KGC making a comeback

Introduce yourself and say hai here. :)
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

KGC making a comeback

Dear all,

Some of you might remember me. I was one of the earlier players that made it into the Hall of Fame. I was mainly known as a farmer whose farming staring a few wars back in the day. More info: http://stargatewars.wikia.com/wiki/KGC_%28player%29

I stopped playing in 2008 I believe. A few years ago I created an account with my old username just so nobody would use it. I'm glad to see the account is still there and that if I do decide to return I won't be starting from scratch. The naq and the number of untrained won't mean much these days I assume, but the turns the account has will still be of value I assume (90k). What's the difference between generic and personal? Personal ones can't be transferred/sold?

I am assuming a lot has changed since I left 7-8 years ago, so I will definitely have to re-familiarise myself with how the game is today. Most importantly: what amount of naq is it worth attacking for :smt077

I am making this post before going through the forum, so at the moment I have no idea who from the old days is still around, which alliances still exist, which updates have been made to the game, etc.

I also have some basic questions that might answered in some newbie faqs, but I'm gonna ask them anyway:

- What are the current levels of unit production, army sizes, etc for a moderately active player?
- How important is ascension these days? If I remeber correctly my old account ascended 7 or 8 times, but obviously my current one hasn't ascended yet. But back then we really only ascended for the bonuses for the main account.
- Is the ingame market worth using or can one getter better rates outside of it?
- What are the current big alliances in the game?
- How important are planets? We had them when I left, but they were relatively new.
- What is the most common form of communication? IRC, Skype, etc
- What are the most important game changes since I left?
- As a born again newbie what should I be focusing on with my account? (links to faqs work as an answer)

That's it for now, although I'm sure I will have more questions later. The site for the game is blocked at my work, but the forum isn't, so at the moment I can only access the game through my phone, which I'm sure you are aware is far from ideal. For the moment is anyone wants to contact me, please do so via this topic or a pm on this board.

P.S. My account is currently on PPT as I just bought supporter status. I'm not sure whether donations are possible but I'm not too big of a guy to refuse any ;) My new id is 1986462. My old id was 12109 and I see that there is no current account with that id. Do you think an admin would be willing to change mine to my old one?
Last edited by KGC on Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Re: KGC making a possible comeback

Why hello there buddy, still remember us having a drink together, whats that about 10 yrs ago now :D

Any questions u have you can find me on skype eadc.whatnow as for your other account im sure if you email admin you can get your other account back thats if you wanted it @ Email support@gatewars.com
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
KGC
Forum Irregular

Glad to see at least one of the old gang is still here, and maybe the biggest of them all!

I remember you were the one who figured out the best way to make use of all the commander/officer bonuses and such. You pretty much had it all figured out.

Are RepliJake and S T I still around as well?

As for Skype: that will have to wait until I get home from work, but I'll definitely contact you, as there is probably no one better to ask all these questions of.
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

oh boy an oldie returning :) nice and i remember you as you was the guy who gave me some dmu after selling off your weps on ascended after i ascended for the first time to get me going :D and also some other members which rek asked for :D

as to answer your questions, lots of things have changed, up and as are irrelevant now if u are active as u can raid a **Filtered** in an hour.
Ascencions importance is the same as it was before, just that now we have 23 ascencions instead of 10, and first 6 give 5% bonus and the rest gives 1% bonus to stats so 47% bonus instead of 30 where people usually end up being lg+1. Also now you can have a multi legally and u should try getting it as it comes out with 20ascencions already done for u and u can get it in like 2-3 weeks :) like if u will do it the old way u will spend at least like half a year or so.

Ingame market is usable but people use it for whatever u want and also outside there is huge trading going on as well.

Current big alliances are DDE, TAF( or TF), also OE are still in here, and there is new alliance Judgement.

Planets are playing a major role now, and u need merlins to keep them hidden and protect them as otherwise they can be stolen easily. And merlins can be bought in black market with $ or can get some with your market turns.

the most common form of communication is skype

Changes is those legal multies, also huge ms and planets, also covert levels lost its value a bit as when sabbing it has some limitations now if u are going agains weaker players. Everything else is the same old stuff. Maybe the bigest change is that admins are different :)

You should be focusing on getting all ascencions done before u focus on anything else as a newbie :) and u can find some faqs somewhere in here.

p.s. for farming and raiding dont hit below 150b naq and 500k uu for 15AT.
p.p.s. If you will want to play with a big boys be prepared to spend some serious $$ or it might take you couple years to catch up
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
KGC
Forum Irregular

D3ath, thanks for the answers so far. I can't say that I remember helping you out, but it was a very long time ago.

I have some further questions based on what you replied:

- You said up and as are irrelevant now. 'up' will be unit production, but what is 'as'?
- Legal multi: how can I get it? Does it come with an attached ascended account? What is the cost of this, if any? Why 2-3 week wait? Is it connected to my current account? Are all multi's legal, or can you have just one?
- If 15 turns could get me 500k uu, that means my 90k turns could get me 3 billion uu, right? Does that mean that the current army sizes of top 100 players are way way bigger that that?

I'm glad to see that OE and DDE are still there.

P.S. Should I be looking for a commander? I remember that used to give income bonuses.
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

Hi I remember you :)
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
D3ath
Forum Expert
ID: 48966

as stands for Army Size or your total population. ;) you asked about it yourself ;)

Legas multi you can get if you will go register to http://newgrounds.gatewars.com/ its a separate server which was created to help new players catch up with odler players as you can ascend 20 times there quickly and after 20 times you can ascend it to main server and get a basic account with covert lvl 35 ac lvl 34 some 2T strength mothership and like 200m uu or so. It comes without ascended account, but if you want it you can ascend the last three times with it in main server and after first ascencion you will get ascended account with it. Or you can buy ascencion levels with $$$ and have full bonuses in main and dont have ascended acount and wont have to worry about being descended ever. And you can only have one such legal multies, as if you will have more it will be classed as multying and you can get banned or your all accounts might be deleted.

Yeah those turns can bring u that much uu, but your assumption about AS are wrong. and there are only couple accounts that over 1b uu. It is related to a mechanic called plague, as once your AS gets bigger than 770m units or similar number (the exact you can find in training page) your units starts dying every turn, and the higher your pop the more units dies each turn. It was implemented to stop unlimited growth or for i dont know what reasons :) Also once you hit like 570 m AS you cant raid anymore, and have to relate on your unit production or just buy units from black market with $$$. So those who wants to fight plague and have AS close to 1b or a bit above builds big up and builds their planets to give them more up and so on, but in reality its not worth and just a waste of resources ;)

Comanders gives income and u give them part of your up as bonus depending on how much income they give u :) also if you are your own commander i think u get both income and up bonus, and its better to find officers yourself rather than get some income :) as basically income comes from farming :) Even though there are some players who arent actively playing and they just rely on their income from planets while they are on ppt 8 or 9 days a over two weeks and then go on vacation mode and repeat same thing later on.

If you have any further questions u can ask me here o catch up josh on skype :D he was gone himself for like 6 years or so but is back in game for like two or three years now and knows all the things as well ;)
ImageImage
Spoiler
[12:38:58] Scott - Harch DDE: :( I get raided
[12:39:05] Scott - Harch DDE: When raiding I'm noob
Clockwork
The Ablest Man
Alliance: Multiverse
Race: Clockwork Admin
ID: 1940718

KGC wrote:- You said up and as are irrelevant now. 'up' will be unit production, but what is 'as'?
- Legal multi: how can I get it? Does it come with an attached ascended account? What is the cost of this, if any? Why 2-3 week wait? Is it connected to my current account? Are all multi's legal, or can you have just one?
- If 15 turns could get me 500k uu, that means my 90k turns could get me 3 billion uu, right? Does that mean that the current army sizes of top 100 players are way way bigger that that?
Welcome back :)

You can find information about attaining a legal multi Here, along with a guide on how to get ball rolling Here. The short story is that you can create an account on the NewGrounds server, play that a bit ascending (not the same meaning as in Main) it very quickly, when it reaches lvl 20, you can 'ascend' to the Main server, giving you a legal multi (denoted by a '*' at the beginning of the username).

As for UP, most people have atleast 1m UP, but there is so much UU floating around that you don't really need a HUGE UP unless your trying to beat the plague cap.
KGC wrote:My old id was 12109 and I see that there is no current account with that id. Do you think an admin would be willing to change mine to my old one?
It's probable that your original account no longer exists, there was a database 'wobble' a few years back that resulted in some lost inactive accounts.
Admin for all the Forum things...
Click Me for forum rules.
Click Me for Game admin contact details.
reborn
Forum Elite
ID: 0

KGC wrote:Glad to see at least one of the old gang is still here, and maybe the biggest of them all!

I remember you were the one who figured out the best way to make use of all the commander/officer bonuses and such. You pretty much had it all figured out.

Are RepliJake and S T I still around as well?

As for Skype: that will have to wait until I get home from work, but I'll definitely contact you, as there is probably no one better to ask all these questions of.
Jeff not playing spends most of the time away with my mum now going to different places, though most of time its to Israel.

Jake came back when i did couple yrs back, gave it a few months then stopped due to so much work plus having his first kid.
Image x2 :smt081
Spoiler
teesdale wrote:im going to start calling you Mathod man... because i swear to god your as dense as Mathlord is when it comes to arguing.

Ignore valid points from everyone else and believe your own verbal diarrhea, the pair of you.
i just accidently abandoned that planet i just took
[02:02] Scott - Harch - :

<<< **Filtered** MY LIFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Su
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: [Ω Allegiance]
Race: Supreme System Lord
ID: 43370

Hmmm
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
ID: 58491

Hey welcome back!

There is a newgrounds account up for sale pretty cheap viewtopic.php?f=73&t=204876&p=2645096#p2645096 you could probably get somebody to lend you the naq and pay back pretty quick if your farming is anything like the old day :-D
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
harchester
Forum History
Alliance: Ricos Roughnecks

I'll front the naq ;)
Even if you hear a bad story about me, Understand that there was a time I was good to those people to, But they won’t tell you that...
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

D3ath wrote:as stands for Army Size or your total population. ;) you asked about it yourself ;)

Legas multi you can get if you will go register to http://newgrounds.gatewars.com/ its a separate server which was created to help new players catch up with odler players as you can ascend 20 times there quickly and after 20 times you can ascend it to main server and get a basic account with covert lvl 35 ac lvl 34 some 2T strength mothership and like 200m uu or so. It comes without ascended account, but if you want it you can ascend the last three times with it in main server and after first ascencion you will get ascended account with it. Or you can buy ascencion levels with $$$ and have full bonuses in main and dont have ascended acount and wont have to worry about being descended ever. And you can only have one such legal multies, as if you will have more it will be classed as multying and you can get banned or your all accounts might be deleted.

Yeah those turns can bring u that much uu, but your assumption about AS are wrong. and there are only couple accounts that over 1b uu. It is related to a mechanic called plague, as once your AS gets bigger than 770m units or similar number (the exact you can find in training page) your units starts dying every turn, and the higher your pop the more units dies each turn. It was implemented to stop unlimited growth or for i dont know what reasons :) Also once you hit like 570 m AS you cant raid anymore, and have to relate on your unit production or just buy units from black market with $$$. So those who wants to fight plague and have AS close to 1b or a bit above builds big up and builds their planets to give them more up and so on, but in reality its not worth and just a waste of resources ;)

Comanders gives income and u give them part of your up as bonus depending on how much income they give u :) also if you are your own commander i think u get both income and up bonus, and its better to find officers yourself rather than get some income :) as basically income comes from farming :) Even though there are some players who arent actively playing and they just rely on their income from planets while they are on ppt 8 or 9 days a over two weeks and then go on vacation mode and repeat same thing later on.

If you have any further questions u can ask me here o catch up josh on skype :D he was gone himself for like 6 years or so but is back in game for like two or three years now and knows all the things as well ;)
Bolded statement no longer true, you have to have at least 1 ascension on NG now to be able to purchase the last two.

Welcome back, I remember you but I do not think I had made a name for myself yet by the time you retired so highly doubt you will remember me.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year
KGC
Forum Irregular

Kikaz, your name rings a bell, but I can't remember the context. Were you once in the Alpha Allegiance when I was in charge of it?

About the whole army size and UP don't matter anymore: what do people spend their naq on then? Motherships, planets and covert levels? Or is there something new to aim for? I know you don't lose the MS when ascending so I assume it's safe to spend on that. And I think I'll wait with planets until I'm a bit stronger (do you lose them when ascending?). But apart from MS, once I start getting some serious naq and uu what should I do with them whilst waiting for the necessary G&R points for ascension? Just train miners and build up my MS? Seems a bit odd.

In NG I' ve already done 3 ascensions and in a few turns I can do the next one, so that seems to be going quickly. And as far as I understand it once I ascend it to Main it doesn't matter how strong it was as every NGMain account starts out exactly the same, right?
Kikaz
For the Lulz
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: Lulz
ID: 3471
Alternate name(s): Misery

I was Ancient Brethren from 2005 to 2008 then I spent 4 months in Alpha then from 2008 to 2014 I was in MaYHeM. Then with reborn and a few others I formed Jotunheim with recruits from mainly DDE and MaYHeM.
(Also had short stints in Omega, EPA, Crystal Force, DD, DDE, Leaf Village and an attempt to bring Owned. from quantum to main but for the most part were in the above alliances)

Otherwise I lead Owned. In quantum for over 30 waves and Emp in Chaos wave 1 and 2.

Yes, motherships,covert levels and planets. You do not lose planets while ascending.

What you do with NAQ and UU depend on whether or not you plan on warring or more focused on growth for now?

Planets always help, but I wouldn't recommend spending much on them until after you've finished ascensions and have at least 40 covert and AC.

(You can get yourself a Unknown 40/40 on the black market for pretty cheap cash wise if your considering a major comeback)

If you are considering buying an account please ask me first and I will let you know if it's worth what they are asking (I have built and sold 4 of the top 15 biggest accounts ingame currently) Haven't actively played in almost a year since my youngest was born but still have a good idea of what things are worth.

Shoot me a PM next time your out of perg, I'll send some presents.

Night night, will check in tomorrow.
Quotes
Meanwhile in MaYHeM
Duderanch wrote:And so it would come to pass, in December of 2012 the war between the ponies and the pandas broke out..it lasted 21 days, the result? Armagedon.
Noobert wrote:Kikaz scares me at times, and he's in my own alliance.
Dr. House wrote:I HAVE THE POWER! The power to warn, and I will **Filtered** use it too.
Kateaclysmic wrote: I thought you loved me, Kikaz. I'm getting an abortion.
Sarevok wrote:
Kikaz wrote:Ridiculous.
Congrats on the most constructive post ever...
Affirmation wrote: And Speaking of bad boys (the baddest)... Kikaz is right, Q is a family, and Affy is the love child of Kikaz and Kateaclysmic!! That is right... I am NOT AN ABORTION... but she never nursed me and Kikaz stopped being a terrible father figure to Affy years ago... Family - HA... Affy's old arse...[-X

Where is the love Kikaz??? WHERE IS THE LOVE (Dad... :smt047 ) ??? [-(
I creep though shadows
I rise up at night
I live just inside you
And give you a terrible fright
I walk through the darkness
I lurk under your bed
I live in your wardrobe
I creep up in the shed.
I tiptoe through the corridor
I follow you anywhere
I rip your braveness apart
And never ever care
I am fear so don't come near..
2007 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - 2011 Villian of the Year - 2012 Hall of Fame - 2012 Quantum Player of the Year Runner-up - Leader and Co-founder of the 2014 Alliance of the Year

Return to “New/Returned to the forum?”