mod Vs Mod, Mod vs Ombs

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Race: DieHard
Alternate name(s): CJL
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

mod Vs Mod, Mod vs Ombs

i see one or two appeals. ombudsman dicsussions going either off topic or derailing to arguments.

might i reccomend that when a gm/admin is trying to convey a point to a mod as part of trainging or discipline, it be done in a mod forum

might i recommend that when a mod wishes to discuss an appeal with an ombudsperson, it be done by pm

might i reccomend that when an admin wishes to discuss a case with an ombudsperson,, it be done either within a forum for doing so, or pm

basically, as a forum user, the best vision for me, is a case of the following steps
[list=booyah][*]appeal and evidence
[*]ombuds view
[*]superior to appeal against view
[*]ombuds reccomendation
[*]ultimate result/s
[/list]
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Re: mod Vs Mod, Mod vs Ombs

There are no more GMs, and there are no Ombudsmen. :?
Not quite sure what you intended with that, but it looks nice enough for the old system.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

put simply, gm= group of new "section admins"
ombuds= group of new "section admins"
an ombudsperson= particular "section mod"

individuals with the ability to relate to such a change may have understood the implications of the original post, while individual "groups" might require the above statements to make sense of everything.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

minisaiyan wrote:put simply, gm= group of new "section admins"
ombuds= group of new "section admins"
an ombudsperson= particular "section mod"

individuals with the ability to relate to such a change may have understood the implications of the original post, while individual "groups" might require the above statements to make sense of everything.
Section mods are not in any way involved in the ombudsprocedure, except in that their action could be grounds for an appeal to the Section Admin.
minisaiyan wrote:i see one or two appeals. ombudsman dicsussions going either off topic or derailing to arguments.

might i reccomend that when a gm/admin is trying to convey a point to a mod as part of trainging or discipline, it be done in a mod forum

might i recommend that when a mod wishes to discuss an appeal with an ombudsperson, it be done by pm

might i reccomend that when an admin wishes to discuss a case with an ombudsperson,, it be done either within a forum for doing so, or pm

basically, as a forum user, the best vision for me, is a case of the following steps
[*]ombuds view
[*]superior to appeal against view
[*]ombuds reccomendation
[*]ultimate result/s
[/list]
Now with your replacements: :?
minisaiyan wrote:i see one or two appeals. Section Admin dicsussions going either off topic or derailing to arguments.

might i reccomend that when a Section Admin is trying to convey a point to a mod as part of trainging or discipline, it be done in a mod forum

might i recommend that when a mod wishes to discuss an appeal with a Section Admin, it be done by pm

might i reccomend that when a Section Admin wishes to discuss a case with a Section Admin, it be done either within a forum for doing so, or pm

[*]Section Admin view (this is the decision)
[*]superior to appeal against view (there is none)
[*]Section Admin reccomendation (there is no such thing, the Section Admin decides, not recommends..)
[*]ultimate result/s (you get those in step 2)
[/list]
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

Juliette wrote:Now with your replacements: :?
minisaiyan wrote:i see one or two appeals. Section Admin dicsussions going either off topic or derailing to arguments.

might i reccomend that when a Section Admin is trying to convey a point to a mod as part of trainging or discipline, it be done in a mod forum

might i recommend that when a mod wishes to discuss an appeal with a Section Admin, it be done by pm

might i reccomend that when a Section Admin wishes to discuss a case with a Section Admin, it be done either within a forum for doing so, or pm

[*]Section Admin view (this is the decision)
[*]superior to appeal against view (there is none)
[*]Section Admin reccomendation (there is no such thing, the Section Admin decides, not recommends..)
[*]ultimate result/s (you get those in step 2)
[/list]

Lulz. Well said.
minisaiyan
Forum Addict
Hatebreeder
Aesthetics of Hate

my third line was meant to say section admin over section mod.

so basically you say, that case is put forward, and an admin makes a decision based upon that.
welllll, thats dumb. one persons view vs the "victim's" view and one other is hardly basis for a decision.
surely if a decision is appealed it should not become the mods decision against the admins decision, as a lot of warnings are subject to one's interpretation and therefore 1v1 is stupid if one of those effectively has 2 votes.

if an appeal is made, it should be put to a panel of all(or a select group) of admins to review the situation before a decision is made.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

minisaiyan wrote:my third line was meant to say section admin over section mod.

so basically you say, that case is put forward, and an admin makes a decision based upon that.
welllll, thats dumb. one persons view vs the "victim's" view and one other is hardly basis for a decision.
surely if a decision is appealed it should not become the mods decision against the admins decision, as a lot of warnings are subject to one's interpretation and therefore 1v1 is stupid if one of those effectively has 2 votes.

if an appeal is made, it should be put to a panel of all(or a select group) of admins to review the situation before a decision is made.

Even if so, the ultimate decisions always come to a leader. This just skips the step :P
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

I don't even know what you're saying right now.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Perhaps if there is a disagreement with a Section Admins decision on a case, their fellow Section Admins make a decision on it?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Haz wrote:Perhaps if there is a disagreement with a Section Admins decision on a case, their fellow Section Admins make a decision on it?
Isn't that what we said before? :?
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Juliette wrote:
Haz wrote:Perhaps if there is a disagreement with a Section Admins decision on a case, their fellow Section Admins make a decision on it?
Isn't that what we said before? :?

Earlier said all of the admins... I reckon only section admins should be involved in that. Mod admin or other admin as maybe a major last resort.
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

Juliette wrote:There are no more GMs, and there are no Ombudsmen. :?
Not quite sure what you intended with that, but it looks nice enough for the old system.

if we no longer have ombuspersons, what are Empy and Mathlord now?
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
The Doctor
Time Lord

Honours and Awards

fem fatale wrote:

Unsure of whats happening with that, I've asked AdminJ to clear that up, along with Zeratul and Jim... If he has no plans for them, I'll probably be looking into whether they could rejoin the team in any of the sections...
Formerly known as Haz

Spoiler
Zeratul wrote:

*that was kernal potter
*colonel

*and he starves
*hypothetically...
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
Empy
Derper
Race: Eldar

fem fatale wrote:

AdminJason asked if we wanted to be regular Section Mods, otherwise we're nothing. I dunno what Mathlord said but I declined.

Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198036220818]Image[/url]
Spoiler
Juliette
Verified
The Queen

Empy wrote:AdminJason asked if we wanted to be regular Section Mods, otherwise we're nothing. I dunno what Mathlord said but I declined.
'nothing'? Surely you would be regular forum members? :) Part of the heart of this community again?

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”