Haz - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Haz - Feedback

George Hazard wrote:
Juliette wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Haz wrote:
George Hazard wrote:As I have repeatedly tried to tell you in the past, Modding is more than just rules haz. And continually you seem ignorant to this principal. Modding is fostering the community. You just posting in certain issues threads that do not require you to post in is causing problems you are too arrogant to see (as the king of arrogance, I know it when I see it).
Is this not a public forum? Suddenly I'm restricted on what I can post?
YES! ](*,)

Finally he gets it.
The forum may be public but the minute you dawn that special color and get some big boy pants you are no longer free. You are an appendage of the forums and should behave as such. Especially since you are above all the mods. You should be leading by example instead of flaming users and causing a commotion. If you know someone is going to react poorly to anything you say... DON'T SAY IT. As you said, you are not above any of the section heads, let them handle the users with massive problems with you so things don't get out of hand and out of control. Say whatever the **Filtered** you want in the mod sections, keep it private.

You need to watch what you say, you need to not speak your mind, and you need to realize that as a top level staff member every single thing you post is being perceived differently. So yes, you are restricted, you are restricted to act the way you want everyone else to act, the staff and the users. When you learn how to do that, maybe we'll actually see some change thats worth something.
This I wholeheartedly agree with. We have been discussing that as well.. in my opinion, a mod is a mod is a mod, whether he be posting in his section, or elsewhere.. a higher standard should apply. (Yes, that means I need to clean up my act as well.. but the point stands.)

It is a rather lengthy debate though. The 'volunteer argument', that is "We cannot be forced to do something because we are volunteers" is something I personally dislike in this debate. :)

Here, Im going to help you... IKR! Me help YOU.
Here is the victory over the "volunteer argument".
"You don't like it? Quit."

That simple. Volunteer or not, that is not an excuse.
*curtsies* Thank you. Simple but effective. Of course, telling people to quit never was my style.. :-D
But the point you make is a good one, and one I have hinted at as well. Staff represents Kingdomgames, flies the flag of the team, so should behave in a representative fashion (whether you like KG - or your fellow staffers - or not is immaterial). I think we agree, Hazard. Who'd have thought. 8-[

George Hazard wrote:
Juliette wrote:In general, I think Haz understands your point, but he likes to argue. :P
And that in of itself is a major problem that needs to be corrected.
We are all 'works in progress'. :) Keeps us on our toes. Or on our knees.
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
George Hazard wrote:
Juliette wrote:In general, I think Haz understands your point, but he likes to argue. :P
And that in of itself is a major problem that needs to be corrected.
We are all 'works in progress'. :) Keeps us on our toes. Or on our knees.

to be a work in progress, he needs to be making progress.
Something I have yet to see in regards to this particular character flaw.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

ergghhhh !!!

just read that forum SS, Z is a complete douche and haz just bends rules to suit himself , and has pretty much patted himself on the back for blowing admin J and ending up on the right side, when the fallout happend between you all :smt078
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Guild wrote:ergghhhh !!!

just read that forum SS, Z is a complete douche and haz just bends rules to suit himself

How can I bend rules to suit myself, if I'm not the one modding? I'm subjected to the same rules as everyone else. Just like every other user.

Juliette wrote:In general, I think Haz understands your point, but he likes to argue.

I partly understand his point, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Also I don't like to argue, so please don't imply that.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
SuperSaiyan
Persistent spambot
Race: Yankee
ID: 0
Alternate name(s): Lt. Frank Drebin

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:
Juliette wrote:In general, I think Haz understands your point, but he likes to argue.

I partly understand his point, but that doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Also I don't like to argue, so please don't imply that.

You literally just argued everything she said.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Haz wrote:

just read that forum SS, Z is a complete douche and haz just bends rules to suit himself

How can I bend rules to suit myself, if I'm not the one modding? I'm subjected to the same rules as everyone else. Just like every other user.

because ive read, you citing rules in one case then in another saying "well there has always been leniency..."

who are you to pick and choose which rules you follow and which you apply leniencey
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Guild wrote:
Haz wrote:

because ive read, you citing rules in one case then in another saying "well there has always been leniency..."

who are you to pick and choose which rules you follow and which you apply leniencey

I've used the word leniency once according to a quick search, back in November 2011 (when I was a mod). Leniency can apply when modding. A mod can't mod themselves. If another mod decides on a mod action against me, it is not my decision to apply any leniency, it is theirs.

And as I don't really mod anymore, how can I be applying leniency. As mentioned, subjected to the same rules, just like every other user.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”