Haz - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Haz - Feedback

Jedi~Tank wrote:Very good mod. ;)

I think you say that because I haven't warned you for a while :P Just kidding, cheers :D
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:So I should follow the forum guidelines, but mods don't?
What do you mean? Since when are any Mods not following Forum Guidelines, and not receiving a warning for it?

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:And I can ask anyone anything I want in a pm, especially a threatening one. I have NO RIGHT to ask sumthing that is an option in the damn reports?
You can ask if it was closed or not, and whoever you asked will probably answer. That's what the email you get will tell you if you check the box (as other people already said).

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:Man you just can't ever get over yourselves even for 2 seconds to say, ya know what dex, ur right. Maybe you got a point. Nawh, i forget im dealing with people who have had power trips since they were 12 and are now 17 or whatever
You don' have a point though.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Dexter Morgan™ wrote:And I can ask anyone anything I want in a pm, especially a threatening one. I have NO RIGHT to ask sumthing that is an option in the damn reports?
You can ask if it was closed or not, and whoever you asked will probably answer. That's what the email you get will tell you if you check the box (as other people already said).

Or if you forgot to check the box to receive a notification, you can also click the report button for said post. If it comes up with "This post has already been reported" it hasn't been closed.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Or if you forgot to check the box to receive a notification, you can also click the report button for said post. If it comes up with "This post has already been reported" it hasn't been closed.
I think there's things to learn from this on both sides. However, Haz, i think the most important bit you should take away from this is to make reports that contain the following:

The automatic link to the post being warned for.
Copy paste of the text from the post being warned for.
Copy paste of the rule that was broken.

Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that Dexter Morgan™ said your name therefore specifically referring to you as a Mod is nothing, you shouldn't use the warning to respond to such a thing. Keep all personality and personal messages out of the warnings. If you didn't like the fact he singled you out then PM him about it. But try and keep the warnings to the content mentioned above which has been explained before here: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=188176

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but I know for a fact that personality should always be removed from issuing warnings which includes the message you put in the warnings. Take this situation for instance, Dexter Morgan™ has accused you of threats or something, may not have any grounds for it, but he did it because of your message in the warning. If you had kept all personality out of the warning and used the format as I mentioned which has also been posted before by the admins then he would not have had that ammo to use against you, even if it does turn out to be rubber bullets.

EDIT: It was more than likely the verbal warning he was referring, but meh it's still good advice me thinks.
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

I think there's things to learn from this on both sides. However, Haz, i think the most important bit you should take away from this is to make reports that contain the following:

The automatic link to the post being warned for.
Copy paste of the text from the post being warned for.
Copy paste of the rule that was broken.

Nothing more, nothing less. The fact that Dexter Morgan™ said your name therefore specifically referring to you as a Mod is nothing, you shouldn't use the warning to respond to such a thing. Keep all personality and personal messages out of the warnings. If you didn't like the fact he singled you out then PM him about it. But try and keep the warnings to the content mentioned above which has been explained before here: viewtopic.php?f=268&t=188176

Obviously I can't tell you what to do, but I know for a fact that personality should always be removed from issuing warnings which includes the message you put in the warnings. Take this situation for instance, Dexter Morgan™ has accused you of threats or something, may not have any grounds for it, but he did it because of your message in the warning. If you had kept all personality out of the warning and used the format as I mentioned which has also been posted before by the admins then he would not have had that ammo to use against you, even if it does turn out to be rubber bullets.

I didn't intend for him to interpret it as a threat, but his interpretation was probably my fault, due to the usage of blue colour as opposed to making it plain colour. But you are right, I should have kept the warning plain, and PMed him separately about being called out, therefore separating me as a user apart from my mod duties.

Sorry for the misleading message Dexter.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:Horrible mod. Bias and unworthy of the title of modship.
:---)

Thank you for constantly bashing me and putting me in my place. I'm glad someone is.

One thing I would like to see different, is to take things a little less stringent. Relax a bit. Not everything has to be black and white.

Awesome mod. I like you. Time for cookies, yes?

Bashing you? O_O

And I tend to read things black and white so as to avoid the "grey areas" in rules. see what I did there? :P
But I know that it isn't always the best way to approach things. I'll try to be less strict, where I can.

And you'll get cookies once you've finished my sig :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Tetrismonkey wrote:
Haz wrote:
Tetrismonkey wrote:Horrible mod. Bias and unworthy of the title of modship.
:---)

Thank you for constantly bashing me and putting me in my place. I'm glad someone is.

One thing I would like to see different, is to take things a little less stringent. Relax a bit. Not everything has to be black and white.

Awesome mod. I like you. Time for cookies, yes?

Bashing you? O_O

And I tend to read things black and white so as to avoid the "grey areas" in rules. see what I did there? :P
But I know that it isn't always the best way to approach things. I'll try to be less strict, where I can.

And you'll get cookies once you've finished my sig :P

Which one? :smt043
The bashing sentence wasn't meant to be taken literally. k?

The CV sig :P And I was worried there for a bit.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Hes a great mod, when ever he gives me a warning of any kind. We always have a good conversation in PMs(at least I think so).

Sometimes, I think I cause him stress when I reply back with something witty. :( :smt022
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Rudy Pena wrote:Hes a great mod, when ever he gives me a warning of any kind. We always have a good conversation in PMs(at least I think so).

Sometimes, I think I cause him stress when I reply back with something witty. :( :smt022

Yeah good conversations...you sometimes worry me when you are drunk though :P And never really get stressed lol
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Haz wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Hes a great mod, when ever he gives me a warning of any kind. We always have a good conversation in PMs(at least I think so).

Yeah good conversations...you sometimes worry me when you are drunk though :P And never really get stressed lol

Lol Ah, Hopefully I wont be getting drunk for quite a while. :-D 8-[ And thats good to hear...at least one of us can stop worrying. ;) :P
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

No worries Haz.
As my fearless leader JT has said. "Great Mod" :)
GhostyGoo
Forum Addict
Alliance: 5PYM45T3R
Race: HE WHO KEEPS ME HERE
Location: ZOOMING THROUGH YOUR EGO AT A ZILLION MILES AN HOUR

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Bad mod, trivial. Takes warnings too far.

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:You take your modding responsibilities too far. You need to be more relaxed and not verbal warn over anything and everything.

Z E R O wrote:some of your decisions can be a little OTT, and your modding can be slightly overzealous. I just think you could benefit from giving a little bit more leeway.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:he is too rigid would be better suited to market..
Haz, loosen up a little..

Tetrismonkey wrote:One thing I would like to see different, is to take things a little less stringent. Relax a bit. Not everything has to be black and white.

I don't think i have ever, in over 20 years of frequenting forums, newsgroups and the suchlike, been given a warning for anything at all. What you gave me a warning for was entirely ambiguous as is the rule you used to warn me with. I do not think that your poor soul is to blame for any of these above opinions, it is the rule that you are enforcing which is to blame.

When you have a job to do its not always possible to be anything other than black or white and if the rule says no chickens are we allowed hens? Best to keep hens to an absolute minimum too in my opinion. I'm not happy about the warning you gave me, i would have been much happier if you'd have scanned quickly my posts over the last few days, realised i had not been here for years and politely but sternly pointed me in the direction of this "masking" malarky.

Masking is a can of worms to be sure, its not your fault. That word could have been ship, shine, shoot, shape, and a plethora of other words. Fact is it was not and you quite rightly removed the word. Did you have to remove almost entirely the whole post for 3 illegal letters?

Next we'll have an outright ban on Cyanistes caeruleus and Constable's paintings!

-Goo™
ImageImageImage
Spoiler
GhostyGoo wrote:Yesno.
the3rdlibra wrote:if it's a silly turnip head competition you want, i'm going to decline as i think i may have met my match in you vegetable brains.
Cersei Lannister wrote:Debasing? I am not the one drawing crazy pictures of force fielded stick figures.
Energise
Magical Monkeys & Grapefruit Migration:|:Hallowed are the Gò.Ó'ri™ **fixed**
Lithium
Forum Zombie
Alliance: The Pirate's Panties
Race: Pirate

Hes the best Mod ever , how could come up with such quotes???

note: dont reply me here , u get warned, use pm system :)
Previously on GateWars Forum
The orgin of Guild
Spoiler
Lithium wrote:he was talkin bout me and remembering the days i was massing him wit one finger ;)
Guild wrote:is that the same finger you stick up your bum ? :smt060
Lithium wrote:no its the one who gave u life ;)
Field Marshall wrote:Lith put his finger up his bum and Guild arrived? :smt017
I wish that was genuinely true :)
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
MajorLeeHurts wrote:
Lithium wrote:oooo why there isnt any emo for this one , id have dropped of chair dead :smt042
Agreed that was the funnies **Filtered** ive read here!
Im sure JT is enjoying this thread , if he isnt hes in a coma !
Feedback Me
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=101259
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

GhostyGoo wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:Bad mod, trivial. Takes warnings too far.

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:You take your modding responsibilities too far. You need to be more relaxed and not verbal warn over anything and everything.

Z E R O wrote:some of your decisions can be a little OTT, and your modding can be slightly overzealous. I just think you could benefit from giving a little bit more leeway.

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:he is too rigid would be better suited to market..
Haz, loosen up a little..

Tetrismonkey wrote:One thing I would like to see different, is to take things a little less stringent. Relax a bit. Not everything has to be black and white.

I don't think i have ever, in over 20 years of frequenting forums, newsgroups and the suchlike, been given a warning for anything at all. What you gave me a warning for was entirely ambiguous as is the rule you used to warn me with. I do not think that your poor soul is to blame for any of these above opinions, it is the rule that you are enforcing which is to blame.

When you have a job to do its not always possible to be anything other than black or white and if the rule says no chickens are we allowed hens? Best to keep hens to an absolute minimum too in my opinion. I'm not happy about the warning you gave me, i would have been much happier if you'd have scanned quickly my posts over the last few days, realised i had not been here for years and politely but sternly pointed me in the direction of this "masking" malarky.

Masking is a can of worms to be sure, its not your fault. That word could have been ship, shine, shoot, shape, and a plethora of other words. Fact is it was not and you quite rightly removed the word. Did you have to remove almost entirely the whole post for 3 illegal letters?

Next we'll have an outright ban on Cyanistes caeruleus and Constable's paintings!

-Goo™

As told to you in PM, the other words were removed as they only related to the masked word. And as the masking rule states:

Consequence:
When only minor profanity is used, only a Verbal Warning may be issued. In all other cases a Board Warning will be issued. In the case of Masking a Board Warning will always be issued.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Most people ain't gonna see the significance of this post, but the staff certainly will. lol

I have to side with Haz here, he was right on the money. The rule is pretty clear and the punishment is largely set in stone. Your post was pretty blatant ta boot.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”