Clarkey

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
pug theblackrobe
Forum Expert
Alliance: TAF (Proud Ex Ricos)
Race: egg and spoon
ID: 1976977

Re: Clarkey

Andy! wrote:
pug theblackrobe wrote:Clarkey is an island of calm on this otherwise turbulent world we play on. Must be 3 or 4 years and ive never had a run in with him. Yes people call him blunt i call it telling it as he sees it, the nanny state has a lot to answer for !!! He has passion but isnt abusive or belittling to people ( if you feel he is belittling you, he isnt he just doesnt understand how you cant understand what hes saying :) ) Carry on Clarkey on being Clarkey, you dont need affirmation from the masses only you know if youre doing right or wrong

Clarkey wrote:*hugs Pug*

Thanks. :D

BIAS clearly they have something going on

[spoiler][/sarcasm][/spoiler]

its called respect :-"

trade feedback http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 8&t=149620

Im such a noob i have now abandoned a dual planet 3 times when i meant to merlin it

Selling ingame resources is like selling goods in real life, the buyer always pays first, the seller always receives money before letting the goods go as we aint doing hire purchase :)

Fight with honour, be polite and take no crapola. Wisdom comes with age, rashness is the folly of youth
_willie_
Forum Elite
Race: Forgotten

pug theblackrobe wrote:
Andy! wrote:
pug theblackrobe wrote:Clarkey is an island of calm on this otherwise turbulent world we play on. Must be 3 or 4 years and ive never had a run in with him. Yes people call him blunt i call it telling it as he sees it, the nanny state has a lot to answer for !!! He has passion but isnt abusive or belittling to people ( if you feel he is belittling you, he isnt he just doesnt understand how you cant understand what hes saying :) ) Carry on Clarkey on being Clarkey, you dont need affirmation from the masses only you know if youre doing right or wrong

Read the spoiler
MOD SPEAK
Clarkey
Multi Hunter
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

_willie_ wrote:
pug theblackrobe wrote:
Andy! wrote:

Read the spoiler

Oh Willie, you got me all excited when I saw your name in this thread. :(
Image ImageImageImage
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Gave me a board warning and the link in the pm was to a section I'm not authorised to view
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Andy! wrote:Gave me a board warning and the link in the pm was to a section I'm not authorised to view
Does the PM not contain what is written in the warning? been a long time i can't remember what you see in a board warning.
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Andy! wrote:Gave me a board warning and the link in the pm was to a section I'm not authorised to view

Its standard procedure to link to the post in question, regardless of where it is currently. It was moved to The Dump.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Haz wrote:

Its standard procedure to link to the post in question, regardless of where it is currently. It was moved to The Dump.
It's not standard procedure, it's automatic procedure. I know the PM automatically adds the link to the post. Not sure about whether it contains all details i put in the user notes. Jo said she can test it on me, but i don't like being used, least by girls. [-(
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Clarkey wrote:
Haz wrote:

It's not standard procedure, it's automatic procedure. I know the PM automatically adds the link to the post. Not sure about whether it contains all details i put in the user notes. Jo said she can test it on me, but i don't like being used, least by girls. [-(

The PM contains exactly what is contained in the user notes, so his PM contained the link, and the quote of what was posted, as well as the rule broken.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Ok, so everything Andy needs to know is in the board warning PM, so no confusion then.

Thanks for the feedback, I guess.
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

You two are wrong.

Unless the warning moderator includes a quote of the text he was warned for, all he will get is (in Clarkey's case);
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=128&p=2454780#p2454780 .
That is all. That link (well, the one in Andy's warning) is inaccessible for him. Imagine how empty that warning looks.

Everything else the moderator wants the user to know, needs to be added by the moderator when warning the user.
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

Cersei Lannister wrote:You two are wrong.

Unless the warning moderator includes a quote of the text he was warned for, all he will get is (in Clarkey's case);
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=128&p=2454780#p2454780 .
That is all.

Everything else the moderator wants the user to know, needs to be added by the moderator when warning the user.

Let me get this straight, I said everything I put in the usernotes is what gets put in the board warning PM, and i'm wrong about that?
Image ImageImageImage
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Everything you enter at this page does go into the PM.
mcp.php?i=warn&mode=warn_post&f=128&p=2454796

That is, when warning someone, ALL extra beyond "This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=128&p=2454780#p2454780" needs to be posted by the moderator.

The "automatically" part is wrong. It does not automatically include a quote. You need to do that yourself. (Might just have been Haz.)
Clarkey
Multi Hunter

Honours and Awards

So i was right, yay me. *gives self gold star* Ooh shiney.
Image ImageImageImage
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Cersei Lannister wrote:Everything you enter at this page does go into the PM.
mcp.php?i=warn&mode=warn_post&f=128&p=2454796

That is, when warning someone, ALL extra beyond "This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=128&p=2454780#p2454780" needs to be posted by the moderator.

The "automatically" part is wrong. It does not automatically include a quote. You need to do that yourself. (Might just have been Haz.)

I said the PM automatically includes what is in the usernotes, as the result of sending the warning :P so whatever you include in the board warning, automatically gets sent to the user in the PM.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Turns out you both are right, just not together. (There, I do have use beyond appealing warnings.) Boss said to be quiet.

So yea. Whatever you put into the warning screen in the proper page, gets put in the warning.

Apparently Andy! did not get the 'quote' part of what you both agree should be in the user notes. ;)

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”