Award Rules

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

Award Rules

I strongly object against the recent update on the rules based on several reason:
1. Changing rules during the process is against every logic any elections(nominations) have.
2. Limiting people to who they can nominate is like setting up an election and by that makes it not a free choise but you can, you can't elections.
3. How the F do you know who's in which empire, alliance. By forum status, ingame status? I can easily drop tags or change the forum thingy.
4. If this goes thru under such "rules", this forum hasn't changed one bit a minority pushing their own thoughts and what they believe was right.

Now just cause I've nominated my alliance members or my empire doesn't mean its a fix I would do it each year. Who else then our own alliance members would know why our alliance command made the biggest impact these year, or why a certain newcommer or comeback player was nominated. Jesus, use common sense people... :smt100
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Nah - I deserve that one xD - cos he did :D
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Scar Face wrote:Join DDE, farm all the above :smt060
Bahaha that is the single best post ever, I love scar face.
Spoiler
Zod14c wrote: :shock: dont mass scar.. he is baaaaadasss
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Re: Award Rules

Scar Face wrote:I strongly object against the recent update on the rules based on several reason:
1. Changing rules during the process is against every logic any elections(nominations) have.

Disclaimer:
The Awards team reserve the right to alter the votes/nomination timings, the rules or the categories and their details, or deny anyone the right to vote and nominate at any point without notice or provocation. Correct channels have been given for complaints, discussions and beyond and these should be followed. Not reading the rules is NOT an excuse.

Scar Face wrote:2. Limiting people to who they can nominate is like setting up an election and by that makes it not a free choise but you can, you can't elections.

It helps to eliminate the whole "popularity contest" side of these awards.

Scar Face wrote:3. How the F do you know who's in which empire, alliance. By forum status, ingame status? I can easily drop tags or change the forum thingy.

Screenshots of current alliances/empires.

Scar Face wrote:4. If this goes thru under such "rules", this forum hasn't changed one bit a minority pushing their own thoughts and what they believe was right.

This has been used previously in the past. We wanted to try changing it, but obviously that didn't work.

Scar Face wrote:Now just cause I've nominated my alliance members or my empire doesn't mean its a fix I would do it each year. Who else then our own alliance members would know why our alliance command made the biggest impact these year, or why a certain newcommer or comeback player was nominated. Jesus, use common sense people... :smt100

This is the Gatewars Awards, not the DDE awards, not the FS awards, not the HVE awards. It is about who made the biggest difference in the community, not within one alliance.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

[spoiler2=]
Haz wrote:
Scar Face wrote:I strongly object against the recent update on the rules based on several reason:

Disclaimer:
The Awards team reserve the right to alter the votes/nomination timings, the rules or the categories and their details, or deny anyone the right to vote and nominate at any point without notice or provocation. Correct channels have been given for complaints, discussions and beyond and these should be followed. Not reading the rules is NOT an excuse.

Scar Face wrote:2. Limiting people to who they can nominate is like setting up an election and by that makes it not a free choise but you can, you can't elections.

Scar Face wrote:3. How the F do you know who's in which empire, alliance. By forum status, ingame status? I can easily drop tags or change the forum thingy.

Scar Face wrote:4. If this goes thru under such "rules", this forum hasn't changed one bit a minority pushing their own thoughts and what they believe was right.

This has been used previously in the past. We wanted to try changing it, but obviously that didn't work.

Scar Face wrote:Now just cause I've nominated my alliance members or my empire doesn't mean its a fix I would do it each year. Who else then our own alliance members would know why our alliance command made the biggest impact these year, or why a certain newcommer or comeback player was nominated. Jesus, use common sense people... :smt100

This is the Gatewars Awards, not the DDE awards, not the FS awards, not the HVE awards. It is about who made the biggest difference in the community, not within one alliance.
[/spoiler2]

:smt060 Well said Haz, that's exactly the reason of the debate of yesterday.
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate

[spoiler]
Haz wrote:

Disclaimer:

[/spoiler]

1. I have read the rules and that you CAN, but I am saying it goes against every system, every nominations/votes, unless this is now North Korea.

2. Popularity? Its about the fact that one can nominate EVERYONE.

3. How about the people that are VAC, have different nicks, etc. Your new "rule" just forgets about everyone that fits into any of those categories.

4. Always been a stone of dispute, how can you judge it didn't work. You can only ask each person why they nominated someone/alliance, you can't base your assestment on what you think.

5. Think you mistunderstood, every nomination I made was based on the influence one had on the game. If my nominations would be based on DDE, I would have nominated such people in each and every category as would everyone else.

So in summary, just cause people nominate their own alliance members(not in every category obviously) doesn't mean they are doing it cause they like the person more, might be cause that person actually deserves that nomination.
Last edited by Scar Face on Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Spoiler
BenjaminMS
Tollan
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Balancer
ID: 1907529
Alternate name(s): TUHD (Bioware forums)
Location: Stuck between real life and the other end of a Stargate

Just quoting Neim here....

Neimenljivi wrote:Any rigging of the awards will be carefully watched for, JT ;)
Besides, you know me. I haven't played the game for real in about 3 years or so, but I am in agreement of this. We tried to go without the rule and it didn't work out, so we had to implement the old rule back again. It is a necessary evil in order to make sure the awards are fair. None of this would have happened if like 20% of nominations were by one alliance member nominating another, but it was probably like 70 or 80% of nominations that saw one alliance member nominating another alliance member. By that logic every alliance has the greatest player in every category, which I'm sure you agree is a stupid thing to think.

~N
Currently ingame known as BenMS

Goblin: "I like your boots."
Sorcerer: "That's because you don't have any. The emotion is called envy."
Spoiler
/smile at the green grass,
smile at the sun,
smile at the roses,
before they're gone/

BenjaminMS - 'A thief of roses'
[TL] Renegadze zegt:
yeah definately makes more sense you hitting
and I have no DMU as you keep robbing it
MERC 1 zegt:
shuld not leave it out
any way you cant prove nothing
[TL] Michael/BenjaminMS zegt:
meh Rene, just find a few 0-def farms with 300+ tril DMU out...
MERC 1 zegt:
cool you two take it then i will hit you
ƒëmmë
Forum Elite
Alternate name(s): ƒëmmë ƒatalë
temptress
cleo_catra

there has always been a limit on who you could nominate in some awards,

you can also use the ingame function to see what alliance ppl are in.. but maybe you want ppl to post ingame name and id to use as a safe check..

ie I femmefatale id 51129 nominate Joe Bloggs (not my real id, just an example, been on vac in main for 10+months) :)
To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.
-Sun Tzu, the Art of War
31/07/2012 6:13:16 AM Hope Light ID's mean nothing imo if you can back yourself up.
31/07/2012 6:13:22 AM Hope Light only **Filtered** hide them.
Be careful who you trust, even the devil was once an angel
veritas vos liberabit
Forums own rules
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 7#p2510387
Spoiler
Section Admins - who will be 'in charge' of the section in question. They will be responsible for the overall feel of the section, the setup/structure, and most importantly the community/users in the section. This will incorporate the old 'ombudsman' role. And insofar as the Section Admin is responsible for the users, they are also responsible for the high level mod behaviour towards the users.
So -as a user - if you have an issue with how you are treated, rules, bans, whatever --goto the section admin... They are there for you!

There is no 'reporting structure' in this setup -- tech, mod, and section admins are all on equal footing, each with their own (somewhat overlapping) responsibilities.
Mods report directly to the mod admin, and indirectly to the section admin for the section in which they mod.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter
ID: 0

new rules

leave them vote the all stupid mods :smt093
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

expect the lowest turnout yet, good work mods ](*,)

i wasnt just voting for my own alliance, i vote for people, wars that i thought earnt it. and if it so happens they are in my alliance then so be it. but i wont be voting again on awards that i have hgad my vote removed from

good day sir :smt099
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

I think it is unwise to blanket ALL awards with the 'no voting for alliance' rule, and here is why.
Sure, for awards like 'Alliance of the Year' or the Hall of Fame that is all but reasonable, but if I have played with FS for a while, I know them better, and I will likely find that one of their players - whose achievements I then know through and through - is the best. Am I then supposed to vote for someone I think less able?! :? I do not see how that could be in any way representative of someone's achievements.

Lessons for the next round, I suppose.
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

I'm pretty sure that's just for the nomination round... I'm assuming once voting comes in you would be able to vote for already nominated alliancemates. Since the failsafe of having members of other alliances nominating them should cover someone being unfairly introduced to the voting stage. Though I may be incorrect.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler
Coulson
Forum Regular
Alliance: S.H.I.E.L.D.
Race: Human
ID: 75836

Re: new rules

Mod action: I've moved this to feedback.
Scar Face
Forum Intermediate

Z E R O wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just for the nomination round... I'm assuming once voting comes in you would be able to vote for already nominated alliancemates. Since the failsafe of having members of other alliances nominating them should cover someone being unfairly introduced to the voting stage. Though I may be incorrect.

Code: Select all

8. You are not allowed to NOMINATE or VOTE for your alliance/empire (as a whole, in alliance-specific categories), nor are you allowed to nominate or vote for your fellow alliance/empire members. 

You stand corrected :smt047
Spoiler

Spoiler
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Spoiler
The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Z E R O wrote:I'm pretty sure that's just for the nomination round... I'm assuming once voting comes in you would be able to vote for already nominated alliancemates. Since the failsafe of having members of other alliances nominating them should cover someone being unfairly introduced to the voting stage. Though I may be incorrect.

This seems like a fair idea...
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
Belsamber
Forum Expert
Alliance: GHOST RIDERS 2018
Race: GHOST RIDERS 2018
ID: 1992280

Okay so say a member in my alliance really improves and farms like a beast and so forth no one else can see that but what the hell lets just remove the opportunity and just randomly throw names into the pot.

Low turnout yay whos excited cause I am...
Spoiler
MEZZANINE wrote:Hey Bels,

Hows it going bud, you know I've had song stuck in my head all day, and now think I know why, tis your theme song

Well I don't know why I came here tonight
If Im lookin' for some love or a fight
Just a searching for place with some flair
but so drunk I could fall of my chair
Massers to the left of me, Diplo's to the right
Here I am, drunk in the forum with you
Drunk in the GateWars with you
12:30 *Matherion Attack defended 15 23,986,971 0 *8,785,373,000 *,874,130,048
14:27 ~Joker~ Attack defended 15 48,418,385 0 *,966,012,800,000 *,070,746,452,590
Z E R O
Forum Addict
Alliance: Jötunheim
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 1918344
Alternate name(s): Hymir

Scar Face wrote:

Code: Select all

8. You are not allowed to NOMINATE or VOTE for your alliance/empire (as a whole, in alliance-specific categories), nor are you allowed to nominate or vote for your fellow alliance/empire members. 

You stand corrected :smt047

Well... That's just **Filtered** dumb.
Z E R O - Jötunheim - 1907332 - UnKnown of the TOLAH
*Zero - 1991093
Spoiler

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”