~~~~JACKS POST~~~~~~

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

Remove Jack from being a Mod?

Yes
56%
No
44%

Total votes: 50
deni
The Initiate
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM
Race: Goddess
ID: 75493

Honours and Awards

Re: ~~~~JACKS POST~~~~~~

TheRook wrote:
smooshable wrote:Look The Rook, I didn't fire you, you quit.

If you made your desision a bit hasty and would like to reconsider of course you can come back. But if you're giving two weeks notice and leaving then I'm sure we can manage two weeks without you. The mods have already said to me that we have to many currently.

It's up to you.

smoosh

I gave the two weeks notice because if things didnt change I would quit.

I dont like coming and reading the mod forum when every other post by Jack is saying we all need to stop being so sensitive and that we should go cry to our mothers and that we should grow a back bone etc.

TheRook

@ trade sabotage etc.
while its not the place to discuss it I believe the thread created by Lore was regarding people coming in and going if you trade with x person we will mass you and the seller and sit on your accounts. My Memory isn't perfect but without actually being able to read it all now that was how the topic generally started in the mod section.

His post is just as valid as someone coming along saying they trust him entirely and have traded with him.

@ deni he didnt say he was a scammer or a cheater he just stated he didnt trust him as a player which I think is as fair as someone vouching for a trader and saying they are trustworthy... its more or less feedback which others can take into account.

yes there is the trade feedback forum but how many people visit there? I know I don't and I'm sure many others dont.

but this is getting off topic the point 311 made was that he deleted his post without giving a reason. Jack then stated he did no such thing and then later posted that he did do it...

Fact is, discussion about if you trust someone as a player or not has no place in a trade tread. If I or any market mod was online at the time, we would have deleted/split the post aswell.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

Keep smiling, it makes people wonder what you're up to
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

TheRook wrote:
Jack wrote:I said I never deleted his posts, which I didn't. They're in the mod dump.

moved/deleted the point he was getting it was that he wasnt informed... after he posted here that he wasn't informed you sent him a pm.

TheRook

we delete hundreds of posts daily from the market. it is not current practice to inform the poster individually about every deleted post or tread.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe.

TheRook
Forum Addict
Alliance: Warlords of Briton
Race: Humanoid
ID: 30679

I'm just awaiting Auriel to come and side with Jack.

Then we will have the exact same circumstances as in the mod section.

The point remains and this was brought up when Jack was promoted to supermod. He didn't have any mod experience. He went straight to supermod. DaDigi technically was next in line but he was refused because they didnt need any more supermods... yet Jack was given such a position.

If you want to know my full position on this I have been giving it over the past month or two in the various threads in the moderator forum.

@ deni when ever I edit a users post or delete it I will send them a pm to let them know where that post is or why I did something as a mod. This should be common practice I know other sections are far busier than the ascended section but really sending a 2 line pm isn't going to make it far more difficult and it helps make mods more approachable when they keep the forum users informed.

But again I have different views/opinions to people on here regarding what a mod should be doing for the forum and the users.

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 1&t=174111

Main ID = 30679 | Ascended ID = 1467
TheRook
Forum Addict

Jack wrote:
TheRook wrote:
Jack wrote:I said I never deleted his posts, which I didn't. They're in the mod dump.

moved/deleted the point he was getting it was that he wasnt informed... after he posted here that he wasn't informed you sent him a pm.

TheRook

I didn't have time to inform him about it before he posted again. :roll:

in that case fair enough but he did write a long post and I dont know how quickly he can type but as you can see from the posts etc the best people can ever know is basing it upon what has been posted

TheRook
My Account for Sale (cold hard cash) at the link below (Have a look its a great deal!)

Biscuit
The Crumbly One
ID: 0

TheRook wrote:I'm just awaiting Auriel to come and side with Jack.

The point remains and this was brought up when Jack was promoted to supermod. He didn't have any mod experience. He went straight to supermod. DaDigi technically was next in line but he was refused because they didnt need any more supermods... yet Jack was given such a position.

You upset that he has people who stand up for him? That he has friends who will stand in his corner? Well I'm one of them.

Jack actually has more experience being moderator/supermod/admin than most on the mod team. Yes someone else might have been in line for 'promotion' but with any job experience is more important than anything.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

Biscuit wrote:Jack actually has more experience being moderator/supermod/admin than most on the mod team. Yes someone else might have been in line for 'promotion' but with any job experience is more important than anything.

How can you judge the mod team when you never were part of it? I was part of mod team for over 2 years and i have to say that Jack is hardly moderator material. And quite frankly, there will be more people agreeing with this statement.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
Phoenix of Terra
Forum Zombie
Alliance: ex-TSA
Race: Troll
ID: 12371123

Just curious, if Jack had edited the post "correctly" and then quoted and insulted AGA, would there be such an uproar? I doubt it.
My name is red because I'm one of the few Tok`ra. Your questions have now been answered.
Pimping D wrote:if this game has made you cry please delete your account and get a life
Prophet of Truth wrote:You are an impediment that the universe can no longer abide. Nature itself cries out for your destruction...
The Phoenix Awards!
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

THATS FUNNY

cuz i made the post

I DROVE SOMEWHERE that took over 30+ mins

took place in a conference call, then looked at forums, lol ........

its not like i was sitting and waiting for him to do something

i posted my thoughts then left for somewhere

HE TOLD ME NOTHING

and even now he is claiming he is not lying when he says he did not delete the post cuz he sent it to the dump

he is splitting hairs

he deleted, removed it from his thread, and is doing that to others posts as well
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Phoenix of Terra wrote:Just curious, if Jack had edited the post "correctly" and then quoted and insulted AGA, would there be such an uproar? I doubt it.

He should not insult at all. He is a global moderator, he should set good example to rest of the community, not abuse them and laugh into their faces 'but i can, because I have friends on high places'.

Teal'auc
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
deni
The Initiate

Honours and Awards

TheRook wrote:I'm just awaiting Auriel to come and side with Jack.

If you want to know my full position on this I have been giving it over the past month or two in the various threads in the moderator forum.

@ deni when ever I edit a users post or delete it I will send them a pm to let them know where that post is or why I did something as a mod. This should be common practice I know other sections are far busier than the ascended section but really sending a 2 line pm isn't going to make it far more difficult and it helps make mods more approachable when they keep the forum users informed.

But again I have different views/opinions to people on here regarding what a mod should be doing for the forum and the users.

TheRook

well Rook, the market section has different rules then the other forum parts, as there are usually hundreds of posts that have to be deleted per day. No one gets a notification that their post has been deleted and it was never a problem until now.

And I disagree, sending over 100 pm's per day will make the job more difficult. I think you underestimate the "turnover" of posts in the market section.

Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Jack wrote:Yeah, you've insulted me how many times now?

Playing victim? Didn't you slander me for doing that? I didn't insult you. I pointed out you are not suited for being a moderator, let alone global moderator. If that's insulting for you, then do something so people change their opinion.

Teal'auc
TheRook
Forum Addict

Phoenix of Terra wrote:Just curious, if Jack had edited the post "correctly" and then quoted and insulted AGA, would there be such an uproar? I doubt it.

no there wouldn't other than the stuff we have discussed in the mod section.

The fact is he didnt do it ccorrectly.

TheRook

Biscuit
The Crumbly One

Teal'auc of the Tok'ra wrote:
Biscuit wrote:Jack actually has more experience being moderator/supermod/admin than most on the mod team. Yes someone else might have been in line for 'promotion' but with any job experience is more important than anything.

How can you judge the mod team when you never were part of it? I was part of mod team for over 2 years and i have to say that Jack is hardly moderator material. And quite frankly, there will be more people agreeing with this statement.

Teal'auc

Aww, come on.. you just made yourself look stupid.. I was a moderator :lol: :-D

"Hey guys - here comes the bandwagon.. LETS ALL JUMP ON IT!!!" (pointed at you and the rest of the people who love to pick on someone)

Teal'auc - Jacks postcount is the highest on the forum meaning he has posted more than anyone. He has more experience on the forum than anyone. I have first hand experience of Jack being in charge and he does it better than you and better than anyone on the forum.

If you want to go on a personal war because you don't like someone go ahead but don't say someone isn't capable of doing something when they're better for the job than you.

What are you going to say? Postcount means nothing? Your opinion is more important than mine because you're well known in the upper parts of the forum? People agree with you? So..? That doesn't make you right.

Everyone loves to say Jack is wrong and ridicule anyone who stands up for him. During his time as Ombudsman, before it and now.
But guess what? He's still here and so are his friends.

Jack has done so much more for this forum than anyone even if it isn't evident to you.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Just because someone spams, that does not give him modding experriences. Just because someone spams and has big post counts, that does not give them right to abuse forum users there and there. Your logic is flawled, Mr. biscuit.

Teal'auc

PS:
Jack wrote:Difference is Jenny, I'm not actually playing the victim. I was merely pointing out that you were insulting me, thus have double standards, thus are a hypocrite. ;)

Yes, you are a hypocrite. We know it, jack.
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra

Jack wrote:How am I the hypocrite, Jenny?

Well, you being the mod is perfect example of being hypocrite. You are here for upholding higher standards, setting an example, yet, you abuse users, insult them and when someone points that fact back at you, you claim they insult you.

Oh well... :roll:

Teal'auc

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”