So glad I found you

Introduce yourself and say hai here. :)
Esker
Forum Irregular
Race: System Lord
ID: 4507

Re: So glad I found you

I didn't get a spouse out of this game but I got a ton of good memories. I still think back on it from time to time and have the urge to revisit these old forums every other year or so. Something about that original, founding core of players was pretty magical. Probably because it takes a special kind of geek to get drawn into a fresh Stargate themed text based game, and we were all that kind of oddball on some level or another.

Here's to the good times.

- Esker
"...He intends to wipe out anyone in his way...
...watch your back my friends... Esker is in town."
Meagen
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: None
ID: 103816
Alternate name(s): Åmounet

It's nice to see some of the Old school players pop up. I'm waiting to see silent bob pop in. :smt047
[11:18:51 AM] Ulquiorra: Lesson learned, women can do many many things at once, don't annoy them they'll still kick your ass
~nyx~
Forum Expert
Alternate name(s): CleoCatra, Temptress, Femme Fatale, Nyx, Cleo

Meagen wrote:It's nice to see some of the Old school players pop up. I'm waiting to see silent bob pop in. :smt047
ahhh a former sgw hubby, so sad found real life and left for good hasn't been seen in years. :(
(Got married and has kid/s now)
“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true;
the other is to refuse to believe what is true.”
― Søren Kierkegaard

No one is more hated, than they that speak the truth ~Plato
SGW player since 11 Oct 2005 memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=5707
Meagen
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: None
ID: 103816
Alternate name(s): Åmounet

~NyX~ wrote:
Meagen wrote:It's nice to see some of the Old school players pop up. I'm waiting to see silent bob pop in. :smt047
ahhh a former sgw hubby, so sad found real life and left for good hasn't been seen in years. :(
(Got married and has kid/s now)

I was hoping someone would add him to the fb group. Also I found an old forum post of me from like 07'. It was kinda strange. I miss all the old school people. I find there abandoned accounts while farming and get a little sad.
[11:18:51 AM] Ulquiorra: Lesson learned, women can do many many things at once, don't annoy them they'll still kick your ass
Setesh
Lord of the Abyss
ID: 89014

buck wrote:
Nuto vixen wrote:
Colonel Jack Oneill wrote:Great Read :-D, Pretty cool you met your Husband here. Where you enemies at first or allies

Alot has changed in GW
We were never enemies actually. I found out about it through buck actually who would go on about how much of a good guy he was.
We always had similar ethics when it came to the game. I guess that also translated to how we were as people in real life too.

I organised a GW meet up for Australia players back in 2007 and he flew in from another state to attend. He says he liked me before we actually met, but I wasn't interested in him at all before I met him in person. Funny how life can take you by surprise like that.

Anyway,, 5 years of marriage later...geeks to the end.

The Deity was famous for an alliance called Ancient Brethren (lame!)(don't tell him I said that). I was famous for pissing people off and basically living on the forums or in the chat room. Is that still around?
Finally, some credit!

Hope you guys are doing well. I got little bucks runnin around these days :)

In this world nothing can be said to be certain except death, taxes, the Seahawks beating the Rams once a year, and Setesh loving buck.

Hi Nuto :)

Esker wrote:I didn't get a spouse out of this game but I got a ton of good memories. I still think back on it from time to time and have the urge to revisit these old forums every other year or so. Something about that original, founding core of players was pretty magical. Probably because it takes a special kind of geek to get drawn into a fresh Stargate themed text based game, and we were all that kind of oddball on some level or another.

Here's to the good times.

- Esker

And hello Esker. Never forget the glory days my friend.
[00:52:43] chacho67430: Di... setesh says thanks
[00:53:03] DeathIncarnator: someone kill setesh
Extremer wrote:I shall Enter TheLion
[4:54:59 PM] robert_paul97: (gay)
[4:55:08 PM] robert_paul97: (gaypartty)
[4:55:14 PM] robert_paul97: not work
Curumo
Forum Elite
Alliance: Naq Sellers Inc
ID: 1920808

Yay! Legends of old are coming back! Woop Woop! :D
Tok`ra
Forum Expert
Alliance: Olympus
Race: Tok`ra
ID: 38997

Nuto vixen wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am I was famous for pissing people off

pffft, noone ever will beat me in that.
Bad Wolf wrote:Tok`ra YOU ARE BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS STOP POSTING.
Ferra wrote: Oh **Filtered** a wild tokra
Ferra wrote:your brutally honest and morally sound
Support wrote:I still find myself occasionally just .. glibly concluding that I'm talking to one of the (if not the) biggest trolls of SGW. :P
IFLuX
Forum Elite
ID: 0

Tok`ra wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:05 pm
Nuto vixen wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:53 am I was famous for pissing people off

pffft, noone ever will beat me in that.
lol you are rucky league
Spoiler
mcdeadly . : i would rather eat stool from fluxes bumhole than fight alongside DDE!
Clockwork Ben Allman: Does not count if you pay for it flux, and tbh, you always 'pay' one way or another :P
anonymous :THIS should be the TAF motto..." Can't hack a war? Join TAF, just go inactive and let a couple guys carry you until the enemy gets bored!"
Loki: like i said before
Loki: denis doesnt have friends
Loki: just people he hasnt pissed off yet

[10:11:58 AM] Loki: I'm a sniper
[1:30:17 PM] Dean Bailey: tbh im not that sleep deprived
[1:30:26 PM] Dean Bailey: i had a super epic nap from 3PM till 6 PM
[1:30:52 PM] Dean Bailey: and thankfully it wasnt the kind of nap you have with TAF.

[19:59:26] Denis Oman: i never had sex with drugs
[19:59:32] Denis Oman: but i did when i was wasted as **Filtered**
[19:59:52] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Bad things happen when drunk lol
[20:00:10] WarGuruBambi -DDE: Dont get me wrong i love my son

CJO - Judgement HC
Scott form what I hear, no one in this game could beat you in an onliner, you have mad skills

[10:16 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: Flux when are you going to accept that you have potentially one friend on this game and everyone else can't stand you? It's quite sad to watch.
[10:17 PM] Skeleton Crew - Judgement 3ic: I think the worst part is the obvious psychological issue that you maintain this facade of being better than everyone but also putting it down to accounts are what matter
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Nuto vixen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm Hello to all who may or may not know my name to mean anything at all.

I was thinking about this game and the forums again recently so wanted to stop in and say hello.

My husband and I met because of this game, and so I feel eternally grateful to it even if I no longer play and I am no longer around.

I look around and I see few names I recognise. It also seems to be very quiet.

When I first started playing this game in 2005 the forums was the place to be.

We were stupid and fun and mean and challenging to each other, but we were a good community of idiots and it was truly a wonderful place to pass the time.

Shout outs to Omega whom are still a strong force as far as I can see. As much as they were an alliance I loved to hate, they are also close to my heart due to the fact I took part in their origin story with EnterTheLion and Diamond Dust.

I can't believe it has been 11 year since the game started.

I was 20 when I started playing and now I am an old age pensioner at 31. And it is still alive.

If nothing else, this place is a great time capsule for us old school players to look back on. The threads I spent so much of my early 20's being part of. The hours of chatting, posting and talking about other characters (or making up back-stories).

This place is very special to me and those who have made an impact on my life, even though I have never met them, are to be thanked for that.

Keep on keeping on SGW community. In a time when I felt I had nothing, this was everything to me.

-Nuto vixen
Hey Jess.

Been a while.

Been an awful long time since I visited the boards. I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to do so. An unannounced surge of nostalgia is all I can put it down to.

It's good to see a familiar face - after all this time and the ups and downs we had, owing mostly to my own alcohol intake combined with not having actually grown up, I made my fair share of mistakes and stupid decisions. Such a huge part of the journey of life though, that I probably never thought I would be saying but it really was. This community was something else and I don't think anything like it will ever exist again.

Twelve years of SGW is actually frightening, and it's incredible it still goes on.

I'm glad you and Deity found something really incredible together here. It's such a wonderful story and I'm so happy for you. I miss you both.

Getting emotional now. So many memories.

Take care dude,
Louis

(PS - Flying to Australia next week for a holiday, curiously enough).
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Nuto vixen
Forum Addict

Quina Quen wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:44 pm
Nuto vixen wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:56 pm Hello to all who may or may not know my name to mean anything at all.

I was thinking about this game and the forums again recently so wanted to stop in and say hello.

My husband and I met because of this game, and so I feel eternally grateful to it even if I no longer play and I am no longer around.

I look around and I see few names I recognise. It also seems to be very quiet.

When I first started playing this game in 2005 the forums was the place to be.

We were stupid and fun and mean and challenging to each other, but we were a good community of idiots and it was truly a wonderful place to pass the time.

Shout outs to Omega whom are still a strong force as far as I can see. As much as they were an alliance I loved to hate, they are also close to my heart due to the fact I took part in their origin story with EnterTheLion and Diamond Dust.

I can't believe it has been 11 year since the game started.

I was 20 when I started playing and now I am an old age pensioner at 31. And it is still alive.

If nothing else, this place is a great time capsule for us old school players to look back on. The threads I spent so much of my early 20's being part of. The hours of chatting, posting and talking about other characters (or making up back-stories).

This place is very special to me and those who have made an impact on my life, even though I have never met them, are to be thanked for that.

Keep on keeping on SGW community. In a time when I felt I had nothing, this was everything to me.

-Nuto vixen
Hey Jess.

Been a while.

Been an awful long time since I visited the boards. I'm not entirely sure what prompted me to do so. An unannounced surge of nostalgia is all I can put it down to.

It's good to see a familiar face - after all this time and the ups and downs we had, owing mostly to my own alcohol intake combined with not having actually grown up, I made my fair share of mistakes and stupid decisions. Such a huge part of the journey of life though, that I probably never thought I would be saying but it really was. This community was something else and I don't think anything like it will ever exist again.

Twelve years of SGW is actually frightening, and it's incredible it still goes on.

I'm glad you and Deity found something really incredible together here. It's such a wonderful story and I'm so happy for you. I miss you both.

Getting emotional now. So many memories.

Take care dude,
Louis

(PS - Flying to Australia next week for a holiday, curiously enough).
Hey Louis,

It is really lovely seeing your name again. We may have had our fair share of **Filtered** over the years, but I still think of you with fondness for all of the good times. And my friend there were many good times.
This place was a real respite for me while I was bored, lonely and in need of a friend. The friendships I forged in this game may not have been forever, but they were important and served me well at the time.
I count my lucky stars constantly for the good fortune of being in the right place at the right time to find Deity here. Fate is a strange beast.

You should find me on Facebook. I'd love to hear all about your Aussie trip and find out what you are up to these day.

NV
xox

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Well, heh heh, we all gotta have an origin story.... :smt117

....like a forum flavoured Ozymandias, mine reads, "They are now as i was then"
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “New/Returned to the forum?”