Modding feedback by Walter Bishop

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alliance: ~Dark Dominium~
Race: ~DDE~
ID: 8675309
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Modding feedback by Walter Bishop

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=620687

^this

And people wonder why my warning level is at 8 (even though I was told a few should have been verbals and would be changed they were not, and that is fine, but this is exactly what keeps people away from game and this forum)

Seriously? I reply to a fun math thread with my own math joke,......and I am MODDED????

@ JT - No need to shut all down, just allow fun banter, and DO NOT CALL NAMES. NO RL. Seems to be three easy rules, and no mod or user would get confused.

1. Do Not Call Names
2. No RL referrences.
3. When asked by original author of thread, topic goes back on track. NOT WHEN WHOMEVER feels like it. Author is only one who knows truly that they are being "spammed", and it can be fixed with a simple, "Hey can we drop that now and get back to war, I PERSONALLY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD would like it to go to stats now." If it doesn't THAT IS WHEN A MOD IS NEEDED :smt115 then give the warnings, verbals, whatever.

Just my 2 cents, and I have 99, just only allowed 2 on here, (surprised allowed both my pennies)
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: MaYHem
Race: Tauri
ID: 1933065
Alternate name(s): Eminent Domain

Re: Suggestion Box

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:3. When asked by original author of thread, topic goes back on track. NOT WHEN WHOMEVER feels like it. Author is only one who knows truly that they are being "spammed", and it can be fixed with a simple, "Hey can we drop that now and get back to war, I PERSONALLY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD would like it to go to stats now." If it doesn't THAT IS WHEN A MOD IS NEEDED :smt115 then give the warnings, verbals, whatever.

I completely disagree. It's the Mod's job to keep the topics ON TOPIC. The poster could be completely fine with Spam and it would just get out of hand. Also, what if the thread creator disappears, then it's ok the spam forever?
People have been selected as a Mod for a reason, whether you agree with who or why in this case is irrelevant. But, it is to our discretion what is "getting out of hand" and what isn't and I think the Mod's do a pretty good job doing so. If you don't wanna be warned, keep off the spam, eh?
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Firstly, I'm sure this thread is for General related issues. Feel free to reply to this in either the "Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs (NOT GAME ISSUES)" section, or even in PM if you wish.

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:http://talk.gatewa.rs/ucp.php?i=pm&mode=view&f=0&p=620687

^this

We can't see your PMs. That link will not work for us.

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:And people wonder why my warning level is at 8 (even though I was told a few should have been verbals and would be changed they were not, and that is fine, but this is exactly what keeps people away from game and this forum)

You repeatedly bring this up, yet do nothing to help resolve it. You have been asked to provide quotes saying that you had been told they should be verbals. I'm assuming the PM you linked was a quote of that, so we'll see how this works out.

EDIT: Related.

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Seriously? I reply to a fun math thread with my own math joke,......and I am MODDED????

Have you brought it up with the mod, or their Section Admin?
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Haz wrote:We can't see your PMs. That link will not work for us.

^this
Haz wrote:
Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:And people wonder why my warning level is at 8 (even though I was told a few should have been verbals and would be changed they were not, and that is fine, but this is exactly what keeps people away from game and this forum)

You repeatedly bring this up, yet do nothing to help resolve it. You have been asked to provide quotes saying that you had been told they should be verbals. I'm assuming the PM you linked was a quote of that, so we'll see how this works out.

EDIT: Related.

and ^this

Haz wrote:
Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Seriously? I reply to a fun math thread with my own math joke,......and I am MODDED????

Have you brought it up with the mod, or their Section Admin?

oh oh oh... and ^this

Nicely placed Haz.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Haz wrote:

I believe it was the ombuds that told him that, meaning it wouldn't matter as they had no actual power
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Bromas wrote:I believe it was the ombuds that told him that, meaning it wouldn't matter as they had no actual power
That might be true. :)

We are no longer moderating to warn people (as some have done in the past) and if that behaviour is detected, it will be exterminated.

Walter Bishop wrote:1. Do Not Call Names
Mods are subject to the same rules as you are (and a few more) so that should not be a problem. Of course, 'being called names' is a bit of a wide range of things; some things are acceptable and others are not. Courteous behaviour is not necessarily all flower power hugs and kisses.. but again, excesses will be dealt with.
Walter Bishop wrote:2. No RL referrences.
Same as earlier. ;)
Walter Bishop wrote:3. When asked by original author of thread, topic goes back on track. NOT WHEN WHOMEVER feels like it. Author is only one who knows truly that they are being "spammed", and it can be fixed with a simple, "Hey can we drop that now and get back to war, I PERSONALLY WHO STARTED THIS THREAD would like it to go to stats now." If it doesn't THAT IS WHEN A MOD IS NEEDED :smt115 then give the warnings, verbals, whatever.
No, this is just wrong. :) Threads are not the 'property' of the thread starter, we have had this discussion before and will not have again.. :P (But the idea of the community moderating itself is one I wholeheartedly support. The fewer mods, the better.)
Walter Bishop wrote:Just my 2 cents, and I have 99, just only allowed 2 on here, (surprised allowed both my pennies)
My god, Dex.. you are such a drama queen! :smt058 Your points will be taken into account. ;)
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): theDEX,Stewie Griffin,Sylar,Dis Tra Tuat Harsesis,Dark Lunas,BANNED to keep my valid points out of the public sounds like MSNBC is running this forum

Re: Modding feedback by Walter Bishop

OK.

Not sure why sniper just copy pasted what someone else put after he had put his opinion but mkay, you got such a crush on me don't ya snipey? :smt056

You're an idiot.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:OK.

Not sure why sniper just copy pasted what someone else put after he had put his opinion but mkay, you got such a crush on me don't ya snipey? :smt056

You're an idiot.

I was mocking you and the way you post.
Also, I never called you stupid in public so I'd appreciate if you kept the same courtesy.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Sniperblackout wrote:

You're an idiot.

Also, I never called you stupid in public so I'd appreciate if you kept the same courtesy.

Yep crush..... :smt043 :smt056 :smt050
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Sniperblackout wrote:

You're an idiot.

Since I did not call you stupid same courtesy DOES apply :smt115
ON ANOTHER SERIOUS NOTE.......
My bad snipe, I will not take your alliance leader's route and call someone an idiot on their thread. Oh wait that happened to me......

I will be able to mock the way you post though by simple copy pastes right? Or not so much??
Is this against rules? Or just the idiot part? Mocking and spam is fine, but idiot is not? OK...... :smt105

EDITED: TO SHOW I DID NOT CALL ANYONE STUPID, I CALLED A SPAMMING TROLL AN IDIOT.
Remedy™
Forum Intermediate

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:

You're an idiot.

My bad snipe, I will not take your alliance leader's route and call someone an idiot on their thread. Oh wait that happened to me......

I will be able to mock the way you post though by simple copy pastes right? Or not so much??
Is this against rules? Or just the idiot part? Mocking and spam is fine, but idiot is not? OK...... :smt105

EDITED: TO SHOW I DID NOT CALL ANYONE STUPID, I CALLED A SPAMMING TROLL AN IDIOT.

First of all:
Idiot = Stupid as they relate to each other.
Secondly, Kikaz is not the leader of Mayhem.
Third, I mocked you by just quoting posts and saying "^This" exactly like you do
The only person you'd be mocking is yourself, so feel free, as that would be hysterical.
Last edited by Remedy™ on Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Just happy to see the new mods working out.
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

Dr. Walter Bishop™ wrote:Just happy to see the new mods working out.

Me too!
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
Dexter Morgan™
Forum Elite

Sniperblackout wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:

You're an idiot.

First of all:
Third, I mocked you by just quoting posts and saying "^This" exactly like you do
The only person you'd be mocking is yourself, so feel free, as that would be hysterical.

Thought this was done? Please I will ask nicely leave it be and try to just enjoy the game.
It got out of hand on both sides, and needs to stop. I want this community to stay together, and I do not want to keep dragging on about things that are not relevant to this game.
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Sniperblackout wrote:
Sniperblackout wrote:

You're an idiot.

First of all:

Thought this was done? Please I will ask nicely leave it be and try to just enjoy the game.
It got out of hand on both sides, and needs to stop. I want this community to stay together, and I do not want to keep dragging on about things that are not relevant to this game.

No offence, but can you just leave it? Unless you have something constructive to stay no one really gives a monkey's

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”