Admins, Mods and other stuff.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: Admins, Mods and other stuff.

fem fatale wrote:maybe all the innuendo regarding Zeratul should be made public instead of being referred to by mod staff past and present???
Admin affairs (general forum management) need be known by admins, and admins alone.
GM affairs (section / team management) need be known by GMs and admins alone.
Mod affairs (specific rule applications) need be known by mods, GMs and admins, again, alone.
Public affairs need to be known by everyone.

I do not see the benefit in publicising information pertaining to a case long closed, or indeed any information that is not relevant to the public - a criterion the public is not qualified to judge on. Forum staff is a representative of AdminJ, so the final call is - as it always has been (despite various attempts at mutiny) and as it always should be - up to the conveniently named Forum.

fem fatale wrote:getting back to iniitial proposal about voted system,,, from what I've seen on here before that tends to get abused anyway.

Alliances stack the votes and we don't need the forum as well as the game unbalanced in that way.
Hardly a good reason not to do it. The scale of the change however might be something to consider as something of a 'con'.

Admin's executive power is sovereign. Any challenge to that will be handled with prejudice. You can of course make suggestions and small changes may be implemented. (Of course we all make mistakes, so does Forum, but if he wanted to name this forum "Granny's PancakePalooza" that would be his call. A pretty bad one, though.. lol, but you get the idea. This is my own 'Forum's Fallibility disclaimer'.) He is the one you need to convince.

Dark Saiyan Tacoma wrote:that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends
I do not think people would be that petty. More specifically, there would always - hopefully - be more people pleased with the way the section is kept than there are people pissed off because they are banned. (Which results in the section being 'clean'. Or something.)
I disapprove of the 'ban' and 'rules' being used as swords against the community. That is like building anti-personnel defences and aiming them inward. :)
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Dark Saiyan Tacoma wrote:that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends

And this is why voting for mods is a terrible idea.
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!
donais
Forum Regular
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

I think all the mods are just afraid of loosing their power, (not that it hasnt already decreased) and tbh I would vote for you Haz

what is their really to be lost from trying this anyways?

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Angnoch wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=195486 :-"

That thread is "vote mods in". This thread is "vote mods out".
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
donais
Forum Regular

Haz wrote:

Owned, but now hes not gonna vote for u

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:
Dark Saiyan Tacoma wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.

and dont you come from one of the most populated empires in the game (even if your not active ingame so much)

well the community is either gonna die or be taken over by ponies your choice :P

I don't want my alliance voting for me just because I'm HVE. I'd rather my mod performance be the deciding factor...

that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends

That's true, HVE vote for me :D :P
I don't think there is much chance of that there pal.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

donais wrote:
Haz wrote:

Owned, but now hes not gonna vote for u

How was that "owned"? I merely informed him of each threads purpose. Nothing worthy of "ownage" there :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:
Dark Saiyan Tacoma wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.

and dont you come from one of the most populated empires in the game (even if your not active ingame so much)

well the community is either gonna die or be taken over by ponies your choice :P

I don't want my alliance voting for me just because I'm HVE. I'd rather my mod performance be the deciding factor...

that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends

That's true, HVE vote for me :D :P
I don't think there is much chance of that there pal.

Well I knew you wouldn't vote for me :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Angnoch
Dancing Shark God
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Care Bear
ID: 1917273

I think haz does a wonderful job but he is a little to much of a stickler :razz:

that being said mods shouldn't get voted out they are volunteers, that being said mods are volunteers and will not be mods forever so voting in new mods should eliminate the need to vote old mods out ;)
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Angnoch wrote:I think haz does a wonderful job but he is a little to much of a stickler :razz:

that being said mods shouldn't get voted out they are volunteers, that being said mods are volunteers and will not be mods forever so voting in new mods should eliminate the need to vote old mods out ;)

If a mod is doing such a bad job that the majority of the community wants said mod out, a thread would most likely be made, where action could be taken. Apart from that I don't see any reason for a vote.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

Haz wrote:
Angnoch wrote:I think haz does a wonderful job but he is a little to much of a stickler :razz:

If a mod is doing such a bad job that the majority of the community wants said mod out, a thread would most likely be made, where action could be taken. Apart from that I don't see any reason for a vote.
Or 3 members could just get deleted and more banned

that's a possibility too I guess

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
donais
Forum Regular

ok new way of voting wet t shirt contest

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tek
Forum Elite
Alliance: Leaf Village
Race: A Village person
ID: 0

We could have the greatest mods forums have ever seen, what's going to change the morons they moderate and the boss they work for?
"This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this. But I AM your King."

Decimus Tek (Main ID:1917687)
War. War Never Changes.
Spoiler

Hows my driving? Contact
Gloriousbarstard@hotmail.com
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Empy wrote:
Haz wrote:

Or 3 members could just get deleted and more banned

that's a possibility too I guess

Yes yes, we haven't forgotten...

This thread is about the current mod team. We've already got plenty of threads about the bans and deleted users and everything involved with that, please don't make this thread yet another one...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”