moderators

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Envy
Forum Elder
Race: System Lord

moderators

This is a suggestion and it's completly fits here.

When I readed the stuff thats was going on in some other threads it came to my knownlegde the "Moderators" now

doesn't like to moderate the community anymore cus of to much so called hate against them. They arent so motivated to do their moddings and wanne get payed for the couple of times they "Edit,Delete,warn, etc etc"

so if they are really that tired being mods why not let others that ARE motivated worthed and no need to be payed to do the job.

Also with the statement for the so called "Trolls" is sumething uncalled for if u can't take the treuth than dont mod ... if u can't handle being massed by a ingame player for forum isseu's dont come here moaning about it like

the Admin stated in the convo Forum = Forum and Game = Game those arent linked ...

anyway why arent the meetings been seen by the community ... cus like I mentiont thousands of times without a community their isn't a forum ...

let their be sumething official discussion why mods need to be payed and why not.

my oppinions and those of others are the same.

a) Why do u deceive the community ?
b) Why are u tired for modding the sections being appointed to u ?
c) Whats the good purpose to ignore the so called "Trolls" ?
d) Why do u deserve a payment for the modding ?
e) Why would a moderator have more rights to speak than a ussually user?
f) What will happen when u as mods can do whatever u please to do ?

now read all besides be honest for once and that was ment as sacrasism :roll:
Spoiler
7 sins : Envy , Sloth , Greed , Gluttony , Pride , Wrath , Lust.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Re: moderators

I doubt they will change their attitude. Look at the situation, the moderators who really cared about the community are being driven away or even removed from the mod team for having an opinion and speaking up.

The only way to change things would be to remove all mods and admins and make a new mod team. Maybe even let the community vote.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

geisha wrote:I doubt they will change their attitude. Look at the situation, the moderators who really cared about the community are being driven away or even removed from the mod team for having an opinion and speaking up.

The only way to change things would be to remove all mods and admins and make a new mod team. Maybe even let the community vote.

i'd be more up for the community choosing a panel of mods to vote for a new team. Because becoming a mod isn't a popularity contest, but its also not SOOO severe its like a full time job. A panel of current and former un-biased mods should vote on the new mod team.
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Envy
Forum Elder

geisha wrote:I doubt they will change their attitude. Look at the situation, the moderators who really cared about the community are being driven away or even removed from the mod team for having an opinion and speaking up.

u have the same thougt as I have ,... :)

new start = clean start
Spoiler
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen
ID: 0

the community shouldn't vote for mods, that places the most populated (and usually powerful alliances) in a seat of immense power (through co-ordinated voting etc) - so they would effectivly control the mods here.

I agree, there should be more ways to control how the moderators work and ensure that they are working as they should be, for the the community and nothing else - but they should not be chosen by the communty.

However, I think we should all stop being so negative and try and find a solution rather than just moaning.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
Envy
Forum Elder

That why I made the thread System Lord Nephthys

What can their be improved without they gain advantage above a normal user ?
Spoiler
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen

Privium wrote:That why I made the thread System Lord Nephthys

What can their be improved without they gain advantage above a normal user ?

wasn't refering to your specific post ;)

I really don't think anything of the moderation period can be 'improved' it's fine. It's just the way they are controlled needs to be more publicly controlled.

The Mods need to be ore powerful than 'normal' users, otherwise it defeats the point.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
goodie
Forum Expert

Privium wrote:

u have the same thougt as I have ,... :)

new start = clean start

And have a popularity vote? and those that didnt realise what they where in for leave, and we end up with less of a team than we started with?

Its never as easy as it looks, take it from someone who knows from experiance.

There is a problem, but removing all the mods? That wont fix anything, you will simply end up with a bunch of in experianced 'mods' who cant mod properly. At which point people will complain again, and the new mods wont know how to cope with it. They will get fustrated, more will leave. And so on.

Give the mods some thanks, some appreciation, look at it from their point of view. They mod these forums, and mostly get abuse. If they do it badly, they get flamed, if they do it well they get ignored.

It would help if the "trolls" would stop trolling as such, and stop looking for every single crack.

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

-Goodie
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Just keep in mind when it started...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
goodie
Forum Expert

RepliJake wrote:Just keep in mind when it started...

Point and case.

-Goodie
Envy
Forum Elder

Mods here now ?

u saw it urself they wanted to deveive the cumminity with multi forum accounts lmao ... anyway thats not the point ...

what happens when glass is broken goodie would u lime it ? :) or would u buy a new one :) ...

Anyway their are Mods that do their jobs right ... dont get me wrong but their are some than doesn't even think twice before they punish someone and that isn't called perfectly modded :?

why getting people upset is by those meeting moderators need to find a way to fix the community and not from "Hi I deserve sumthing for my work"

if u catch my drift ... however I heard that idea from those MT has been burried ... so I really couldn't been bored about their Titel ingame if they wish they want one like that so be it ... ( althougt I dont like the outlook of it :lol: )

Solutions has to be made u can say all u want thing can be improved it alway's can as nothing is perfect ... and I for once do know theirs sumething fishy giong on :?
Spoiler
goodie
Forum Expert

No i didnt see, i havnt read the whole thread, and i doubt i will.

And how do we distinguish between the good and bad moderaters? what is good to one person is bad to another.

Yes something is wrong. No clearing the board all out will not fix it.

Trust me, you have no idea what its like to be a mod untill you are one.

-Goodie
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

Mods want to get payed :-s ...thats bloody pathetic. It is after all a voluntary position...im pretty sure if whoever owns this joint doesn't want to pay the mods, then well...drum roll please...

...They won't get payed! I have heard this argument about mods over and over again. People complaining the mods aren't doing a good enough job, or the current mods are the only possible people who could do the job correctly. Its all crap lol.
Just let them get on with sorting the forums fairly, editing posts and using their font styles. Sure they are going to mess up once in a while...but everyone does. Just think to yourself, 'Did their mistake make my life any worse...does my complaining about it make my life any better?'.
As for some of the current/previous mods who believe they are divinely gifted and the only ones capable of modding 'properly'...you are dispensable and there are plenty of people who have the ability to mod. They may not have the experience but every single one of you started somewhere and they can learn.

I have had enough of this nit picking rubbish. Let them do what they were elected to do and stop complaining
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

goodie wrote:No i didnt see, i havnt read the whole thread, and i doubt i will.

And how do we distinguish between the good and bad moderaters? what is good to one person is bad to another.

-Goodie

been there done that, It's hard unthanking work. But so is a war with Omega you don't see the FoE complaining. Or you DIDN'T see the FoE complaining. They lost. Kinda like the mods.
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
goodie
Forum Expert

Mr. Brown wrote:
goodie wrote:No i didnt see, i havnt read the whole thread, and i doubt i will.

-Goodie

been there done that, It's hard unthanking work. But so is a war with Omega you don't see the FoE complaining. Or you DIDN'T see the FoE complaining. They lost. Kinda like the mods.

Been there, doing that. And then some.

The Iron Duke wrote:Mods want to get payed :-s ...thats bloody pathetic. It is after all a voluntary position...im pretty sure if whoever owns this joint doesn't want to pay the mods, then well...drum roll please...

...They won't get payed! I have heard this argument about mods over and over again.

No they shouldnt be payed, sure a fancy in game title or sombe such isnt bad though.

The Iron Duke wrote:People complaining the mods aren't doing a good enough job, or the current mods are the only possible people who could do the job correctly. Its all crap lol.

Who ever said they arnt the only ones who could mod? I only said we would end up with a bunch of inexperianced mods, rather large difference.

The Iron Duke wrote:Just let them got on with sorting the forums fairly, editing posts and using their font styles. Sure they are going to mess up once in a while...but everyone does. Just think to yourself, 'Did their mistake make my life any worse...does my complaining about it make my life any better?'.

That thinking could be considered rather selfish.....

The Iron Duke wrote:As for some of the current/previous mods who believe they are divinely gifted and the only ones capable of modding 'properly'...you are dispensable and there are plenty of people who have the ability to mod. They may not have the experience but every single one of you started somewhere and they can learn.

So true.... I can almost garentee that ETL and Geisha wouldnt be complaining over a spare MT each week if they where still mods.

Edit: didnt ETL try to deceive us all with a forum multi? (Shaitin).

The Iron Duke wrote:I have had enough of this nit picking rubbish. Let them do what they were elected to do and stop complaining

Amen

-Goodie

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”