Admins, Mods and other stuff.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

Admins, Mods and other stuff.

Seeing as how there has been such a huge amount of turmoil, outrage and allegations of corruption especially this year I propose this; how about in January ALL mods are revoted on and 6month performance votes made and the admin staff are also subjected to a public vote every 6 months to assess how people view their performance?
This should in theory stop any complacency and corruption as people will know that if they overstep their boundaries they will be gone.
It will require certain details being made public I expect, but if the mod and admin staff have nothing to fear then letting people know what is happening shouldn't be a problem anyway.

These are things that should already be in place to be honest but oh well....... :smt104

Thoughts?
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Re: Admins, Mods and other stuff.

Not a bad thought, but Big bad Mr Jason surely would not allow his pet zeratul to be ousted in such a way.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

Moooooved.
Yeah Jason will be the one to talk to now, hope he comes to this thread!
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Interesting thought. If Jason sees fit to change the way the forum functions after 7.5 years, all power to him. At no point will his authority be less than sovereign and absolute. Basically you only need to convince him. :-)

Zeratul has already been 'ousted' from his position, all admins have been demoted. How much more 'ousting' do you want? :)
Z E R O wrote:Not a bad thought, but Big bad Mr Jason surely would not allow his pet zeratul to be ousted in such a way.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Juliette wrote:Interesting thought. If Jason sees fit to change the way the forum functions after 7.5 years, all power to him. At no point will his authority be less than sovereign and absolute. Basically you only need to convince him. :-)

Zeratul has already been 'ousted' from his position, all admins have been demoted. How much more 'ousting' do you want? :)
Z E R O wrote:Not a bad thought, but Big bad Mr Jason surely would not allow his pet zeratul to be ousted in such a way.

Him off of the team, where he belongs.

Or, at the very least, have his bloody stupid colours removed. What the **Filtered** makes him so **Filtered** special? Oh that's right, nothing.
Last edited by Z E R O on Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Well, that is clear, then.

Z E R O wrote:
Juliette wrote:Interesting thought. If Jason sees fit to change the way the forum functions after 7.5 years, all power to him. At no point will his authority be less than sovereign and absolute. Basically you only need to convince him. :-)

Him off of the team, where he belongs.
Commander Vimes
Forum Expert
Alliance: T I T α N S Commander
Race: Vaguely Humanoid
ID: 87970

this isn't to single anyone out or anything like that, but it would combat all the problems that the community currently has with the way things are run and organised :)

if the staff know they are constantly being assessed then there is less chance they will "abuse" their power.
it would be nice if jason did change things, i mean after 7 and a half years things will obviously need to be looked into and to see if they need to be changed.
this would give some power to the community and then any issues would partly be of their own doing which should make them think more when they happen ;)

i know i am living dangerously by trying to apply logic to an illogical world but i like living on the edge lol makes my rl interesting too when i try to apply logic to things :smt081

p.s thanks for moving, i wasn't 100% sure where it should go.
It's all for the greater gooood
msn commandervimes@live.co.uk
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Commander Vimes wrote:this isn't to single anyone out or anything like that, but it would combat all the problems that the community currently has with the way things are run and organised :)

Just to clarify, what are the major problems the community has with things run? (excluding the recent stuff with SS, Eary and Tet, as that was J's decision).

Commander Vimes wrote:if the staff know they are constantly being assessed then there is less chance they will "abuse" their power.
it would be nice if jason did change things, i mean after 7 and a half years things will obviously need to be looked into and to see if they need to be changed.
this would give some power to the community and then any issues would partly be of their own doing which should make them think more when they happen ;)

Mods are always assessed. GMs assess their blue mods, Admins (or Admin now) assess the GMs. Anyone who seems to be lacking, or there are issues with, are talked to (much like a staff coaching thing in the workplace). Obvious gross misconduct would obviously override any of the above action and the mod would be dealt with at the time...

Commander Vimes wrote:i know i am living dangerously by trying to apply logic to an illogical world but i like living on the edge lol makes my rl interesting too when i try to apply logic to things :smt081

I'll admit it is a good idea, but it has its downsides. I know some users who would vote someone out just because they don't like them, regardless of their modding ability... (I think I'm a perfect example there :P). Perhaps it could result in a debate much like the Mod Feedback threads? Evidence of misconduct/lacking in their duties is brought forward, and this gives the mods and the users a chance to defend their views. A simple yes/no vote would probably not end well...
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

maybe all the innuendo regarding Zeratul should be made public instead of being referred to by mod staff past and present???

getting back to iniitial proposal about voted system,,, from what I've seen on here before that tends to get abused anyway.

Alliances stack the votes and we don't need the forum as well as the game unbalanced in that way.
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
donais
Forum Regular
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
donais
Forum Regular
Race: Dam girl
ID: 4742

Haz wrote:
donais wrote:well if most of the community that is left is the alliances who come on here to have fun, then why not make them happy and let them vote?

The point being the alliances would vote for their own, regardless of their mod performance.

and dont you come from one of the most populated empires in the game (even if your not active ingame so much)

well the community is either gonna die or be taken over by ponies your choice :P

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

donais wrote:
Haz wrote:

and dont you come from one of the most populated empires in the game (even if your not active ingame so much)

well the community is either gonna die or be taken over by ponies your choice :P

I don't want my alliance voting for me just because I'm HVE. I'd rather my mod performance be the deciding factor...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
dark lord tacoma
Forum Elite
Alliance: ROT
Race: System Lord
ID: 1991753
Alternate name(s): *~Thoth~

Haz wrote:
donais wrote:
Haz wrote:

I don't want my alliance voting for me just because I'm HVE. I'd rather my mod performance be the deciding factor...

that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends
"Play the game for more than you can afford to lose... only then will you learn the game."
Winston Churchill
Tek wrote: Your're attempting to gain a steady footing, on a moral highground made of rice pudding.

You have started playing at 15:46:39 on 29. August 2008
Eärendil wrote:I am going to mass them all
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Dark Saiyan Tacoma wrote:
Haz wrote:
donais wrote:
Haz wrote:

that would never work as we all know to well, good mods in busy sections dont make friends

That's true, HVE vote for me :D :P
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”