Clarkey

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Clarkey

Well... I haven’t been about for the past 2 weeks and suddenly I see all these feedback threads. I don’t know what started it all off or whether we’ve actually been told to create them and I haven’t seen that instruction, either way I don’t need or want to know what brought this on.

I tossed between creating a thread and not, because I fear it will do more harm than good, but I thought I’d try and prove that wrong in the hope it will do some good, for all involved.

Please click spoiler to read more or skip to go straight to feedback.
[spoiler]I am already aware there’s a number of groups of people with different opinions about me, those that dislike me and feel I shouldn’t be here, those that are happy with me and those that don’t care either way. But I’d like to know what people’s thoughts are about me as a Moderator now. If people are to judge me based on my history then fair enough as it is a part of what makes (or made) me, but I urge you to also take in to consideration my present.

Please remember that at present I moderate the For Admin section only, and BMMJ13 is my Global Moderator Section Head. I do not and cannot moderator outside of that section. To start this off I am going to list a few points that I am already aware of regarding my actions as a moderator.

1) I can be very rude and abrupt. This has been witnessed a lot over the past months and it has even been aimed towards those I have always had good friendship with, to name but a few Jedi Tank and Mezzanine. I am addressing this issue and making attempts to change my rudeness towards members of the community.

2) I jump in on complaints against Moderators too easily and too often and recognise that I should take more of a back seat and let the correct chain of command (or process) deal with any complaints. I do recognise that sometimes when I step in to complaints that my responses only add fuel to the fire rather than assist the problem.

3) I do recognise that I sometimes over mod a bit when it comes to off-topic posts in the For Admin section, particularly in the Suggestions section. I have always been heavy with spam in the Suggestions section because this is the place to develop the game and threads need to be easy to understand. However, I am also relaxing my over-modding in this area.

I am sure there is more but these are the main one’s I am aware of and already paying attention to.

When the community provide their feedback I would like to urge that Moderators and Users do not argue a case for me. I have seen in other feedback threads where Moderators are defending feedback comments by users to other Moderators. I don’t want this. I’d like Users and Moderators feedback of me and for me to provide my personal responses. I don’t want this becoming one big argument as we all deserve to say what we think but responses should really only come from me.[/spoiler]

Also as I said I haven’t been around for the past 2 weeks and I won’t be around for next week either, but I’m here for the weekend so will try and respond then, otherwise it will have to wait until next weekend.

Please post your feedback and please keep it clean.

Clarkey
Last edited by Clarkey on Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image ImageImageImage
Dubby_CompGamerGeek2
Forum Addict
Alliance: TÅTS / TÅF
Race: Magnificent
ID: 83588
Alternate name(s): >> Skype: IrishHighlanders <<
Dublin Warrior, Dubby, Dubs, DW, CGG, DCGG2.
Paul, Paulie Boy!, Paulie, PAULIE!!!, PAULIE BOY!!!, Paul James, etc.

Re: Clarkey

I have not noticed any of your listed faults recently,

but it's always a step in the right direction when you have.

I have noticed a couple of similar issues in myself towards some people in my offline life,
and I know that it can be painful to realize that we have not been doing our part in
taking care of the relationships that matter. :)

Best of luck on your journey.
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

babe
Rocky
Tollan
Alliance: The Legion
Race: Italian Stallion

i approve of your avatar
TL vs mH
ImageImage
TL vs DDE
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
TL vs mH + DDE
ImageImageImageImage
Ĕɱƿŷ
Hannah Montana Groupie
Alliance: Dead
ID: 911
Alternate name(s): Huxley

I read absolutely none of your initial post, however with that being said you are a good mod of your section. Despite it being a small section and not requiring much work you actually do a good job at it.
Made by Noobert for his Official BFF. (it's true!)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:I read absolutely none of your initial post, however with that being said you are a good mod of your section. Despite it being a small section and not requiring much work you actually do a good job at it.
Yes i did write a tad bit too much! Thanks for your feedback.
Image ImageImageImage
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Your modding is good in my opinion.

(Yes, I do know the actual meaning of the image)
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

once again

[spoiler]babe[/spoiler]
jedi~tank
Forum Zombie

A very controversial figure in this forum...which is not always a bad thing..Clarkey can be.......well a little too much at times BUT, in my years of being around this game he has proven to be one of the best at actually modding. I do respect the fact he chooses to advance through adversity.

"What I want to see is a tight knit group not a collection of people pulling in different directions"
Deni
~Kronos~
Forum Elite
Alliance: None for now
Race: God of Time
ID: 70003

He's a good mod :razz:

A bit brutally honest at times, but meh, it's always entertaining and he's got good intentions :D

Add Me On Google Plus \:D/
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Jedi~Tank wrote:A very controversial figure in this forum...which is not always a bad thing..Clarkey can be.......well a little too much at times BUT, in my years of being around this game he has proven to be one of the best at actually modding. I do respect the fact he chooses to advance through adversity.
This sums up what I think about Clarkey pretty well. I would add that he's an all-round stand-up guy, with a clear vision for his section and modding in general.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Thanks for the feedback so far everyone. It's good to see this idea working so far.

And i've never been called babe before... I don't recall anyway. :)

Eärendil wrote:A decision I'm glad we made most of the time.
This means there's room for improvement, which I always see as a good thing. :-)
Image ImageImageImage
RoKeT
Forum Zombie
Race: The King Jaffa

Wolve, Clarkey is my babe don't make me get my sig out again Clarkster would love it :)
Ex Mod
Looking for an Account?
Spoiler
I can find you one...
21 Accounts sold to Date
Spoiler
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Thanks RoKeT, but let's not get that sig out again. [-X

My doors still open, so if i'm doing wrong feel free to come in and do this to me >>> :smt021
Image ImageImageImage
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

Clarkey is a good moderator of these boards and a reliably sane person if not sometimes a little too blunt. That's just how you perceive the old mucker though. On a bad day I want to throttle him, on good days I enjoy watching others getting their knickers in a twist because of him but on normal days he does his job with the level of efficacy that allows him to go unnoticed (which is a positive for someone in his position).

All in all, decent fella, a decent mod but sadly not my 'babe'. ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”