UK meet March 2nd or 3rd 2012

A place for planning conventions, meetings, etc....
Also a place for the pictures made there:)
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Re: UK meet March 2nd or 3rd 2012

Semper wrote:I think any actual disappointment that existed was more missing out on the meeting between you and Jim to see how that would have gone.

My face went from this :-) to this :( as time went and that it became clear there wouldn't be Jo on the meeting. That's mainly why I said I didn't want to drink more at the Fab caffé aka "disco-coffee shop-bar" place (well tbh that looked like a mix between the three, with addition of movie/series posters on the wall), because a disappointment turns into a big disappointment if I am to drink 'too much'. (not meaning drinking enough to be drunk)

Well done Jim! I thought you did very well keeping up, certainly a far superior english speaker than anything I could muster in french.

Haha thank you! I think it was first time I was involved in a long-lasting talking conversation in English outside of university courses.

As a final note.. like I mentioned above. I'm gonna try and get down south to the London area late april/first week of may. In the mean time however I do believe Phil and I have already begun discussing another meet in Liverpool between now and then (probably IN april).

I might (not saying I will) attend this too, if I can avoid extra cost due to booking at last moment and that it turns out to be a decent price (less than €250). I don't understand though, if a meeting happens, would it be in April, or in first week of May?

Jim wrote:
Legendary Apophis wrote:Btw, note to MCJ, I did come back by walking as I said I would from MU stadium to avoid paying the bus ticket. However, Google Maps says it takes 59min to go from Old Trafford to my hotel by walk, in reality, by doing nonsense for 2/3 of the walking, it took me 1h40. I even walked a part in the highway (towards Salford/Man Center after I left Stretford street I think) lol!

Now that I think about it, I should have paid the ticket instead! :lol:

You are crazy! The bus ticket was only like £2.50! Glad you managed to get back though.

You shouldn't tell me that, I was firmly believing it did cost £3.70 now what I did looks like even more of a fail. :lol:
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

The disappointment of Jo not appearing was what drove me to drink. Possibly.

I'm not available on the second weekend of April due to someone I used to know getting married and inexplicably inviting me, but I'd happily make an effort to come any other time.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Mordack wrote:The disappointment of Jo not appearing was what drove me to drink. Possibly.

I'm not available on the second weekend of April due to someone I used to know getting married and inexplicably inviting me, but I'd happily make an effort to come any other time.

I'll keep you posted about the mini-meet in Liverpool Phil wants to have.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Mordack wrote:The disappointment of Jo not appearing was what drove me to drink.

:smt042
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

As long as it would neither be around Sunday 22 April or Sunday May the 6th weekends, I might be able to come to said meeting. Might, not sure.
Otherwise, within these two weekend dates I am obviously not available. ;)
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Norbe
Forum Elder
Alliance: TÅ Åtlantis Expedition
ID: 37481

Did admin J turn up in the end?
Albert Einstein:"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
Master Splinter:"The moral high ground...the best place to sight your artillery"
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

More chance of the next Pope being black.

No, he didn't.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History

He didn't come. Maybe if we were the top 5 in game cash market spenders, he would have come to congratulate us on helping making this game roll? :P
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

General Riviera wrote:More chance of the next Pope being black.

No, he didn't.

would have thought dear ole Liz and Phil, would have dropped by or Wills and Kate..

Maybe Admin was with Jo :-D
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate

Post some pics will u :-D
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Nah - I deserve that one xD - cos he did :D
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Scar Face wrote:Join DDE, farm all the above :smt060
Bahaha that is the single best post ever, I love scar face.
Spoiler
Zod14c wrote: :shock: dont mass scar.. he is baaaaadasss
Quina Quen
Forum Addict

Post me a data cable and I will! ;)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

fem fatale wrote:Maybe Admin was with Jo :-D
I cannot confirm or deny that.

[spoiler]Thanks for that quintiple stat planet, Jay![/spoiler]
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
ID: 0
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
fem fatale wrote:Maybe Admin was with Jo :-D
I cannot confirm or deny that.

[spoiler]Thanks for that quintiple stat planet, Jay![/spoiler]

From what i remember its J :P

I would sure love to catch up with him....
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**

Return to “Conventions, meetups”