I think the current setup is poor.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

I think the current setup is poor.

Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...

Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

This has served us well in the past.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

Just my two cents. Make of this what you will.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: I think the current setup is poor.

Thank you for your feedback.
Thel
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Cloud Village~
ID: 1946016

Sounds like treason to me....
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Nothing is true, Everything is permitted.
War....war never changes.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

can't even make a serious post without it being spammed anymore :(
moses
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Leaf
Race: Na'vi
ID: 48618

minisaiyan wrote:can't even make a serious post without it being spammed anymore :(

What else would one expect from a fellow hver

and yes treason off wiff his head
Spoiler
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

minisaiyan wrote:Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

Basically, I would like to say that I think the current setup of the forum is poor. I dont believe that only having one admin is good for the forum yes i realise others have access to acp. Meaning no outright offence to Jason, I dont feel he is active enough to maintain the forum and game simultaneously whilst managing any other projects he may have such as his life.

Basically I think the forum would be better if the structure were to built of trustworthy admins, followed by global moderators then blue mods.

I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.

I'm pretty sure the Game Reps do only have moderator permissions in the forum for the game they rep. The exception being Juliette who did apply and was accepted as a Section Mod (I think).

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

So it seems, when i checked the other day, all were administrators. Presumably, when Jason moved all administators from the group, their permissions were set to what it ought to be :D
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Empy wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:Before anyone goes getting on their high horse i'd like to quote the description of this board.

I'm pretty sure the Game Reps do only have moderator permissions in the forum for the game they rep. The exception being Juliette who did apply and was accepted as a Section Mod (I think).

Empy is correct, personally, I think Mods of high calibur should be allowed to mod multiple sections
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Empy wrote:
minisaiyan wrote:I also feel that the other server admins (Juliette-NG, Sarevok-Origins, Sol-Ascended) ought only to have moderator priveliges in the boards the respectively work. Unless they are successful in an application to be a mod or other.
Yes. :)

There is a difference between Sol and Sarevok, and myself though. I am a Game Representative (Jason works as my server's developer), they are actual Game Developers. ;)
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

minisaiyan wrote:so basically you just write his messages? :-" :P
Heh, a little too simple, but for the forum, yes, quite regularly. :D

Concerning NewGrounds, I have access and 'direct' updates. :) I 'own' the server, as it stands.
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Theres a phrase for that.... His **Filtered**. ;)
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Rudy Pena wrote:

Hey, I did not know the filter caught 'boss'. :shock:
Rudy Peña
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Wrath of Achilles

Juliette wrote:
Rudy Pena wrote:

Hey, I did not know the filter caught 'boss'. :shock:

You know what i said. :-$
Spoiler
R0B3RT wrote: you are like my wife
you never loose :smt101
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:I don't think there is a single member ingame that could take on the lion at the moment. Not a single person...
I'm a brown nose. Sue me.
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

+1
but I think Jason also took the action that needed taking.. abet some of the mods that were enforcing the rules while also breaking them themselves were allowed to stay on the team. 8-[
He took gapstop action that needed doing (overdue) the downside was the loss of one of the game and forum communities best ambassador's SuperSayion..
The rot set in when the ombusperson lost their ability to enforcing findings and the final say was granted to the admins.
We need someone from outside of the game and forum in that position.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”