2013 Awards Suggestions.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Jim
Pony Princess
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Asgard
ID: 45162
Alternate name(s): Bucephalus
Kishin

2013 Awards Suggestions.

NO discussion about this year.
How do you think things should work next year?
Constructive posting only. I will moderate this thread heavily.

How about the following change:
Each person may nominate two candidates but one nomination at least must be from another alliance.
A reason MUST be posted for each nomination. Hopefully this would encourage free thinking.

The idea with these two rules would be to mean you can vote for that person in your alliance you think deserves it but also encourages the proposed spirit of the awards in getting people to think outside their alliance.
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: 2013 Awards Suggestions.

for next year...

i propose not changing the rules of the voting halfway through.. may upset some people 8-[
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Guild wrote:for next year...

i propose not changing the rules of the voting halfway through.. may upset some people 8-[

Kinda the same...
But, allow people to vote for their own alliance/empire or to vote against someone, especially since DDE, HVE, TAF have now got about 45 people in total that could vote for someone in their alliance, they might actually deserve it and now, someone else might get it...
xDaku
Forum Addict
Alliance: Forgotten Serenity - leader
ID: 27858

I like the two nominations system, but the problem is that if we then take the highest nominations from all those nominations, we'll again end up with the same thing we had this year because the higher member count (who will more likely than not - proven by this year - nominate the same guy from their respective alliances) will still take top spot.

I think last year's system was good, where the banned out inter-alliance nominations depending on the type of award.

Newcomer for example, this year, should allow inter-alliance. That might be something to look at next year.

On the other hand, Main/Skilled player of the year (or anything of that sort) should ban inter-alliance to allow for a wider array of nominations from which people can vote from, while showing a bit of respect for the work and effort people outside their respective social circles do in and for the game.

Voting should always allow inter-alliance voting. I think taking that away would be a big mistake.

tldr - selective bans on nominations, no bans on votes.
Spoiler
Easy^ wrote: I am sorry if my shadow is too awesome for you to stand in.
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
Yyith wrote:Yyith says:
thats why women have small feet
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Blood in 2012 - Updated 1st Sep, 2012:
Spoiler
Attack Soldiers killed: 32,934,122
Defence Soldiers killed: 17,810,494
Attack Supers killed: 777,708,800
Defence Supers killed: 1,004,092,379
Spy Killers killed: 301,726,911
Spies Killed: 1,223,520,310
Total: 3,357,793,016

Raiders lost: 5,324,560
Guards lost: 14,223,773
Super Soldiers lost: 907,918,161
Super Guards lost: 654,870,558
Undercover Agents lost: 411,831,764
Assassin lost: 269,766,078
Total: 2,263,934,894
xDaku
Forum Addict

Also, another system to do it could be this:

Every alliance does inner votings and presents 1 candidate from their own alliance for each category with reasons and examples. From this list, the community does nominations with the current rule set (not nominating your own alliance member per category). Every person gets to nominate two people from outside the alliance (with reasons and examples) and the top 3 nominees from each category get put up for a community wide vote where anyone can cost for any one of the three nominees for their respective awards.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

E=Mc2*SGW = ( ( U = A*S*S ) + ( JT + $$$ + E*G*O ) ) + ( FS = AWESOME + Infinity ). Therefor FS -> DDE :D
get closer to the sink
Spoiler
Mezzanine wrote:Picture a hot summers day, sitting on the grass ( maybe smoking it too lol ), sun shining, cool breeze, cold beer, beautiful lady, perfect Serenity

Now picture your worst nightmare, the grass turned into trenches of mud, rain drenching you, ice winds, down to rations, surrounded by death and destruction

Turning your dreams into nightmares is what we do, heed this warning and pass it on, else you will forget your serenity forever

Spoiler

Scar Face
Forum Intermediate
Race: System Lord

xDaku wrote:Also, another system to do it could be this:

Every alliance does inner votings and presents 1 candidate from their own alliance for each category with reasons and examples. From this list, the community does nominations with the current rule set (not nominating your own alliance member per category). Every person gets to nominate two people from outside the alliance (with reasons and examples) and the top 3 nominees from each category get put up for a community wide vote where anyone can cost for any one of the three nominees for their respective awards.

I like the base setup of this, but keep in mind that the bigger alliance/empire have more then 1 player to nominate, so again thats limiting people. Its not cause we can or could, but its cause more then 1 usually stands out.
So I kinda like the system of 1 player from your own alliance/empire and 2 from others. That way more options will be presented and more people who qualify(by nominations) get their place in the voting end off.
Spoiler

Spoiler
buck wrote: Scar Face , One of the New additions to the list of Bad Bad Men... Scar Face doesnt take **Filtered**, but gives alot of it out. He is one of DDE's great forum advisers and antagonists, as well as a skilled warlord. A great Past and some would say, an even greater future at the very forefront of all things bad await this Character.
My feedback topic
Spoiler
Field Marshall wrote:
Drahazar wrote:btw, i want to keep the planet "scar face owned me" just because of its name hehe
Nah - I deserve that one xD - cos he did :D
Spoiler
buck wrote:
Scar Face wrote:Join DDE, farm all the above :smt060
Bahaha that is the single best post ever, I love scar face.
Spoiler
Zod14c wrote: :shock: dont mass scar.. he is baaaaadasss
Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

xDaku wrote:Also, another system to do it could be this:

And those not associated with an Alliance? How would they be handled in such a system?
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
xDaku
Forum Addict

Anyone who's not in an alliance (from the time you announce the beginning of awards procedure) can be put into the potential nominee list for the whole community to nominate from....hoping I phrased that right :P

And I understand that Scar, but I feel like that's also the problem we're having, where more member counts mean more nominations, which unintentionally means the guys from the smaller places get shadowed. And with the award system, there might be a couple that stand out but your alliance will vote for what the majority feels the "best" of the alliance is.

In essence, we should have a best of the best awards competition.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler

Psyko
The Irresistible
ID: 0

xDaku wrote:Anyone who's not in an alliance (from the time you announce the beginning of awards procedure) can be put into the potential nominee list for the whole community to nominate from....hoping I phrased that right :P

And I understand that Scar, but I feel like that's also the problem we're having, where more member counts mean more nominations, which unintentionally means the guys from the smaller places get shadowed. And with the award system, there might be a couple that stand out but your alliance will vote for what the majority feels the "best" of the alliance is.

In essence, we should have a best of the best awards competition.

Would it be each alliance or each empire?

Unalligned members would then all need to be listed and nominated by other unalligned users?
愛美
Section Admin of
General and the GC
xDaku
Forum Addict

Each alliance. A lot of empire alliances fight their own wars that deserves recognition, if just for nomination.

And unaligned users automatically get added to the list of "1 member per alliance" and the community has them as options to nominate from as well.

So say player a, b, and c are unaligned.

Alliance A presents player d.
Alliance B presents player e.

The list of potential nominees or that category is the players a, b, c, d, and e. Alliance A cannot nominate player d and alliance B cannot nominate player e. player a, b, and c can nominate whoever they wish.

From those 5, the three that gain the most nominations will be up for vote for the whole community.
Spoiler
E
MEZZANINE wrote:
Oooo I like higher math

get closer to the sink
Spoiler

Spoiler