Haz - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

Re: Haz - Feedback

*shakes head*
*wanders off*
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Jedi~Tank wrote:
Zeratul wrote:so you enjoy having 2-week breaks from the forums?

Sure, it would be healthy.

yea lol, gets away from most of the bull **Filtered** posted on the forums :smt043

:smt025
ƒëmmë ƒatalë
Fragment o' Forum
Race: SL temptress
ID: 38112
Alternate name(s): cleo_catra
temptress
seraphim

I don't think Haz is suited to mod the section he does, he is too rigid would be better suited to market..

Haz, loosen up a little.. make the forum a place ppl want to visit and interact with each other and not fear if they will get a warning for spamming every time they post..

I direct you to this viewtopic.php?f=101&t=183768 :)
When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won.
There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall.
Think of it--always
Mahatma Gandhi
sixty five kills on Ascended ;)
The Forum Rules
Mods and their sections
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

:smt023
I think he is perfectly suited to mod the section he does... He warns where it is due and does a lot of cleaning... Sometimes a bit too much.
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

ƒëmmë ƒatalë wrote:I don't think Haz is suited to mod the section he does, he is too rigid would be better suited to market..

Haz, loosen up a little.. make the forum a place ppl want to visit and interact with each other and not fear if they will get a warning for spamming every time they post..

I direct you to this viewtopic.php?f=101&t=183768 :)

The purpose of the forums is to build a community of people who interact with one another, and that involves sometimes making spam posts which are just meant to be fun and create an atmosphere here that everyone can enjoy. Spam or off-topic posts can be made in a thread as long as the original topic of the thread remains, and it is returned to in a reasonable amount of posts. Every post made does not have to be exactly on topic, feel free to stray a little bit and just chat it up. The freedom to come here and have fun, and not worry about if your post is okay and on topic or not is one that is important.

If a Mod posts and requests that the spam/off-topic posts stop though, the leniency no longer applies. At that point you should be more careful about being on topic.

The above is most often the case with threads I mod (the GC and such, where users have been warned in-topic multiple times). I try to be lenient occasionally but if I am too lenient, threads can go too far off topic. Not to mention the calls of bias when I am lenient and it tends to be in favour of a certain alliance (I've had a few accuse me of this). However, if I catch myself "over-modding" I will change what I am doing. :)
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Warned me for spam, for asking for spam to be removed from my own thread...... :-k

ALL I NEED TO SAY. LULZ ](*,)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:Warned me for spam, for asking for spam to be removed from my own thread...... :-k

That looks like it was a verbal, not an official warning. But still, a bit harsh.
Image ImageImageImage
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:Warned me for spam, for asking for spam to be removed from my own thread...... :-k

You're supposed to report posts that are spam... asking Mods openly in the topic to remove spam only creates more spam by driving the thread off topic.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:

You're supposed to report posts that are spam... asking Mods openly in the topic to remove spam only creates more spam by driving the thread off topic.

You made my response for me :D
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

IT WAS REPORTED, AND I RECIEVED NO NOTIFICATIONS IT WAS DEALT WITH. ONLY MY WARNING. YOU ARE FUNNY HAZ. I HAD TO PRY THE DAMN NOTIFICATIONS OUT OF YA, ON SAME THREAD WHERE I REPORTED NAMECALLING, RUDY CALLED ME A "tard" which is offensive to people with special needs kids(myself included), and RUDY was fine, I WAS OUT OF LINE goin last resort and asking a mod to please clean this.....

HAZ mysteriously found the posts i wanted reported when they were dealt with (after i asked to see what was done to the offenders), and told me Rudy can post what he wants.....huh?

HAZ is most biased to me, and sounded a little threatening at me in the warning. Something along the lines of "how dare you call me by name to clean a thread".....buddy if that is how you mod, then i feel for the GC.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

IT WAS REPORTED, AND I RECIEVED NO NOTIFICATIONS IT WAS DEALT WITH. ONLY MY WARNING. YOU ARE FUNNY HAZ. I HAD TO PRY THE DAMN NOTIFICATIONS OUT OF YA, ON SAME THREAD WHERE I REPORTED NAMECALLING, RUDY CALLED ME A "tard" which is offensive to people with special needs kids(myself included), and RUDY was fine, I WAS OUT OF LINE goin last resort and asking a mod to please clean this.....

HAZ mysteriously found the posts i wanted reported when they were dealt with (after i asked to see what was done to the offenders), and told me Rudy can post what he wants.....huh?

HAZ is most biased to me, and sounded a little threatening at me in the warning. Something along the lines of "how dare you call me by name to clean a thread".....buddy if that is how you mod, then i feel for the GC.
Just because you report a post doesn't mean you will receive any notification that it the report was closed and something was done (or not done). I myself never contact the user who reports the post when I close them, and I think most Mods are like that as well.. some do, but just because they can.

You also have no right to ask what was done to other people whose posts you report, that, no Mods should be telling you about... it's between the Staff and them.

If you see a post that is breaking the rules you have 2 choices:
1) Report the post
2) Send a PM to a Mod in that Section or the Global Mod of that Section

You should not be posting about it in the topic, as that is spam.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Empy wrote:
Dexter Morgan™ wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

Just because you report a post doesn't mean you will receive any notification that it the report was closed and something was done (or not done). I myself never contact the user who reports the post when I close them, and I think most Mods are like that as well.. some do, but just because they can.

You also have no right to ask what was done to other people whose posts you report, that, no Mods should be telling you about... it's between the Staff and them.

If you see a post that is breaking the rules you have 2 choices:
1) Report the post
2) Send a PM to a Mod in that Section or the Global Mod of that Section

You should not be posting about it in the topic, as that is spam.

So I should follow the forum guidelines, but mods don't? Notify me when complaint has been handled SHOULD NOT BE AN OPTION IF NO MODS USE IT.

And I can ask anyone anything I want in a pm, especially a threatening one. I have NO RIGHT to ask sumthing that is an option in the damn reports? Man you just can't ever get over yourselves even for 2 seconds to say, ya know what dex, ur right. Maybe you got a point. Nawh, i forget im dealing with people who have had power trips since they were 12 and are now 17 or whatever.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Firstly, Dexter Morgan™, please calm down.

Now, the notification of a report option is there because if the user making the report selects yes then the user in question should receive an automatic email informing them when the report has been closed and by which moderator. That is it's sole purpose. No moderator is obliged to say what was done about it. Although some moderators, myself included often do thank the user for reportimng the posts and sometimes state what the outcome was.

Also, for Haz, a wise man once said to me when warning someone, try to keep any personality out of it and just state the rule that was broken. Any personality placed in a warning can be used against you. That wise man was Lore.
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:
Haz wrote:
Empy wrote:

IT WAS REPORTED, AND I RECIEVED NO NOTIFICATIONS IT WAS DEALT WITH.

The check box sends an automated message once the report is closed. We recieve nothing telling us "this user wishes to recieve notification once this report is closed". It all happens without any intervention from mods.

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:ONLY MY WARNING. YOU ARE FUNNY HAZ. I HAD TO PRY THE DAMN NOTIFICATIONS OUT OF YA, ON SAME THREAD WHERE I REPORTED NAMECALLING, RUDY CALLED ME A "tard" which is offensive to people with special needs kids(myself included), and RUDY was fine, I WAS OUT OF LINE goin last resort and asking a mod to please clean this.....

As I told you in PM, Rudy is allowed to post in any thread as long as it is on topic. On top of that, I also told you Rudy was verballed, just like others in the thread.

Asking a mod to clean it from within a thread, is spam. Thats what the report function is for.

Dexter Morgan™ wrote:HAZ is most biased to me, and sounded a little threatening at me in the warning. Something along the lines of "how dare you call me by name to clean a thread".....buddy if that is how you mod, then i feel for the GC.

PM to Dex wrote:Also, I am not the only General Mod on the forums, and I am not always here. Please refrain from specifically calling me out.

This was all I sent to you. No threats at all. I asked you not to specifically call me out as a mod to clean the thread. I accidentally sent that to you in blue text, implying it was a moderator instruction, but I assure you it wasn't. It was a request. I'm sorry for the confusion for that.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

Very good mod. ;)

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”