Reporting posts

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Reporting posts

When reporting a post, shouldn't I get a feedback? I just reported one and all I got was the confirmation that my report was closed and that's it. No response by the mod who closed it. I was simply ignored.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Re: Reporting posts

I have always gotten feedback on reported posts. Does the post warrent feedback, like if it was just a black market post, it may not require feedback, just a thought.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
geisha
Forum Addict

it was about biased moderating so it actually doesn't surprise me that I never got feedback ;)
geisha

GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

I don't think there is as much of that these days, i find most ( not all ) of the mods now are fairly even, maybe your report just got picked up by someone who has issues with you, i would PM smoosh im sure he can look into it more if you feel you where unfairly treated.
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Geisha, seriously, stop begging for attention.
I locked the topic because it was full of insults and slander. And just because you always need to have a go at me, that's not my problem. I don't give a damn what people think of TLE, I personally am not fan of them either, so there goes even your 'bias' part...

Seriously, stop testing the moderators.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict

I guess you can call that your feedback :D

geisha
Forum Addict

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:Geisha, seriously, stop begging for attention.
I locked the topic because it was full of insults and slander. And just because you always need to have a go at me, that's not my problem. I don't give a damn what people think of TLE, I personally am not fan of them either, so there goes even your 'bias' part...

Seriously, stop testing the moderators.

Teal'auc

umm, if I remember correctly all I said was (didn't save the report so I have to retype it):

This is a perfect example of censoring topics just because a moderator doesn't agree with their content. While I personally don't agree with what the topic author says, I still don't think it is against the rules. He is stating his opinion about an alliance based on their ingame actions and forum posts. Isn't that a part of what these forums are all about? Hell, there even was the "official I hate Omega thread" on the forums for months. It's a war game after all. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't see any personal insults or rule violation in the initial post. To be fair, I haven't read all posts but even if they contained rule violations, shouldn't they just have been modded instead of locking the whole thread?

I do not see how I was having a go at you there. Sorry but you are not that important to me. I am just always concerned about over-moderation on these boards and I do speak up when I see it happening.
geisha

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Geisha, read the topic carefully... it was full of slander and people were basically flaming each other. They made new topic, and as long as people are able to discuss without insults, nobody will have problem with that topic staying there. But what's too much that's too much... as was the last topic about TLE.

Teal'auc
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
geisha
Forum Addict

I just think it is rather poor to lock topics completely instead of modding the posts that have to be modded.

The forums have gotten a lot better since Smoosh is in charge but there used to be a time when moderators thought "moderator" is another word for "locking machine". I just don't want those times to come back.

Also, you could have just responded to my report instead of closing it and ignoring me. Just a thought. Being a mod isn't all about clicking buttons ;)
geisha

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

geisha wrote:I just think it is rather poor to lock topics completely instead of modding the posts that have to be modded.

The forums have gotten a lot better since Smoosh is in charge but there used to be a time when moderators thought "moderator" is another word for "locking machine". I just don't want those times to come back.

Also, you could have just responded to my report instead of closing it and ignoring me. Just a thought. Being a mod isn't all about clicking buttons ;)

Yah, sorry, I could've respond to the report. That's my bad.

However, modding the topic is a bit pointless, seeing we have another one now in place. Hopefully cleaner one.

Teal'auc
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

modding a topic is far too often not enough to stop the behavior trend of the posters...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
geisha
Forum Addict

Zeratul wrote:modding a topic is far too often not enough to stop the behavior trend of the posters...

But you can at least try, can't you? I always thought locking should be the last option but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, were are going off topic here. My question in this thread was whether forum users should get feedback for reporting posts or not. I'm just asking because if ignoring reports is a common thing, then I won't bother reporting posts in future.
geisha

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

geisha wrote:
Zeratul wrote:modding a topic is far too often not enough to stop the behavior trend of the posters...

But you can at least try, can't you? I always thought locking should be the last option but maybe that's just me.

Anyway, were are going off topic here. My question in this thread was whether forum users should get feedback for reporting posts or not. I'm just asking because if ignoring reports is a common thing, then I won't bother reporting posts in future.

It is not. reports are dealt with... if they are valid. Thanks goodness, people rarely misuse report function these days. I hope that answers your question.

Teal'auc
geisha
Forum Addict

All reports are valid as long as the reporter states why he is reporting a post...

So I read your reply here as "reports will be responded to if the moderator who is the first one to read them agrees with them, if the moderator doesn't agree, then they will just get closed without a comment or explanation"?
geisha

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

geisha wrote:All reports are valid as long as the reporter states why he is reporting a post...

So I read your reply here as "reports will be responded to if the moderator who is the first one to read them agrees with them, if the moderator doesn't agree, then they will just get closed without a comment or explanation"?

It's not agreeing or disagreeing. Also, me closing your report was a mistake, I believe I stated that and apologized few posts ahead.

Teal'auc

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”