caprila

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: caprila

Jack wrote:If you really really want that, I guess we could make it policy that I start handing out all the warnings for GC. But you really, really don't want that. I am predisposed to handing out multiple warnings at a time, like candy. Then people get banned, and my banhammer is all rusty and tends to malfunction causing people to be banned for longer than intended. :smt105
I really like this idea. Better yet, Jack can be the section head, with me helping him out as section mod. Then we have a contest to see who can get the most people banned for breaking the rules. Because clearly neither Jack nor I actually have any ingame allegiances and clearly can't be biased against any one particular alliance. Just those abusive trolls who like to cry out at "allegiance bias" when there is none.

Unless Jack has become a major player of this game while I've been gone. Then I totally retract the above suggestion.
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
EbilCC
Forum Addict
ID: 0

Haz wrote:Are you arguing whether the warnings are valid, or are you arguing that Caprila was the one to give the warnings?
both

If robert was a mod in vacation we all know hes still DDE caprilla warning DDE members he warned me makes it invalid due to bias percevied or real. the fact is caprilla is biased and warned me also twice for things so

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

[9:28:51 PM] robert_paul97: cc is the best

Teesdale: ive been farming all day and havent repaired MS
so CCs little cant blew through my shields (worry)
EbilCC
Forum Addict

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Jack wrote:If you really really want that, I guess we could make it policy that I start handing out all the warnings for GC. But you really, really don't want that. I am predisposed to handing out multiple warnings at a time, like candy. Then people get banned, and my banhammer is all rusty and tends to malfunction causing people to be banned for longer than intended. :smt105
I really like this idea. Better yet, Jack can be the section head, with me helping him out as section mod. Then we have a contest to see who can get the most people banned for breaking the rules. Because clearly neither Jack nor I actually have any ingame allegiances and clearly can't be biased against any one particular alliance. Just those abusive trolls who like to cry out at "allegiance bias" when there is none.

Unless Jack has become a major player of this game while I've been gone. Then I totally retract the above suggestion.
jack used to play in game so he may dislike certain alliancesi have to research to find out who he fought etc as well i dont have the memory at the moment to recall

SJ MENTAL "I have no idea why they would ban you cc you add so much to the community at large"

The Doctor
Time Lord
Race: Time Lord

Honours and Awards

Field Marshall wrote:It has been policy that in order to show that there is no bias of mods currently at war with those that they are warning that it would be left to someone else.
Caprila wrote:SGW is a great game, but it's one I've been gone from, in all capacities, for a couple of months now. Former alliances, former wars.. former 'games', don't usually hold weight in accusations of moderator bias.
Formerly known as Haz

Nine out of ten doctors recommend going to an amusement park this weekend.
The Tenth Doctor doesn't want to go.
Spoiler
CC Leader: n haz thsi time it wasnt ur fault
Bralor wrote:hey haz how long do you estimate until someone blames you and masses HVE again?
Field Marshall wrote:On a seperate issue - where is Haz? He's the glue we really need right now!
SuperSaiyan wrote:I'm a staff member so naturally I'm used to unjustified abusive commentary, so really I don't mind ;)
Zeratul wrote:
Ĕɱƿŷ wrote:So I heard that when becoming a moderator you are subjected to hours and hours of "The Forum is good, the Forum is great, we surrender our will as of this date".

that is incorrect... nothing resembling prostration...

Forced labor on the other hand........ :sge
SuperSaiyan says (2:04 PM):
*that was kernal potter
*colonel
*wow I just made that typo

SuperSaiyan says (2:05 PM):
*no one will speak of this
*or I take muff's veggies away
*and he starves
Hope says (2:59 AM):
*hypothetically, how bad would it be if i descended someone... but forgot to Godquest them first, and they're active, and in an active alliance...
Hope says (3:00 AM):
*hypothetically...
Murris says (3:00 AM):
*ah **Filtered** why am i descended....
Angnoch Freddie says:
i hate being a mod...
i just wanted the blue color XD
EbilCC
Forum Addict

doesnt matter haz if hes been in the game for years he will have grudges #-o

Sol
Forum Addict

M.I.A wrote:doesnt matter haz if hes been in the game for years he will have grudges #-o
Then the whole idea of not modding threads you or your alliance is focused in, to stave of 'bias' warnings, is nullified.
If a mod plays for a day, a week, a year, it doesn't matter, they would always be susceptible to disliking some people, alliance based or not. Hell, if you want to get into it then we should force all staff to not mod any thread that contains players in they show the slightest dislike to. After all I know some staff are sick of certain users, regardless of in game dealings.
Fact is, you're starting to get into the technical stupidity side of the argument, where the original idea is for mods to have the self-awareness to not get involved in threads that would draw a fine line between their ingame dealings and their objective modding. In my opinion this is far far far from law on the forum, sure it would be if there wasn't an oms section, but there is, ergo 'no harm done'.

This doesn't automagically mean any warning given out is wrong if the warn-er hates you or is in the alliance you're against. As it seems with this thread. So I just see another person complaining about another mod because they got a fair warning and it's from the same mod and bla bla bla and yes robert you're going to sit on the person even though they're on vac and yes we all know you will probably quit...again.
Field Marshall wrote:
Sol wrote:It's not going to destroy your life :P
Really?
I think this is sig worthy in fact.
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie
Alliance: jaded empire
Race: fighter

Sol wrote:
M.I.A wrote:doesnt matter haz if hes been in the game for years he will have grudges #-o
Then the whole idea of not modding threads you or your alliance is focused in, to stave of 'bias' warnings, is nullified.
If a mod plays for a day, a week, a year, it doesn't matter, they would always be susceptible to disliking some people, alliance based or not. Hell, if you want to get into it then we should force all staff to not mod any thread that contains players in they show the slightest dislike to. After all I know some staff are sick of certain users, regardless of in game dealings.
Fact is, you're starting to get into the technical stupidity side of the argument, where the original idea is for mods to have the self-awareness to not get involved in threads that would draw a fine line between their ingame dealings and their objective modding. In my opinion this is far far far from law on the forum, sure it would be if there wasn't an oms section, but there is, ergo 'no harm done'.

This doesn't automagically mean any warning given out is wrong if the warn-er hates you or is in the alliance you're against. As it seems with this thread. So I just see another person complaining about another mod because they got a fair warning and it's from the same mod and bla bla bla and yes robert you're going to sit on the person even though they're on vac and yes we all know you will probably quit...again.
i still wait a answer from you mister admin
the magic ETL upgrade in ascend ;) 3 years ago
caprila is in vacantion like always is a war in server
and is a dde traitor like katsumoto is easy understand why fight dde on forum
watch for what i got the 2 warning :smt043 what rules i don.t respect ?=??

1 i can.t ask sol to stop feed his friends in ascend ?
2 i can.t ask to ceck multie with 5 account? (krisnik 666 is ex omega;) )slovenian .....
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Haz wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:It has been policy that in order to show that there is no bias of mods currently at war with those that they are warning that it would be left to someone else.
Caprila wrote:SGW is a great game, but it's one I've been gone from, in all capacities, for a couple of months now. Former alliances, former wars.. former 'games', don't usually hold weight in accusations of moderator bias.
~Wilco~ wrote: You will be in war with TAF for a while then rob if u insist on following this through afterall Caprilla is taf wether you like it or not.
Quoting is easy. Answering my question directly is harder.

I'll make it easy:

Code: Select all

Policy during last server war and subsequent wars was that a moderator would ask another moderator to issue the warning.

What changed, if anything?
Jack wrote: If you really really want that, I guess we could make it policy that I start handing out all the warnings for GC. But you really, really don't want that. I am predisposed to handing out multiple warnings at a time, like candy. Then people get banned, and my banhammer is all rusty and tends to malfunction causing people to be banned for longer than intended. :smt105
Good, that would presumably solve the issue. Good idea. Of course, when bans overrun, they get reinstated. Like always as requested :-"
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Sol
Forum Addict

R0B3RT wrote: i still wait a answer from you mister admin
Yes yes, and DDE harbors known cheaters. So what does this have to do with anything in this thread?

As for your warnings, I don't see them as unfair? You're obviously spamming and posting irrelevant replies to the topic at hand. For example, see above.
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

Sol wrote:
R0B3RT wrote: i still wait a answer from you mister admin
Yes yes, and DDE harbors known cheaters. So what does this have to do with anything in this thread?

As for your warnings, I don't see them as unfair? You're obviously spamming and posting irrelevant replies to the topic at hand. For example, see above.
irrelevant??? when a account is upgrade in 1 day with a miracle ](*,)

you talk in this mod because is not your game and jason don.t care what his workers doing
and don.t insult dde mister stuff off legends do it only with rob ;)
dde have a name in this game not like you ;)
R0B3RT
Forum Zombie

but this topic is not about you sol don,t spam ;)
we talk about the warning from caprila to dde
myself i got 2 without reason
Huxley
Forum Elder

Obey the rules set in place and you won't get hassled by mods. It's that simple.

Go around shouting abuse and being, for the better word, a pain in the arse is asking for their attention.
WARNING: This post may contain traces of dry wit and sarcasm. If swallowed you should seek immediate medical advice. Gatewars.com accepts no responsibility for injury caused by taking any of this seriously.
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Not an appeal, but moderator feedback.
Moved.
Field Marshall
Forum Zombie

Juliette wrote:Not an appeal, but moderator feedback.
Moved.
Pssh.

Teachers pet, bought her the promotion, brought her the silence.

WP Cap, WP.
Sol wrote:
Field Marshall wrote:
Really?

:o my first sigging. I sigged you too. <3
High Empty wrote:however people shouldn't have lvl 33 and 200mil spies and try to be in the top 10, it's unhealthy.
Jack
Evil Reincarnated
Alliance: The Empire
Race: Dragonborn
ID: 6475

Field Marshall wrote:
Jack wrote: If you really really want that, I guess we could make it policy that I start handing out all the warnings for GC. But you really, really don't want that. I am predisposed to handing out multiple warnings at a time, like candy. Then people get banned, and my banhammer is all rusty and tends to malfunction causing people to be banned for longer than intended. :smt105
Good, that would presumably solve the issue. Good idea. Of course, when bans overrun, they get reinstated. Like always as requested :-"
There will be no reinstating those bans. Only ones with the power to do it would be me or Jules and both of us would be too lazy to bother unbanning trolls anyway. :-"
Ya'll acting like you know what monster is
Me have 25 years in the monster biz
All monsters think you can fuss with this
Well you can talk to me Snuffleupagus
Me sneak into your house, me leave before dawn
Your daughters will be pregnant and your cookies will be gone
Malx wrote:Make kids not cancer!

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”