Empy - Feedback

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Amar
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Pond
Race: Asuran
ID: 58

Re: Empy - Feedback

Empy seems like he's supposed to be the guy in charge, or at least he's the only green I've noticed in the last couple of days. Not sayign the others arent there, just ain't been around. Anyways, Empy is the big dog, and the mods seem intent on creating their own personal threads to get flamed, so I'll post what I think here, although it directly violates one of the points I am about to make.

But I think with my past experience, both as a terrible troll and a forum admin, coupled with my very recent return, that I have a more objective view then tank or many others. This is coming from how I remember the forums compared to how they are now.

Think of a moderator position as management in a store... u might understand my points better.

1) Empy in particular: I was banned my first day back. Reasonable? Yes. I spammed hard. It was fun. Good Job. BUT... i should not have logged in to a board warning after being issued one before the ban, stopped spamming, got banned anyways.. then another warning.

2 warnings and a ban for one action from the same mod. Bad Management.

2) Get rid of these public feedback threads.
-They Encourage Flaming. The majority of people who have anything to say in such a thread will be people you have modded. This is the internet(anonymity) and people are going to be douchebags if they don't like you modding them. Bad
-
-It is unprofessional to handle the squabbles that users have in a public setting. Obviously, the intent behind these feedback threads is more about what a mod needs to do in order for the playerbase to like them. You're the mod. Enforce the rules and stop caring if the people who break them don't wanna be your friend.
-Mods posting in other mods feedback saying "Good Mod, Fair Guy" is totally and utterly pointless.
If I walked into wal-mart and one of my co-workers says the new boss is a douchebag while one of my managers says he's a great manager, who you think I'm gonna listen to? It doesn't matter what is true, it makes no difference how many other mods say ur a good guy.
-
-
-3) You do NOT EVER, NEVER NEVER ask a user to call out one of your team in public like you just did. Why not? Why in the world would you? If admin placed you in charge, then YOU need to make the judgement BEHIND THE SCENES! Telling tank to come up with certain examples of why such and such mod is bad at his job is both lazy and irresponsible, not to mention inflammatory. If he starts ragging on one of your mods in public, not only do you have to deal with him and the mod in question, but now you have all the other munchkins running around throwing their **Filtered** on top.
-It should not even be necessary. Why? Because as a lead mod, YOU should be doing regular reviews of your team. Evaluate people yourself.

4) I've already noticed mods spamming WHILE warning users to stop spamming. I absolutely will not name names. You made a feedback thread, here's your feedback. If you are in charge, and your team is performing poorly, it is YOUR FAULT. It's called accountability. We all have it, some more than others. The greens have the most. Currently, I'm a simple user. I'll run around all day dropping penis' into posts and if I get banned, well I'm accountable for my actions. The mods directly above me are accountable for their actions AND my actions. You are accountable for your mods. Therefore, from now on, anything that is amiss in the world is your problem to deal with. YOU MAKE SURE it gets handled.

5) ARGUING WITH USERS...... really? Is this even necessary to discuss... you shouldn't do it. It undermines your authority and causes your users to lose respect for you. Respect is the key. Who gives a flying **Filtered** if they like you so long as they respect you (good life lesson too)

6) Allowing 1 mod to take a shot at another mod of the same or higher level should never happen but ive seen it twice off the top of my head.

7) I've been here what? 3 days... was banned for one of them... and I have this much already. I guess I could add to this list as I see things come. And please don't think that just because you banned me for a day that I'm out to get you. I couldn't care less, I woulda banned me to. And I'm not saying that the forum needs to go back to the uber strict bs like it used to be, but damn, pull the reign in on your mod team... thurr out thurr having hot orgy sex all over your dignity.

I really really did not want to put this out here for everyone to see because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure you are trying, but damn you just made it so easy. Were you trained to be a forum moderator or was it just that you were the most active when it came time to promote someone?
Last edited by Empy on Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: ~Empy
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
R D Anderson wrote:SS face should be deleted and thrown at this topic
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Amar wrote:1) Empy in particular: I was banned my first day back. Reasonable? Yes. I spammed hard. It was fun. Good Job. BUT... i should not have logged in to a board warning after being issued one before the ban, stopped spamming, got banned anyways.. then another warning.

2 warnings and a ban for one action from the same mod. Bad Management.
You were given 1 verbal warning to stop spamming. You then continued to do so, so I gave you a board warning. Based on the fact that it was a deliberate rule violation by a group of players, I chose to give a temporary ban to all players who where deliberately breaking board rules despite being told to stop for 1 day.

Amar wrote:2) Get rid of these public feedback threads.
-They Encourage Flaming. The majority of people who have anything to say in such a thread will be people you have modded. This is the internet(anonymity) and people are going to be douchebags if they don't like you modding them. Bad.
-It is unprofessional to handle the squabbles that users have in a public setting. Obviously, the intent behind these feedback threads is more about what a mod needs to do in order for the playerbase to like them. You're the mod. Enforce the rules and stop caring if the people who break them don't wanna be your friend.
-Mods posting in other mods feedback saying "Good Mod, Fair Guy" is totally and utterly pointless.
If I walked into wal-mart and one of my co-workers says the new boss is a douchebag while one of my managers says he's a great manager, who you think I'm gonna listen to? It doesn't matter what is true, it makes no difference how many other mods say ur a good guy.
The point of the feedback topics is for users to actually talk to Mods who they feel is doing a bad job. In the past, generalized topics complaining about non-specific things that non-specific Mods do all the time. With these topics users are more likely to actually talk to a mod about a problem. With the being public more than one user can feel free to chime in on the discussion if they have noticed a similar fault with a Mod.

All Mods should be able to handle being flamed pretty well, and not react badly to it. It's part of the job, and so isn't a factor.

Amar wrote:-3) You do NOT EVER, NEVER NEVER ask a user to call out one of your team in public like you just did. Why not? Why in the world would you? If admin placed you in charge, then YOU need to make the judgement BEHIND THE SCENES! Telling tank to come up with certain examples of why such and such mod is bad at his job is both lazy and irresponsible, not to mention inflammatory. If he starts ragging on one of your mods in public, not only do you have to deal with him and the mod in question, but now you have all the other munchkins running around throwing their **Filtered** on top.
-It should not even be necessary. Why? Because as a lead mod, YOU should be doing regular reviews of your team. Evaluate people yourself.
He was talking about me, I didn't ask about any other Mod. It does not have to be done behind the scenes though, it doesn't make us unprofessional to have people be able to talk to us about any problems they have with us so we can come to a solution about the problem.

Jedi~Tank clearly has a problem with the Global Mods, of which I am one. I would like to know specifically what it is and what I can do to solve the problem for him. If he doesn't want to come to a solution but just wants to keep complaining then I'll just sit here until he decides he wants to help solve it, if ever.

Amar wrote:4) I've already noticed mods spamming WHILE warning users to stop spamming. I absolutely will not name names. You made a feedback thread, here's your feedback. If you are in charge, and your team is performing poorly, it is YOUR FAULT. It's called accountability. We all have it, some more than others. The greens have the most. Currently, I'm a simple user. I'll run around all day dropping penis' into posts and if I get banned, well I'm accountable for my actions. The mods directly above me are accountable for their actions AND my actions. You are accountable for your mods. Therefore, from now on, anything that is amiss in the world is your problem to deal with. YOU MAKE SURE it gets handled.
If you're absolutely not going to name names, then there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. I simply don't have the time to read every post a Mod in my Section makes and make sure they're not Modding and spamming at the same time. If you want to help, then you can show me who/when/where it was, and I can evaluate the situation and act accordingly. I cannot take your word for the fact that they were doing something wrong, because I don't know if that is the case (we can disagree).

I will address the possibility that a Mod was not being completely robot-like about how the moderated. Sometimes being friendly and chatting with someone about what they're doing wrong can be just as effective as being stern and authoritative. Especially if the person you're dealing with doesn't like being told what to do, or gets angered easily.

Amar wrote:5) ARGUING WITH USERS...... really? Is this even necessary to discuss... you shouldn't do it. It undermines your authority and causes your users to lose respect for you. Respect is the key. Who gives a flying **Filtered** if they like you so long as they respect you (good life lesson too)
We're not the police of the forums. That analogy has its uses but not in this instance. We're here to make the forums a better place for everyone, and if the users feel we're not doing a good job of that they can discuss with us why. You used the word argue, but it's the same thing. They can suggest things, and we can talk about it with them, but that doesn't we're just going to come to an agreement with them on everything. We make the decisions, and if we don't want to change something or know what we're doing is right..... then we're not going to change even if some users think we should.

Amar wrote:6) Allowing 1 mod to take a shot at another mod of the same or higher level should never happen but ive seen it twice off the top of my head.
I can't respond without knowing what you mean by "take a shot" in this context.

Amar wrote:7) I've been here what? 3 days... was banned for one of them... and I have this much already. I guess I could add to this list as I see things come. And please don't think that just because you banned me for a day that I'm out to get you. I couldn't care less, I woulda banned me to. And I'm not saying that the forum needs to go back to the uber strict bs like it used to be, but damn, pull the reign in on your mod team... thurr out thurr having hot orgy sex all over your dignity.

I really really did not want to put this out here for everyone to see because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and I'm sure you are trying, but damn you just made it so easy. Were you trained to be a forum moderator or was it just that you were the most active when it came time to promote someone?
Thank you for the feedback, and I await your response so I can see what I have to improve or, or so I can see what I need to do to make things better. I don't necessarily agree with all of your statements/observations though.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Loki™
Forum Elder
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: System Lord
ID: 41339
Alternate name(s): Lloth, Sargonnas, D4ywalk3r

Jedi~Tank wrote:I will relay this same message to all the greens as I believe it applies to you all...I think you should be removed, step down, replaced..whatever but outta here for your part in allowing this forum to degenerate to the dead level it has become. You do nothing to promote activity, promote the game and get a kick out of **Filtered** that goes on here.

Tbh all the idiotic trolls are what has ruined it. The only mod that has actively taken part in that is roket.
Spoiler

And Loki saw every thing that he had farmed, and, behold, it was very good.
Spoiler
George Hazard says:
thats what happens, HVE takes your soul and gives you an awesome high
when you leave, you can't live without it
ImageImage

The forces of Loki™ rush in full force, and inflict 1,086,054,534,340,000 damage on Pooop's forces!
It was confirmed that 12,620,737 of Pooop's forces fell at the hands of Loki™'s assult.

The forces of Pooop fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 481,837,854,506,000 damage on Loki™'s forces!
They managed to eradicate 1,988,050 of Loki™'s troops.
Legendary Apophis
Forum History
Alliance: Generations
Race: System Lord
ID: 7889
Alternate name(s): Apophis the Great

Gothmog wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:I will relay this same message to all the greens as I believe it applies to you all...I think you should be removed, step down, replaced..whatever but outta here for your part in allowing this forum to degenerate to the dead level it has become. You do nothing to promote activity, promote the game and get a kick out of **Filtered** that goes on here.

Tbh all the idiotic trolls are what has ruined it.

Indeed. I don't think any of the current GMs (that includes Empy) can be considered guilty (most of current blue mods aren't either). I'm not saying they are perfect, but if we are to look for the % of guiltyness, current mods don't have the majority of fault in this.
Spoiler

Incarnate - LG - LG1 - LG2 - LG3 - LG4 - AG - EAG ~ AGoL - Completed
Spoiler
<Dmonix> Damnit Jim how come every conversation with you always ends up discussing something deep and meaningful?
<Dmonix> We always end up discussing male/female differences or politics or football
<Dmonix> All the really important issues in life
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Doing a good job at reading reports and acting on them according to the rules of the forum.

Keep up the good work mate!!!
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Rudy Pena wrote:Doing a good job at reading reports and acting on them according to the rules of the forum.

Thanks.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Empy wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:Doing a good job at reading reports and acting on them according to the rules of the forum.

Thanks.

You're welcome. :smt060
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict
ID: 0

looks like you got yourself a bumlick but yeah you seem to be keeping to ya word ill give ya that
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie
ID: 0

The tard banned me..so he's cool I guess :-"

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”