother and that can be exciting from time to time.
Many thanks for your advice , yes i had to read some other stuff aswell biut i think i understand.

So there is 23 ascensions.
A newgrounds account is 20 ascensions in the main server if i fully level up on that server and i can keep this account i have? And i have noticed accounts for sale on this forum, i presume if i buy one i have to delete this account i already have?

redstorm wrote:If you are looking for an alliance that will give you a good start in the game check out The Collective, if there not what youre looking for then come back and chat somemore we will all help yu find the right one for you. And if you dont wanna join one yet then pm me ingame will help you through the basics.

Red
thanks for your help, i have looked at the collective posts but they are at war and i do not think i am ready for any wars yet, i don't even know how to fight :)
CC90
Forum Expert
Alliance: Endgame
Race: System Lord
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): The Millenium, ~CLOUD~, ~Ragnarok, OMA SEIKU

Hi helen sign up to the collective forums and issue an application if you like

After our war is finished we will gladly review it

Also if you post in our general chat we can all help you out and get you started in thd game...

http://thecollectivesgw.com/Forum/index.php

CC90
22:00:43 Colonel Jack Oneill -Rob Merkley: ok, Well there you have it I suck and am a noob, ill leave the fighting to you mightly mutha **Filtered**Image
harchester wrote: Harch - no more massing from me ;)
dardar_is_back
Forum Newbie
Alternate name(s): dardar

Hey, welcome to the game. Ya, this game is confusing at first, or it was for me when I first started years ago. I didn't understand anything for a while. lol

Feel free to message me in the game if you need any help: dardar_is_back
frosty
Forum Newbie

dardar_is_back wrote:Hey, welcome to the game. Ya, this game is confusing at first, or it was for me when I first started years ago. I didn't understand anything for a while. lol

Feel free to message me in the game if you need any help: dardar_is_back
Thank you Dardar, your help is more than welcome

Helen
frosty
Forum Newbie

CC90 wrote:Hi helen sign up to the collective forums and issue an application if you like

After our war is finished we will gladly review it

Also if you post in our general chat we can all help you out and get you started in thd game...

http://thecollectivesgw.com/Forum/index.php

CC90
Yes i will look into joining your forum to see what your alliance has to offer me (Training wise)

Thank You

Helen
curtthehurt1
Forum Irregular

Sturm De Eisen is a small alliance just starting up. http://sturmdeeisensgw.forumotion.com/ we can help you out with tips and advice, and are not currently at war.

good luck here, hope you stick around :) we've all been where you are now, so we all know the frustration you can encounter, stick with it and you might even enjoy yourself :smt050
Spoiler

redstorm
Forum Regular
Race: mug
ID: 1987148

And be careful 'buying' an account you never know whats in the box..
frosty
Forum Newbie

redstorm wrote:And be careful 'buying' an account you never know whats in the box..
thanks to you for the advise
Mathlord
Forum Zombie

Especially with people accused of cheating ala Method Man. Odds are he wants to dump that account now before it gets banned or something similar.

I'd recommend getting a feel for the game for awhile before you invest so much money into this thing, see if you enjoy the mechanics and how things work. Then maybe a few months down the line if you are still gun ho for this game and community, spend that kind of money.
Spoiler

---
frosty
Forum Newbie

Mathlord wrote:Especially with people accused of cheating ala Method Man. Odds are he wants to dump that account now before it gets banned or something similar.

I'd recommend getting a feel for the game for awhile before you invest so much money into this thing, see if you enjoy the mechanics and how things work. Then maybe a few months down the line if you are still gun ho for this game and community, spend that kind of money.
oops too late

Return to “New/Returned to the forum?”