Rants

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Forum
Site Admin

Honours and Awards

Rants

yup. rant away....
Don't make me use this!!!
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite
Race: Vulpes
ID: 75697

Re: Rants

I'm so much better looking than Jason. Even my avatar is cuter. Granted, he has that whole "name-in-gold-thing" going for him but that's just his way of compensating for a lack of... color... elsewhere in his life.

Revolt my brothers and cast off this lesser God! Fear his golden color no longer!

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable." John Fitzgerald
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Jack wrote:I'm better lookin the you Mr Hood 8)

Nah, I was drawn to be cute. That whole "blood-dripping-from-my-mouth-and-oversized-teeth" look is sooo last season.
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

and this is a rant against the mods..... ?

please don't spam the new sections. they were put in for an intended purpose. Not for spam. Or they'd be in the Temple of Moose. And they arn't.
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

Ok, I got a little off topic, but...

Jason is the head moderator, right? Kind of how Santa is the head elf? Can we rant against Jason as head moderator?
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

RobinInDaHood wrote:Ok, I got a little off topic, but...

Jason is the head moderator, right? Kind of how Santa is the head elf? Can we rant against Jason as head moderator?

Freedom of speech and all that Mr Robin, I don't see why not, as long as you keep yourself from being a WUM with the spam and all ;)
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Since this discussion arose in the wrong thread (the rave thread) and I know it will be edited out, I am posting it here:

Rienna wrote:Topic Cleaned....

Do all be good boys and girls now.... I'm not afraid to lock a topic Forum created if all it's gonna be is bickering

geisha wrote:cleaned = removed everything you don't want to hear?

What most of the mods sadly don't understand is, that moderating doesn't mean censoring content and forbidding opinions but keeping things civil.

But what is civil should also be healthy, and at least have some basis. General spillages of spam are useless as you know, hence, Rienna tidying them up. This section is as good as the Temple of Moose down there if people do nothing more than post rubbish. Makes sense to me, and I know it makes sense to you ;)

geisha wrote:and what exactly makes this all spam?

Forum starts a topic where you can say something nice about mods. I used it to say, buck is almost God. Which is a nice thing to say if you ask me. Forum mods reply to it and use it to disrespect a player of the game and a former admin. (on an interesting note, you did not remove those posts.)

I pointed out that I don't think, this is what this topic was meant for. And that again was classed spam and needed to be "cleaned":

homer1475 wrote:pffft it would be more like:

Pookie > Buck > anyone > EtL :D

Eriond wrote:Pookie > homer > buck > anyone > Etl :D

Zeratul wrote:btw, it is closer to this:
Forum ≥ Pookie > buck > RPers > anyone > Etl

geisha wrote:The behaviour of the mods in a thread that is meant to actually say something good about them speaks volumes, it really does. Way to lead by example, fools. Now, how about you actually do your job and rename this topic to something like: "a mod pissing contest"

Zeratul wrote:how about you not try to get topics made by Forum himself renamed?

geisha wrote:How about you respect your boss and start with respecting the purpose of this topic instead of just being an idiot?

Bazsy wrote:how about you go to have some box/kick box, etc training where you can ground your tensions. With that big quantity of problems you need to deal with every day you will end up heart attacked, and we don't want it, do we? 8)

geisha wrote:and what kind of problems exactly do I have to deal with every day? I can't think of any. Or is that comment just another way of you leading by example and showing what respectful behaviour you are capable of?

and some more thoughts on the matter:

[00:24] geisha: I am right though with my post in the mod feed back or am i not?
[00:24] Rob: You're in the wrong thread.
[00:24] Rob: That was the rave thread.
[00:24] Rob: You should be posting in the rant thread.
[00:25] geisha: I know and I did start with a rave, then three different mods posted in a disrespectful way about a player in it
[00:25] geisha: which is wrong
[00:25] geisha: entirely
[00:25] Rob: So go **Filtered** about it in the right thread.
[00:25] geisha: and modding that topic would mean: split the posts off
[00:26] geisha: not remove my posts
[00:26] geisha: and leave the disrespectful posts made by mods
[00:26] Rob: Meh, they are acting silly...just go complain in the rant thread.
[00:26] Rob: Or where you can get a second opinion about a mod action...that thread maybe.
[00:28] Rob: Either way, you're just talking to a wall.
[00:28] geisha: I know
[00:28] Rob: Do you really think your posts are going to effect change?
[00:28] geisha: nope
[00:28] geisha: not at all
[00:29] geisha: I've been a member of the mod team long enough to know that nothing will ever change
[00:29] Rob: The forums are over-modded. Does that matter so much in the grand scheme of things?
[00:31] geisha: It does not matter to me personally but I have always been interested in the community and was trying to help where ever I could. Which also meant that I didn't shut up and pointed things out when they were handled poorly. That's why I eneded up having more enemies than friends. People just don't like criticism as it means you actually have to think about things, pull your finger out your ass and change things.
[00:32] Rob: The usual reaction to criticism is defensiveness.
[00:32] geisha: yup

Posted Edited for a very simple reason: Please do not quote any member as saying something they didn't. I removed where it said I said something I didn't. Thank you, come again. ~Rie
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

generaloneill
Forum Regular
Alliance: lone wolf
Race: Tollan
ID: 6258

I wear boxers.
q3utom
Fledgling Forumer
Race: NanoTiMaster
ID: 13871

Threads being locked. I personally feel that a thread should never be locked. If it is too offensive it should be just deleted. Otherwise it will just let itself die out as there is nothing else to be discussed. Forcing an end is never good in my eyes.

Also off topic moderating, threads will deviate over time. That is how discussion works. They will either get back on track or just die. There is no need to come down on people with the threat of a lock!

But that is how I have run forums in the past 5 years and it has always worked fine and you of course can run yours how you want but this is for our opinion so ;)

q3
RobinInDaHood
Forum Elite

generaloneill wrote:I wear boxers.

That's hot.

On topic:

Some of the best forum threads of memory were those that went way off the path. Topics that get out of hand with overt hostility and/or if the author of the thread really wants his/her topic to stay on course, moderators should certainly intervene.

Otherwise, I don't see the real harm in topic drift.
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

the moderators seem to think its OK to be disrespectful the players, specifically in their tone of... typing? voice?.

In return, they expect full respect from the people.

WTH?
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

[AK]Mystake wrote:the moderators seem to think its OK to be disrespectful the players, specifically in their tone of... typing? voice?.

WTH?

I agree here 200%.

-Goodie
Quina Quen
Forum Addict
Alternate name(s): Diamond Dust

[AK]Mystake wrote:the moderators seem to think its OK to be disrespectful the players, specifically in their tone of... typing? voice?.

WTH?

Don't you think that is a bit of an over generalisation? Sure the bold and italic font might seem irritating to some, but at the end of the day there's a job to do. If you wouldn't mind offering up examples/quotes, from where you think a moderator has been disrespectful to you or other players then please, do.
The ascended entity formerly known as Diamond Dust
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

Diamond Dust wrote:

WTH?

Don't you think that is a bit of an over generalisation? Sure the bold and italic font might seem irritating to some, but at the end of the day there's a job to do. If you wouldn't mind offering up examples/quotes, from where you think a moderator has been disrespectful to you or other players then please, do.

Just check most of Teal'auc's posts. They're full of it.
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

lol

just mass the mods they get rebuilt for being a mod by forum as it seems so

there free game now :D

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”