Juliettes Attitude

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Bromas
Forum Addict
ID: 97472
Alternate name(s): ~HydroFlux™~, Reinhardt

Juliettes Attitude

Normally when a genuine discussion and ideas topic gets spammed, the spam gets removed and the discussion continues, now,here it is not the case and I feel that the topic was a big and important one.

I did PM Juliette asking if she would clear it out and re-open it, but this was the conversation:

Bromas wrote:Subject: SGW APPs API
Juliette wrote:And with that completely over the top comment, we are closing this thread.
Discussion of illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Facilitating illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Conducting illegal activity will not be tolerated.

And for hell's sake, who in their right mind wishes cancer on anyone? Are you completely out of your bloody mind?

Surely the correct course of action would have been warning the person in the wrong and removing the spam comments? (Unless of course you were locking it to get round to doing that or delegating the task as you were busy or on your phone or something, in which case disregard this)
Juliette wrote:Disregarded. Thanks though. ;)

To me, this just shows a lazy attitude toward her role as a mod, especially when the topic hadn't even taken off yet
Guild
Forum Addict
Alliance: Retiring
Race: Draeden
ID: 1916018
Location: writing a booklet so people understand my humour :D

Re: Juliettes Attitude

you wished cancer on someone ?
Retired but still on a rampage
Spoiler
Rudy Peña wrote:Yea, OE is the the next FS in terms of snipers. We proud ourselves on it to the point we give out awards and see who can mass the most with a 0 def.
Drahazar wrote:Im happy to snipe anyone i want, why should i build any defences for you people
George Hazard wrote:FM is like a rite of passage for alliances.
You haven't truly made it to manhood until you've slept with the town prostitute.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert
Alliance: Leaf Village
ID: 0

Oh the mods are lazy and don't give a **Filtered** and like to do things there way instead abiding by the guidelines for modding? Wow thats such a surprise to all of us... I wonder what lead to such a decline in the quality of moderators and an effective chain of command/complaint system...

:roll:
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Oh and IMO Jo is one of the better mods on these boards when compared to the likes of Niem. That jackass pulls **Filtered** out of thin air and thinks he can mod how he sees fit. Rules, guidelines, nah, those don't apply to awesome Niem!
Wonder why my post count is so low? Thats because I was deleted. Why you may ask?
Well, thats because I exposed the truth about Zeratul and Admin Jason had to cover it up.
Bromas
Forum Addict

Guild wrote:you wished cancer on someone ?

No. No I did not, that was one of the two involved in the spam

Josh as normal - much lulz
zach obourn
Forum Irregular
Alliance: ~Leaf Village~
Race: Homeless
Alternate name(s): Trashcan Man,Homelessguy and Zach Obourn.

Can you guys stop being so inconsiderate to my bestie Juliette :smt019

She is Obviously the best(nicest) mod on here ](*,)
ImageImageImageImage
You started playing on Wednesday, June 8th 2011 - 19:45:37 GMT

5 Second Sig By Legend
Spoiler
Trade FeedBack
Spoiler
Naq Sold To Date 100T
UU Sold To Date 820M
Turns Sold to Date 9K
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Lazy? :shock: How rude. :(
Coloured relevant elements of our conversation. The rest is mostly filler.
Bromas wrote:
Bromas wrote:Subject: SGW APPs API
Juliette wrote:And with that completely over the top comment, we are closing this thread.
Discussion of illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Facilitating illegal activity will not be tolerated.
Conducting illegal activity will not be tolerated.

And for hell's sake, who in their right mind wishes cancer on anyone? Are you completely out of your bloody mind?

Surely the correct course of action would have been warning the person in the wrong and removing the spam comments? (Unless of course you were locking it to get round to doing that or delegating the task as you were busy or on your phone or something, in which case disregard this)
Juliette wrote:Disregarded. Thanks though. ;)
To me, this just shows a lazy attitude toward her role as a mod, especially when the topic hadn't even taken off yet
>>>
Bromas wrote:Unless of course you were delegating the task or something, in which case disregard this
Juliette wrote:Disregarded. Thanks.
The discussion itself is a violation from a 'game administration' point of view (and thus illegal), an abomination that ought to be scourged from the section. Emotions inside the thread were over the top and unnecessarily rude. The actual topic of discussion is by its very nature anathema; any discussion about how to facilitate cheating, scripting and other foul play is. (Mind you, discussion about cheating itself is not, but how to do it and advertising techniques is.) There is a place for suggestions of additions to GW, there is a channel to report loopholes and security issues. The two should not be mixed, and definitely not be discussed in cohesion on this forum. (There will be no discussion on whether or not to allow such either; game call.)

Reason why the thread is still there (is it though?), is because section heads are still considering exactly how to write down the above in a more 'rule-ish' fashion. Semantics, you know. Takes time to say something right and properly. ;)

Thanks Zach, but I understand how the above might not be clear immediately when one looks at the thread. :smt117
Bromas
Forum Addict

The serious posts and the on-topic posts were not about cheating though, the posts form the pair spamming were about a way to use it to cheat

I don't understand how the headline idea to use it has been earmarked as illegal, what about
2. A more advanced calculator, which can actually retrieve your current stats and detects your race bonuses, number of ascensions, etc.
3. An alternative GUI.

Is cheating?
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

What about that is cheating? :) The fact that the only way all that beauty works is through exploiting (a number of) loopholes which, once commonplace, become a gateway to far more heinous machinations. Not to mention the fact that actively exploiting loopholes is in fact illegal, as is not reporting -but for instance profiting from- a bug, directly or indirectly.
If you want to make legitimate suggestions for enhancements to the game, feel free to do so.
Graphics suggestions and/or mockups can be presented directly to the game administration should you so desire. The regular channels exist.

As I stated, banning the discussion is a game administration decision enforced by forum staff, and discussion on the forum will not change the stance. Understanding is not required; any more specific information and I might as well ban myself for breaking the very principle I explain. :-k :-$
The vulnerabilities underlying the proposed API are -in the process of- being fixed along with a few other minor 'gaps'.

Bromas wrote:The serious posts and the on-topic posts were not about cheating though, the posts form the pair spamming were about a way to use it to cheat

I don't understand how the headline idea to use it has been earmarked as illegal, what about
2. A more advanced calculator, which can actually retrieve your current stats and detects your race bonuses, number of ascensions, etc.
3. An alternative GUI.

Is cheating?
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

[-(

I never said Jo was lazy or any of the above. As I stated, she is one of the best mods currently on the forum, regardless of how I personally feel about her.

As for the thread itself Andy, if there was a proper suggestion, a mod should have put a stop to the spam right from the start and moved the thread to the correct area. I understand you see the laziness and lack of well, anything from any section head or mod and its frustrating. I go back to what I said earlier, had Admin Jason or any of the current section heads cared one damn bit about doing things right and done well, then what happened nearly a year ago should never have happened. But it did happened. Nothing has changed. The names and titles have, but the same god damn problems that led to 3 members having there forum accounts deleted are still here.
Bromas
Forum Addict

If you delegated the task to someone else you might want to have words considering nothing has happened to the posts/topic
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Bromas wrote:If you delegated the task to someone else you might want to have words considering nothing has happened to the posts/topic
Ill one up you on that Andy, she should have named who she delegated it to and given you a general time frame of when that person would resolve the issue and inform you.
Neimenljivi
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Lone wolf
Race: Slovenian
ID: 82089

Tetrismonkey wrote:Oh and IMO Jo is one of the better mods on these boards when compared to the likes of Niem. That jackass pulls **Filtered** out of thin air and thinks he can mod how he sees fit. Rules, guidelines, nah, those don't apply to awesome Niem!
I'd gladly explain why I modded in the first place and the authority I have over my section, and even what other SAs said about the warning but it's a bit over your security clearance and I, unlike you, don't leak info from mod/admin forums elsewhere.

And frankly sweepie, you had an issue with me before I was given any staff role and you had an issue with me before me and you had any direct contact whatsoever. You know that, I know that. We both know why. Heck you have an issue with a lot of things, while you are a peach yourself, aren't you? One that always do what's right and one that got deleted by doing everything for the well-being of forum and community, right?
Everyone on these forums knows you have a personal vendettas against pretty much everyone that's not allied to you, as soon as anyone does anything you don't like, they are biased and the worst. QQ.

Anyway, Juliette brought the thread to the attention of all SAs and any discussion of abusing the game's loopholes to change stuff within the game can not be tolerated on these forums. It was the right call to close it down.
If you have a suggestion - make admin J aware of it. Want alternative GUI or calcs ingame? Let admin J know. If you have any material (coding/images/etc.) you think is usable - feel free to share it with admin J and I'm sure he'll be grateful for the help. Abusing the loopholes to force something in the game that he has not authorized is not something that he'd be grateful for.

But then again I am apparently the worst staff member ever (even though I must be good at being the worst - I didn't get deleted for it) so what do I know.

~N
Haz wrote:It took a bit of time, but the investigation has now been completed.
S1eepy will be banned for scripting, for the remainder of this era.
Name: S1eepy [ TheCheekyChickens ]
{Banned}
2012 Awards awarded to me:
Spoiler
Tetrismonkey
Forum Expert

Oh, yes Niem, im the worst of the worst. Some how your puny brain is far to inferior to comprehend the magnitude of what Z was doing, and the whats and whys surrounding the bans and deletions. Now as for my "vendetta" against you, where does it begin? Oh yes, offering outrageous prices for advice and product when concerning sigs, when the quality at best, was mediocre. Your performance as a mod directly correlates with the way you operate Q and your sig shop. You are an arrogant, self centered jackass that thinks himself better than anyone else and can do as you please. God complex? My warning from you is evident of just that. You lack the training, discipline and even the desire that many of us a year ago fought so god damn hard to have on these forums. The remaining mods on this forum after the fall out sit in 2 categories. One, would be all the people that cared little for this forum and only for there self preservation, hence why many of them are teased about having there heads of Admin Jasons ass. The rest are the ones that still want to do good on these forums, though those are few and far between.

So yes Niem, I leaked information from the mod section to inform the rest of the community of the **Filtered** that was going on behind closed doors, that the Admin/owner and creator was getting away with. If that grants me the titled of **Filtered**, jerk, noob, crybaby, then so be it. I went all in for what I saw as right and just, something most of you can't even fathom.
Sol
Forum Addict

Keep it on topic lads.

Bromas, while it didn't seem to harm anyone nor was technically cheating, it was still exploiting the system.
Whilst it isn't completely defined in the rules (that you can't talk about circumventing or exploitation thereof), it's sort of implied, and hopefully will be explicitly mentioned.
As everyone has said so far :P

As for Juliette's attitude...she wasn't really disrespectful, if I'm not mistaken she did talk to Agapooka about it. But she was blunt and to the point, nothing wrong with that really.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”