Clarkey

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Re: Clarkey

Clarkey wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
Clarkey wrote:
Jedi~Tank wrote:You do it in a different way, you are one of those **Filtered** types that collects messages and then uses those as a springboard to spout off. You and a few others suk and shouldn't be mods ;)
If you could please stick to my actions as a moderator thank you and not me as a person.

He kinda has a point. While the last time you held a position, that is what you did. But since then you have became a better mod. :-)
Thanks, I made promises not only to myself but the community to improve myself.

You're welcome and you have....but in certain areas you still need to improve a bit more than others.
Improvement never happens over night, but i'll get there in the end. I do think though that my current improvement has shown itself to the community, as you have already shown that in here.

That is true, Yes you will. :D I think for the most part it has shown.
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

I appreciate that you look for feedback, that alone shows a measure of willingness to better themselves that many never achieve. I can also appreciate how difficult it must be to show restraint when under the continual barrage of people you have dealt with in the past (i.e. say like a JediTank... HAHAHA). It is hard to surgically remove your emotions and a need/desire to protect your eCommunity reputation and standing, when under certain conditions over and over. (I can't do it... Kudo's to any who can!)All that said, I wish that you could work on this, and find the complete inner Peace of removal of any ego/emotion from your Modding duties. My example would be the less than spectacular parting shot you took at femme/papa in the Nominations process. I believe (in my old man opinion) that this was not a positive step in your growth process!

Here is a few thoughts, from an old man:
1. Many of us who know the situation, know that WHAT you said had merit.
2. Many may also say that they deserved it.
3. Many could also surmise that it needed to be said.
4. Fewer yet would think of even wasting time to chastise it for being said.
5. Hopefully many would also agree that anyone could have said it.
6. Less may agree with Affy, that anyone in a Mod position should have avoided being the first one to say it or point it out.

I enjoy a Forums with you in it, and I am thankful that you desire to grow as a Mod. I am just hopeful that you may also in a small way see where this sort of 'potshot' type of reply is NOT the way to achieve what you seek!
(It only potentially feuls the Clarkey naysayers...)

Keep up the good fight, Affy is a fan who wishes you to find your superior Peace as a Mod!

Happy Holidays,
Old Man Affy
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Thank you Affy for your feedback.

Affirmation wrote:I wish that you could work on this, and find the complete inner Peace of removal of any ego/emotion from your Modding duties. My example would be the less than spectacular parting shot you took at femme/papa in the Nominations process.
In regards to this point, firstly I'll say it wasn't the best of my decisions that i've made. I do however feel that what I said had merit especially for something important like the Ombudsman elections, however, I agree it wasn't best placed in the thread and could have been handled much better and more professionally.

However, having said that, you would like me to remove any ego/emotion from my modding duties. My interest in the Ombudsman elections is as a person and not a Mod. When posting in the campaign threads I was posting as myself and was not doing any modding duties. My modding duties at this current time confine me to the For Admin section. I have a personal interest in the Ombudsman elections which sadly not many do this time round.

Therefore I feel that you are asking me to remove any ego/emotion from myself completely in all my posts while my existence continues on this forum. If that is the case I might as well call myself by the name of Spock.

I do feel that whilst carrying out my actual modding duties my ego is inline and my emotions are minimal. Some may disagree, but that is how I see it is.

But again, thank you for your feedback.
Image ImageImageImage
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I think the Clarkey haters should take it easy...

I've been around these forums for 4 years and I've seen a lot of things from you that really drove me nuts or pissed me off. I find that since his new mod position he has mellowed out a fair bit since how he was. Maybe others see it differently, but I certainly see great improvement. As a moderator I think you are a fantastic moderator. Extremely active, fair (though I'm sure some will argue here.. lol) and always contributing in moderator discussions.

Good Job, Clarkey.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

If anyone here has reason to hate Clarkey, it is I. More so than anyone else. Yet, I do not hate Clarkey. I do not even dislike Clarkey.

Grudges are a waste of time, and I've not yet seen Clarkey do anything, since he became a mod again, that is deserving of hate. His comments in the Oms thread may not have been the most tactful ever, but they certainly aren't that bad either. I saw no ego, maybe a bit of emotion. But no one can completely separate themselves from their emotions. Not even I, much to my dismay.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
Affirmation
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: The Magnificents
Race: Ancient
ID: 42530
Alternate name(s): Affy 'Bad Affy' or just Crazy Old Man Affy

Clarkey wrote:Thank you Affy for your feedback.

However, having said that, you would like me to remove any ego/emotion from my modding duties. My interest in the Ombudsman elections is as a person and not a Mod. When posting in the campaign threads I was posting as myself and was not doing any modding duties. My modding duties at this current time confine me to the For Admin section. I have a personal interest in the Ombudsman elections which sadly not many do this time round.

Therefore I feel that you are asking me to remove any ego/emotion from myself completely in all my posts while my existence continues on this forum. If that is the case I might as well call myself by the name of Spock.

I do feel that whilst carrying out my actual modding duties my ego is inline and my emotions are minimal. Some may disagree, but that is how I see it is.

But again, thank you for your feedback.

Thats cool, I had thought about it after I had posted that I was most likely holding you up to an unfair higher ideal, and you do have every right to post about the Ombuds. You are right that the interest for this was not there, and that is a shameful apathy at best and even apparent in the Papa/femme tardiness to get moving so that fact that you are involved means you showed more gumption than many! HAHA

I think the spirit of what I was trying to relay still holds as what I wanted to mention, and I believe you see it. I for one, cannot judge because I can't keep my ego/emotions out of it, but, I guess I can recognize it enough to throw it out there for thought. I don't have the courage to place myself in a position, not especially ask for feedback on my behavior. And I think that says it all for my respect for you and those who do!

Cheers,
Crazy Split Personality Affy

'Bad Affy' sez... I am not getting into this at all! [-(
What Happened to my Siggy????

Damn it Bernie!!

Affy? or 'Bad Affy'...:
Spoiler
What in the H E double LL happened to the Siggy's???
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Affirmation wrote:Crazy Split Personality Affy

'Bad Affy' sez... I am not getting into this at all! [-(

Thief!
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
~wolverine~
Forum Addict

babe
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Thanks you guys. :)

To all those that have left positive feedback, Merry Christmas!
To all those that haven't left feedback at all, Merry Christmas!
To all those that have left negative feedback, let's hope I can turn that around in 2012, and Merry Christmas!
Image ImageImageImage
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Thought we'd play a game, well not a game, but... just read!

Some people don't like the way I talk to users or the way I behave etc and this doesn't make me feel good. I don't want to be responsible for people's unpleasantness on these forums. So, I ask you to post in here one thing, just one thing that you'd like me to improve and I'll see what I can do to accomodate it. if the thread remains empty then i must be perfect..... jk
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Honestly? Your spelling. It is the worst thing I can think of.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

T-X wrote:Honestly? Your spelling. It is the worst thing I can think of.
It must be the worst thing then as no-one else posted anything. lol. My apologies for how badly my last post was put together, it completely changed the intended outcome of what I meant. I meant I don't want to be the cause of any unhappiness. :-D
Image ImageImageImage
Psyko
The Irresistible

Well, I didn't see your previous post, but I'll give my opinion. I'm sure you know it by now anyway.

The one thing that I would like to see different in your posts is in how you communicate what is on your mind. Simply put, you're abrasive. Your responses to threads and posts whether you are posting as a mod or user are too blunt to be considered...helpful(?). I will say this happens less frequently now than it did months ago.

It's like...supplying constructive criticism without showing/displaying anything constructive about your comments, as if you're there to critique without wanting to help. If that makes any sense. I've noticed replies in threads where you make sharp dismissive remarks about the poster or topic if you find it to be pointless or...lacking in some way.

This includes, but is not exclusive to, the Ombs area of the forum (though not just during the current Ombs reign). You will give your opinion on the case and why the punishment may be deserved, but instead of stating facts and leaving it there your posts tend to go a step further and take it to a personal level with the user (while not necessarily being directly personal in nature). It puts the other person on the defensive and can cause more drama than intended.

You have a long history on this forum, and I know there are long histories with certain users which can lead to heated debates/remarks back and forth. Those things are understandable. My biggest concern with the abrasive tone of your posts is that you burn any bridges with other users before they can even be built. Which I suppose is fine if that's how you want to be; I just don't feel like it is an attitude a member of the staff should exude on a consistent basis (acting as a Mod or not).

I'm not saying any of this to be critical or high and mighty. Tone is something I have had to work on for years now, online and in real life. I know how people can be offended by a comment I meant innocently, and I constantly suffer from FIMS (Foot in Mouth Syndrome). :-$

My long-winded, rambling point is this: sometimes taking a second look at a post before hitting Submit wouldn't hurt.
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

@Psyko, thank you for your constructive comments and observations of my behaviour.

This is one area I have been trying to work on recently. My response to 00RA00's thread in the Ombudsman section I hope is evidence of my progress on this matter and that it is a taste of what is to come from me. I acknowledge that a month or so ago my response to such a thread would have not been so well written or constructive and may have caused unnecessary issues and possibly prompted 00RA00 to respond inappropriately. As it turns out this time it did not create such a scene and I'd like to think my response had some input into that.
Image ImageImageImage
Psyko
The Irresistible

Clarkey wrote:@Psyko, thank you for your constructive comments and observations of my behaviour.

This is one area I have been trying to work on recently. My response to 00RA00's thread in the Ombudsman section I hope is evidence of my progress on this matter and that it is a taste of what is to come from me. I acknowledge that a month or so ago my response to such a thread would have not been so well written or constructive and may have caused unnecessary issues and possibly prompted 00RA00 to respond inappropriately. As it turns out this time it did not create such a scene and I'd like to think my response had some input into that.

I agree 100% :-)
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”