Where's good to go in the US?

A place for planning conventions, meetings, etc....
Also a place for the pictures made there:)
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Re: Where's good to go in the US?

Andy! wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:
RoKeT wrote:If your doing a extended visit be smart and hit Florida and other southern states during winter and the north in the summer, unless you want to see a beautiful winter and like the cold an awful lot... If I said any one state... Cali I mean it is the "American Dream" but I've also never been, heard Alaska was beautiful but again never been

To get to Alaska don't you have to drive through Canada? *Shudders*

I'm sure Doc will tell us

No. There's a ship that will take you from Washington to Alaska. Takes less time and it is cheaper than driving.

I think DR was hoping on driving though, not 100%.

The boat is a ferry. It carries cars.

http://www.akms.com/ferry/
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:
RoKeT wrote:If your doing a extended visit be smart and hit Florida and other southern states during winter and the north in the summer, unless you want to see a beautiful winter and like the cold an awful lot... If I said any one state... Cali I mean it is the "American Dream" but I've also never been, heard Alaska was beautiful but again never been

No. There's a ship that will take you from Washington to Alaska. Takes less time and it is cheaper than driving.

I know a ferry carries cars. I didn't know by boat you where referring to a ferry
Psyko
The Irresistible

Andy! wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:
Psyko wrote:
Andy! wrote:

I know a ferry carries cars. I didn't know by boat you where referring to a ferry

Just because you know that a ferry carries cars does not mean I cannot clarify that point in case someone else reading this thread does not know that fact.

I was not trying to condescend, just be clear.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Well I did not connotate that from your typing
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Tetrismonkey wrote:Skip California? What bull **Filtered** is that? Just because its one of the most expensive places in the country, doesn't mean to avoid it!

In all seriousness, make your way to San Diego. Very seneic lots of spots to see. Down town has some very fine cusien. You can go to Coronado Island, very nice beaches. You can see the Navy ships from the bridge, quite the sight. Also, Seals train here to. I've seen them, so cool! :smt081. Go north on the I-5 and you will run into Seaworld. Don't miss it, its fun for the young and old! I go every other weekend. lol

Further north, about 30 miles, you will find Oceanside, Ca. It has much history! Nice beaches!

Go North past LA, theres a theme park called Magic Mountain. It has some of THE best roller coasters you will ever find. I kid you not.

Thats all I know for Cali for the most part. Northern part near Sacramento is full of farms.

Theres also Disneyland and Knott's Berry Farm...with the best Funnel Cakes. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

Santa Barbara and Ventura County in California have beautiful scenic places (and great towns/small cities) that are a lot of fun. Of course San Francisco is a fascinating gorgeous city and the national parks in California are amazing. Agreed downtown San Diego is really attractive. If you book far enough in advance, the Hard Rock Hotel wasn't that expensive to stay at for me and, on Friday and Saturday nights, that is the place to be!

Colorado and Utah are amazing on natural beauty aside from the obvious Grand Canyon in Arizona. The entire South West is gorgeous really. If you're going across country, the Arch in Saint Louis is very special, though so is Chicago. America only has a few cities that are truly jam packed with skyscrapers. Chicago is one of the most impressive.

Make sure wherever you go you get off the beat and path. Go through some small towns, take backroads whenever possible (if you have the time). See the real America that isn't just highways, amusement parks and fast food restaurants. I've spoken to a lot of foreigners who come to America and are shocked to see trees or shocked to see we aren't all cowboys.

I have a personal love for the city of Pittsburgh, not only because I live here, but because it has surprising amounts of natural beauty (don't laugh it's true there are few more beautifully situated cities in the US than Pittsburgh) a fascinating history and some amazing architecture.

There are so many places to go and explore around the US you could spend a lifetime doing it. Honestly you can't go wrong with pretty much anywhere. There's always something to be seen. Except maybe Iowa...CORN CORN CORN CORN CORN hey look a tree! CORN CORN CORN CORN CORN what's that smell?
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
Psyko
The Irresistible

Mathlord wrote:Except maybe Iowa...CORN CORN CORN CORN CORN hey look a tree! CORN CORN CORN CORN CORN what's that smell?

It's true. I lived there for 4 years. You should see the bumps in the road they call "mountains". :smt081
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
El_Ryune
Forum Regular
Alliance: Eternal Knights
Race: System Lord
ID: 33236

I know I said this to you in PM but if or when you do have some kind of itinerary you should share it. You never know which one of us might be near where you are going and would be willing to show you around or even give you a meal or a place to stay for the night.
Spoiler
byrne_1 wrote:My old alliance. ](*,)

Old EoB back in its peak, would of massed back with style. I cant see any come back this time.

So sad to see this.

Out of the all the alliances, you massed. Eob and maybe Eternal Knights could of done damage in their prime.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Psyko wrote:The Midwest is mostly meh. But Minnesota has the Mall of America. Huge mall with a roller coaster in the middle. One of those must-see kind of things in my book.
Like, 10 minutes from my house. If you can plan your route to drive through Minnesota you should stop and go to the Mall of America, the largest mall in the United States and one of the largest indoor malls in the world, which has a theme park in the middle as Psyko said and also some sort of underground aquarium with sharks and **Filtered**, and more...

Besides that I wouldn't plan coming through here (Minnesota) for anything, just considering everywhere else you could go. We have forests and lakes, about it. Iowa has corn. Wisconsin doesn't have **Filtered**. North Dakota doesn't have anything, and South Dakota only has Mouth Rushmore (which you look at for 5 minutes then move on). Might as well go more south to be honest >_>

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
BMMJ13
Lord of Winterfell
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 89633

Honours and Awards

Places I've gone and can recommend:
Chincoteague, Virginia - Island on the Atlantic which is famous for the feral ponies that roam on it's sister island. Very nice beaches as well.
Pocono Mountains, Pennsylvania - All the beauty of New England without having to drive to **Filtered** New England. Lots of Vegetation, Water falls and Animals to see.
Orlando/Vero Beach/Cape Canaveral, Florida - Theme Parks in Orlando, Space Center in Cape Canaveral, Nice beaches as well as Sea Turtles in Vero
Four Corners, Colorado/New Mexico/Utah/Arizona - Only place in the country where you can be in 4 states at once. Lots of nice, different scenery compared to most other parts of the country around it. Navajo nation is also close to/part of it.
Mar 18, 14:52 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 104,724,369 details
Spoiler
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

renegadze
Forum Elite

Would highly recommend Route 66 with a twist

West to east really works better for this....but East to West....Start at New York (awesome place to visit if you've never been....be prepared to spend a lot of cash here though, think I did £2000 in 10 days.

Then make you're way across to Chicago via Ohio and Indiana, then do the Route 66 down from there to LA. If hiring a car.....don't make the mistake of going to a rental company, as they charge you for the shipping cost to get it back to it's original destination (not that I suppose they actually ship it). Buy a cheap car and just dump it at the other end :P
Spoiler
ImageImageImage
matty~
Forum Regular
Alliance: RIcos warlords
Race: i need sleep
ID: 1950534
Alternate name(s): ~matty~
xzxmattyxzx

dont forget about the niagra falls the grand canyon and alantic city :-D
dont fight a retard..they'lll drag you down and beat you with experience
Spoiler
Some say im insane....I say..My Sanity just took a break

Im so far from the grapevine, im buying grapes from the supermarket.
BEWARE MY SCOPE ZOOMS HEAT SEAKING SCOPE . PRO SNIPER BABY
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

Yellowstone, it was the first national park for a reason

maine, very underrated acadia national park is awesome, though it is definately life in the slow lane up there

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Conventions, meetups”