Where's good to go in the US?

A place for planning conventions, meetings, etc....
Also a place for the pictures made there:)
Duderanch
Internet Hero
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Ancient
ID: 58491

Where's good to go in the US?

My girlfriend and i are planning a trip to the US, ideally 6months - 1year traveling from east to west so was wondering if any Americans (or knowledgeable non-yanks) had anywhere to suggest? We plan to hit most of the touristy places anyway but wondering more about Cities/States to spend a few weeks in where we could get a bit of culture etc..
The trade broker reports trade from Surtr to *Teesdale_ of 100,000,000 Naq for 33,000,000,000,000 Naq is complete.

Barbara! says: haha ok you can have a piece of my soul for 50bil naq

Skype= dan_P_@msn.com
Teesdale
[21:06:02] Jake/Tees: does black market work in there?
[21:06:18] robert: nah
[21:06:24] robert: uu go in miners
[21:06:24] Duderanch: Yeah Ben said did but can't untrin miners so no point
[21:06:37] Jake/Tees: sweet, so methlad not be able to fight back :D
[21:06:46] Jake/Tees: EADC
Naq sold in 2017 - 21q
Evilevi777
Forum Elite
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Beast
ID: 69994
Alternate name(s): Levi, Evi

Re: Where's good to go in the US?

as SS said it really depends what you're looking for, I've been to around 30 states and i'm sure i could suggest a few good stops
ImageImage
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

My area..here we have rivers, streams, scenic mountains, ocean beaches, bay fishing, historical cities and museums...allot. Washington DC area, Maryland, Virginia, delaware

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

DO NOT come to the US we have nothing to offer. We are rude and intolerant of foreigners.

But really I'm kidding please ignore that first part.

I would say if you are starting on the East Coast and I'm assuming you will arrive in New York. Go see the Empire States Building, visit the 9/11 memorial site, maybe catch a baseball game after all its supposedly Americas past time, go to Atlantic city and do some gambling. Ride the subway Grand Central Station.

If you go South from there you could go to Washinton DC and see our nations capital and visit all the monuments there.

If you go even further South to Florida there are lots of beautiful beaches, Universal resort, Busch Gardens, and Disney World.

Moving West go to Atlanta Georgia, see the World of Coca Cola, Centennial Olympic park, CNN Building tour and you can't pass up Medieval Times in Lawrenceville.

Still West I would go to New Orleans, Louisiana and hit Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, and don't forget to go on a swamp tour or see the Red River district in Shreveport.

Continuing West to Texas and go to San Antonio and the river walk by the same name. There is also a Six Flags Theme park as well as the Alamo.

Continue West go to Arizona and see the Grand Canyon considered to be one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.

Personally from there I would skip California but if you must then there is of course Disney Land, Holly Wood, Sea World in San Diego and tons of other smaller adventure parks, zoos, aquariums and other attractions throughout the state.

Head North to Nevada and the "Entertainment Capital Of the World", Las Vegas. Gamble, shop, catch some shows.

Go North To Oregon and along the Coast there lots of Lighthouses, maybe take a boat tour in Depoe Bay and go whale watching or to the Sea Lion caves outside of Florence

Go North to Washington State, Seattle and see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square even ride the mono rail around the city.

I would head back East to Idaho and see Craters of the Moon and Hells Canyon for some white water river rafting.

Then North East to Wyoming and Yellow Stone park to see "Old Faithful".

From there go East again to South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore. There is a Minuteman Missile site as well as the Black Hills/Badlands and Sturgis home of one of the biggest motorcycle rallies every year.

There are lots of states I didn't include mostly the East Coast and Midwest just because I don't really know about anything in those places.

I hope this is helpful and provides you with some ideas. Enjoy your trip!!!
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

If you go to disney world you should go to discovery cove and swim with the fishes and dolphins and **Filtered**. They give you scuba masks and flippers and crap and its epic andt heres a river they have thats like really transparent and theres loads of cool rocks and fish at the bottom
Bromas
Forum Addict

SuperSaiyan wrote:lol, if you go to disney World stay there and ignore the rest of our country. Its literally the best thing we can offer a vacationer.

Ofc, I went there when I was 8
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

SuperSaiyan wrote:
El_Ryune wrote:DO NOT come to the US we have nothing to offer. We are rude and intolerant of foreigners.

No, don't ignore it.

Its true lmao.

Just be prepared :o
No it's not you self-hating **Filtered**.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

skip the states come up north and hit up Canada Land west coast styles :smt060 i geeeve u room to stayz and we party like its 1999 :smt047
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

SuperSaiyan wrote:
Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
El_Ryune wrote:DO NOT come to the US we have nothing to offer. We are rude and intolerant of foreigners.

No, don't ignore it.

Its true lmao.

are you prepared to tell me that you believe the majority of the US population are not rude and intolerant of outsiders?
Yup.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
[BoT] Jason
Forum History
Alliance: TA
Race: DIEDAYDIEDAY
ID: 13003152
Alternate name(s): Pimp,Slenderman

Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:
Empy wrote:
SuperSaiyan wrote:

No, don't ignore it.

Its true lmao.

are you prepared to tell me that you believe the majority of the US population are not rude and intolerant of outsiders?
Yup.
Pix or lies
Pimping

Feb 06, 06:16 Field Marshall Attack defended 15 88,977,968 0 x,x62,635,278,400 900,114 details

| | Hero of the Year | |

Winner: BMMJ13
Psyko
The Irresistible

I would say if you are starting on the East Coast and I'm assuming you will arrive in New York. Go see the Empire States Building, visit the 9/11 memorial site, maybe catch a baseball game after all its supposedly Americas past time, go to Atlantic city and do some gambling. Ride the subway Grand Central Station.

If you go South from there you could go to Washinton DC and see our nations capital and visit all the monuments there.

If you go even further South to Florida there are lots of beautiful beaches, Universal resort, Busch Gardens, and Disney World.

Moving West go to Atlanta Georgia, see the World of Coca Cola, Centennial Olympic park, CNN Building tour and you can't pass up Medieval Times in Lawrenceville.

Still West I would go to New Orleans, Louisiana and hit Bourbon Street and the French Quarter, and don't forget to go on a swamp tour or see the Red River district in Shreveport.

Continuing West to Texas and go to San Antonio and the river walk by the same name. There is also a Six Flags Theme park as well as the Alamo.

Continue West go to Arizona and see the Grand Canyon considered to be one of the 7 natural wonders of the world.

Personally from there I would skip California but if you must then there is of course Disney Land, Holly Wood, Sea World in San Diego and tons of other smaller adventure parks, zoos, aquariums and other attractions throughout the state.

Head North to Nevada and the "Entertainment Capital Of the World", Las Vegas. Gamble, shop, catch some shows.

Go North To Oregon and along the Coast there lots of Lighthouses, maybe take a boat tour in Depoe Bay and go whale watching or to the Sea Lion caves outside of Florence

Go North to Washington State, Seattle and see the Space Needle, Pike Place Market, Pioneer Square even ride the mono rail around the city.

I would head back East to Idaho and see Craters of the Moon and Hells Canyon for some white water river rafting.

Then North East to Wyoming and Yellow Stone park to see "Old Faithful".

From there go East again to South Dakota to see Mount Rushmore. There is a Minuteman Missile site as well as the Black Hills/Badlands and Sturgis home of one of the biggest motorcycle rallies every year.

There are lots of states I didn't include mostly the East Coast and Midwest just because I don't really know about anything in those places.

I hope this is helpful and provides you with some ideas. Enjoy your trip!!!

These are some great ideas.

I have lived in Oregon and the MIdwest, so I can tell you a bit more about those places and where I've been between.

Eastern Oregon is all desert plateau, which makes it great for rock climbing and renting a couple dune buggies for some dusty fun. Also, I would hit up Crater Lake (volcano blew its top and collapsed inward to leave a giant lake with an island in the middle); you can take a boat ride around the entire lake and get some amazing photographs. It's gorgeous.

Also in Oregon, you have tons of waterfalls and Portland (home of Voodoo Donuts, Powell's City of Books, the International Rose Gardens, and strange people).

There's also Yellowstone National Park, which spans over 3 states and is amazing. Filled with natural wildlife and half the things that could destroy the world at any point.

Further East you have Devil's Tower, which you can actually climb, and Crazy Horse Mountain (near Rushmore). Both are great places to go. I enjoyed Crazy Horse more than I did Rushmore. You get a great history of Native Americans, and if you go at the right time, you can see them ignite dynamite in a fireworks show to blow more chunks off the mountain. South Dakota also has Deadwood and Arizona Tombstone if you want to see some Old American West cities.

The Midwest is mostly meh. But Minnesota has the Mall of America. Huge mall with a roller coaster in the middle. One of those must-see kind of things in my book. Chicago, if you could believe it, has some great museums and Willis Tower (Formerly Sears Tower).

Tennessee is a great place for some culture. Everyone things country music, but there's also Blues and amazing food.

Also, if you go from Texas to Arizona, don't skip over New Mexico's Carlsbad Caverns.

Generalized suggestions:
Try going by train to/from a few places. You get a chance to relax while skipping over the boring places, and sometimes it's cheaper than airfare.
Sometimes flying into a popular airport, like NYC or D.C. is more expensive than other airports which are nearby. Everything is pretty crammed over on the East Coast, so it's a short trip to get from one city to another.

I'd also say go to Boston. But it's Boston...so don't go there. It's almost like going to Jersey.

I can think of more places, but those are off the top of my head.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

If your doing a extended visit be smart and hit Florida and other southern states during winter and the north in the summer, unless you want to see a beautiful winter and like the cold an awful lot... If I said any one state... Cali I mean it is the "American Dream" but I've also never been, heard Alaska was beautiful but again never been
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Bromas
Forum Addict

RoKeT wrote:If your doing a extended visit be smart and hit Florida and other southern states during winter and the north in the summer, unless you want to see a beautiful winter and like the cold an awful lot... If I said any one state... Cali I mean it is the "American Dream" but I've also never been, heard Alaska was beautiful but again never been

To get to Alaska don't you have to drive through Canada? *Shudders*

I'm sure Doc will tell us
Psyko
The Irresistible

Andy! wrote:
RoKeT wrote:If your doing a extended visit be smart and hit Florida and other southern states during winter and the north in the summer, unless you want to see a beautiful winter and like the cold an awful lot... If I said any one state... Cali I mean it is the "American Dream" but I've also never been, heard Alaska was beautiful but again never been

No. There's a ship that will take you from Washington to Alaska. Takes less time and it is cheaper than driving.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Bromas
Forum Addict

Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:

No. There's a ship that will take you from Washington to Alaska. Takes less time and it is cheaper than driving.

I think DR was hoping on driving though, not 100%.

Return to “Conventions, meetups”