I think the current setup is poor.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

Moderator: General - Battle/FAQ Mods

User avatar
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:00 am
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate
Location: At a concert headbanging

I think the current setup is poor.

Post by minisaiyan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am

Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...


Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

This has served us well in the past.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

Just my two cents. Make of this what you will.
Image

User avatar
Juliette
The Queen
Posts: 31786
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister
Location: Ultima Thule

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 am

Thank you for your feedback.
Image

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

SpoilerShow
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

User avatar
Thel
Forum Irregular
Posts: 390
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:53 pm
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016
Location: Ireland ;)

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Thel » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:46 am

Sounds like treason to me....
Image
Image
Image
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.

User avatar
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:00 am
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate
Location: At a concert headbanging

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by minisaiyan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 am

can't even make a serious post without it being spammed anymore :(
Image

User avatar
moses
Forum Zombie
Posts: 7243
Joined: Fri May 04, 2007 8:23 pm
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618
Location: Edmonton

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by moses » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:32 pm

minisaiyan wrote:can't even make a serious post without it being spammed anymore :(


What else would one expect from a fellow hver

and yes treason off wiff his head
Image
Image
SpoilerShow
Image
Image

User avatar
Empy
Derper
Posts: 7215
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:02 pm
Race: Eldar
Location: The other side of the fence

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Empy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 pm

minisaiyan wrote:Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...


Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

This has served us well in the past.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

Just my two cents. Make of this what you will.
I'm pretty sure the Game Reps do only have moderator permissions in the forum for the game they rep. The exception being Juliette who did apply and was accepted as a Section Mod (I think).
Image

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
SpoilerShow
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:00 am
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate
Location: At a concert headbanging

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by minisaiyan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:51 pm

So it seems, when i checked the other day, all were administrators. Presumably, when Jason moved all administators from the group, their permissions were set to what it ought to be :D
Image

User avatar
Bromas
Forum Addict
Posts: 2955
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:44 am
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Bromas » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Empy wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...


Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

This has served us well in the past.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

Just my two cents. Make of this what you will.
I'm pretty sure the Game Reps do only have moderator permissions in the forum for the game they rep. The exception being Juliette who did apply and was accepted as a Section Mod (I think).

Empy is correct, personally, I think Mods of high calibur should be allowed to mod multiple sections
Image

User avatar
Juliette
The Queen
Posts: 31786
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister
Location: Ultima Thule

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:02 pm

Empy wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.
I'm pretty sure the Game Reps do only have moderator permissions in the forum for the game they rep. The exception being Juliette who did apply and was accepted as a Section Mod (I think).
Yes. :)

There is a difference between Sol and Sarevok, and myself though. I am a Game Representative (Jason works as my server's developer), they are actual Game Developers. ;)
Image

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

SpoilerShow
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

User avatar
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Posts: 2920
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 5:00 am
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate
Location: At a concert headbanging

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by minisaiyan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:16 pm

so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P
Image

User avatar
Juliette
The Queen
Posts: 31786
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister
Location: Ultima Thule

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:25 pm

minisaiyan wrote:so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P
Heh, a little too simple, but for the forum, yes, quite regularly. :D

Concerning NewGrounds, I have access and 'direct' updates. :) I 'own' the server, as it stands.
Image

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

SpoilerShow
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:39 pm
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles
Location: USA

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Rudy Peña » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

minisaiyan wrote:so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P

Theres a phrase for that.... His **Filtered**. ;)
SpoilerShow
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Image
Image
Image
SpoilerShow
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.

User avatar
Juliette
The Queen
Posts: 31786
Joined: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:57 pm
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister
Location: Ultima Thule

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Juliette » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:31 pm

Rudy Pena wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P

Theres a phrase for that.... His **Filtered**. ;)
Hey, I did not know the filter caught 'boss'. :shock:
Image

"I do not expect an easy fight - just one I cannot lose."

"If you must break the law, do it to seize power: in all other cases observe it."

SpoilerShow
"Just as the Mother Confessor is the final arbiter of truth through her magic, she is also the final arbiter of power. The word of the Mother Confessor is law."

Juliette: Newgrounds Game Rep & Developer Contact me about Newgrounds suggestions/issues/bugs.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Forum - Unicron
Psyko - Soundwave
Haz - Shockwave
Buck - Grimlock
Dovahkiin - Starscream
Noobert - Sunstorm
Sol - Thundercracker
Sarevok - Skywarp
Legendary Apophis - Cyclonus
Clockwork - Reflector
ertyuio - Divebomb
Kikaz - Rampage

Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Posts: 4674
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:39 pm
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles
Location: USA

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by Rudy Peña » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:39 pm

Juliette wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P

Theres a phrase for that.... His **Filtered**. ;)
Hey, I did not know the filter caught 'boss'. :shock:

You know what i said. :-$
SpoilerShow
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Image
Image
Image
SpoilerShow
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.

User avatar
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Posts: 1930
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:44 am
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Post by ƒëmmë » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:16 pm

minisaiyan wrote:Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...


Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

This has served us well in the past.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

Just my two cents. Make of this what you will.


+1
but I think Jason also took the action that needed taking.. abet some of the mods that were enforcing the rules while also breaking them themselves were allowed to stay on the team. 8-[
He took gapstop action that needed doing (overdue) the downside was the loss of one of the game and forum communities best ambassador's SuperSayion..
The rot set in when the ombusperson lost their ability to enforcing findings and the final say was granted to the admins.
We need someone from outside of the game and forum in that position.
Image
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rulesShow
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
SpoilerShow
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Post Reply

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”