Something not right.......

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

Re: Something not right.......

indeed ....
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Rottenking wrote:so the fact the forum actually coded it didn't matter?

Yes forum did code it and yes it was in the database ready to be released last monday. However we can not decide what forum codes as its his game. We can however suggest to not do it aftre all and we did. Why? All of us still think ingame benefits shoudnt be there not even for us moderators. Yes it is said we wouldnt complain about some way of a 'salary' therfor we got our titles. The mt's we dont want. You can say now yes after you got discovered but i can say thats not the case. Not all discussions take plave in the mod place or on irc. We use MSN also to communicate with eachother. However apperently we deserved a ramp and the community is willing to give it to us. That's great as even mods are only humans and humans tend to make mistakes. I made mine i realise that now and in the last few days i made some comments that went way out of line. There is one person that can get an apology from me and thats what i keep by. The mod place is a private place where we discuss our oppinions on matters and seriously whats wrong with it. We talk there free and some comments have bin made about players. However realise that posts can be interprented the wrong way. If you really feel offended by a post ask the person in question how the post is ment to be read. Maybe it is time for some new blood to mod the forum. There are applications for everyone to sign up to. If you really think you are the one that can make a difference apply and i will be the first one to give you a chance. As for my appology the only one i appologise to is to Rhett. I made some comments in the heat of battle that i shoudnt have made therefor i appologse. Its up to Rhett to accept it or not. He massed my ingame and im fine with that as its just a simple reflection of me. I can not choose the path Rhett has planned for me in the game but we will see that eventually im sure. The community is still a great community as it is. They fight eachother when they are bored but when **Filtered** hitst he fence friend and foe backs eachother up as its supposed to be. My upmost respect for that. I also state honnestly that my time left in this forum is maybe close to ending. I am still thinking of what to do. Many want me to resign many want me to stay. However it will be a choice i make myself and after discussion with players from the community and discussion with my college's of mods i will make a dessision. However one think is crystal clear. My ingame account will be soldassoon as i can find a buyer and wether i stay here or not is still a vague splitting path in front of me. One thing i ask though and you may respond to that as you wish. Think about the current mods. Think of all he good things and the bad things hey did for this forum and ask yourself the question. Do you really want them to resign over a stupid update that eventually was refused? Just my two cents
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

FS you have yet to admit that Rhett's ban was wrong.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
Race: System Lord
ID: 82082

here is what i think:

as much as i have disliked rhett in the past, he still outed a update and i believe that was why he was banned.
some mods say they never wanted the update, and this is most likely true, in come cases, but i still wonder, if it wasent outed would you of still got it, and even 1-2 mods used it...thats still wrong!

i think this has come at a bad time, tension has been high with the community against the mods. this has only escalated things

but the things that annoy me the most, is the talk of forum multi's and making a post and then changeling the author
even if said in jest, how can the community believe it?

now granted...ALOT of whats happened and how its escalated has been because of manipliation , and taking things out of context, BUT.. i think from reading the IRC convo we can see that the mods were not entirely innocent...well not all of them...their are some i wont name who i have alot of respect for (even tho i have probably never talked to them)

on a side note, me personally (this is my belief so please don't criticize me on it please)
ETL should be unbanned, and given a public apology, i think that the reason he is being "difficult" as some might say is because he was called a lier about something that wasent a lie, and got multiple warnings for sticking up for himself
granted he went a little overboard but still...
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
ID: 21763

RepliJake wrote:FS you have yet to admit that Rhett's ban was wrong.

It was not wrong, he broke however many forum rules resulting in his ban, dosnt matter how close together the warnings were, he broke the rules, he got punished. He was Head admin for however long, and probably helped write half those rules, if he was ignorant of the rules he should never have been admin let alone mod in the first place. Its like a cop, killing 3 people, then saying that 2 shouldnt count cause they werent warned after the first one, and that they didnt know it was against the law.

The ban was completely justified.
RepliJake
Forum Addict

LMAO at your comparrison, yeah that's completely what it's like... and you obviously haven't heard the whole story.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen
ID: 0

RepliJake wrote:LMAO at your comparrison, yeah that's completely what it's like... and you obviously haven't heard the whole story.

Then tell him instead of flaming him.

If the whole idea WAS to show the mods for the ebul mazterz of teh unizerz then why not tell teh whole story instead of the bits you (one) wants?

OR

Take it somewhere private if you don't want to say the entire story.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
Vendetta
Forum Elite

The comparison is good enough for people to understand the point behind it, and is only there for those duller ones who wouldnt understand without it. Im not going to spend more than 10seconds thinking of a better comparison just to keep you happy Jake.

However I love how thats all you could get out of my post, rather than your usual stupid excuse of why Rhett is innocent :lol:
RepliJake
Forum Addict

System Lord Nephthys wrote:
RepliJake wrote:LMAO at your comparrison, yeah that's completely what it's like... and you obviously haven't heard the whole story.

If the whole idea WAS to show the mods for the ebul mazterz of teh unizerz then why not tell teh whole story instead of the bits you (one) wants?

OR

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph

I have told the whole story several times...
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
RepliJake
Forum Addict

Vendetta wrote:
RepliJake wrote:FS you have yet to admit that Rhett's ban was wrong.

It was not wrong, he broke however many forum rules resulting in his ban, dosnt matter how close together the warnings were, he broke the rules, he got punished. He was Head admin for however long, and probably helped write half those rules, if he was ignorant of the rules he should never have been admin let alone mod in the first place. Its like a cop, killing 3 people, then saying that 2 shouldnt count cause they werent warned after the first one, and that they didnt know it was against the law.

The ban was completely justified.

If you want a valid comparrison, it's like a 3 strikes and your out rule, as in you get done 3 times and then you're for it, you get brought to court for the first time for 3 counts of shoplifting and you get the death sentence.
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
Mathlord
Forum Zombie
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
Race: Tollan
ID: 12759

We know the entire story and believe me, ETL deserved the ban one hundred percent. If you don't like the rules of the forum, use places like this to discuss changing the rules, not break the rules and complain that they aren't fair after you get banned.

Oh and Jake, you know that analogy is inaccurate. ETL violated the rules...he was warned. So ETL violated the rules once again and was warned. Finally ETL violated the rules a third time and was banned. Just because they happened close to eachother is meaningless. It's like a guy robs a bank and gets a warning...then goes out and robs another bank after leaving the courthouse and gets a warning...then robs a third bank after that and is locked up for 7 days. Although, if that's all the penalty for bank robbing, I think I'm going to move there.

Look, we're going around in circles here...I doubt any of us are going to change our opinions so why don't we all just settle down and watch some college football. Notre Dame is going down!
Spoiler

13:38 General Zeus Sabotage Repelled 377,977,330 details

The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 305,393,963,879,000 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 4,635,986 of Mathlord's troops.
---
The forces of simpson_eh fought back with all they could, and managed to inflict 12 damage on Mathlord's forces!
They managed to eradicate 0 of Mathlord's troops.
System Lord Nephthys
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld Queen
ID: 0

RepliJake wrote:

OR

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph

You obviously havn't or there would be no dispute.

BTW - your fighting a loosing battle - the mods > you (wether its right or wrong) and your moaning and apprent (true or not) fanboi'ism isn't doign you any favours.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph
So Congratulations I Have Arrived I'm Nephthys and Im Shining So Bright!
GhostyGoo wrote:If you want phone sex key 555-SAD-7685

Gò.Óº°°
RepliJake
Forum Addict

RepliJake wrote:

OR

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph

You obviously havn't or there would be no dispute.

BTW - your fighting a loosing battle - the mods > you (wether its right or wrong) and your moaning and apprent (true or not) fanboi'ism isn't doign you any favours.

^--- Tru Storie!

~Neph

The fact that people are unable to read or remember it does not make the fact that I have told the whole story false, that's just idiotic.

Don't see how it's a losing battle either...
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**
Vendetta
Forum Elite

I have noticed Shaitan is back on the forum....

And i do so love the font in your sig math :-D
RepliJake
Forum Addict

Mathlord wrote:We know the entire story and believe me, ETL deserved the ban one hundred percent. If you don't like the rules of the forum, use places like this to discuss changing the rules, not break the rules and complain that they aren't fair after you get banned.

Oh and Jake, you know that analogy is inaccurate. ETL violated the rules...he was warned. So ETL violated the rules once again and was warned. Finally ETL violated the rules a third time and was banned. Just because they happened close to eachother is meaningless. It's like a guy robs a bank and gets a warning...then goes out and robs another bank after leaving the courthouse and gets a warning...then robs a third bank after that and is locked up for 7 days. Although, if that's all the penalty for bank robbing, I think I'm going to move there.

Look, we're going around in circles here...I doubt any of us are going to change our opinions so why don't we all just settle down and watch some college football. Notre Dame is going down!

Actually, if those rules actually were violated, he broke all of them before he got a single warning...
REK wrote:
I hate **Filtered**

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”