Something not right.......

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds
ID: 0

Something not right.......

Is anyone else angry with this while situation ?

http://www.omegaallegiance.com/modrewards5.htm

This thread page really brings to the front the issue at hand.

Rather than fix the problem by talking to the players and fourmgoers, they plan to just blame Tok`ra and 'burn' him, whatever that means..... prolly even more left handed actions by the forum staff.

In the same thread, but a different page, the mods even discuss using forum multi accounts to start a thread in favor of their program, and even go as far as saying they'll start it in the dump, then edit an inactive account as the starter of the thread, hows THAT for honesty.

At least we can trust Tok`ra to be devious and such, he's just role playing his namesake.

But the mods, they're supposed to be the examples of what to do.... when it looks like they're just trying to be like Tok`ra...... execpt they seem to always get caught.

Another thing.... I remember one of the few good mod, so few left these day, Teal'auc, and other people too asking for more ascended race choices in main, since it not affect anything other than text.

They always are told no, but mods get extra MTs and custom tittle coded and put ingame, yet simple adding choice to option already in game is something that regular users dont get ?

So mods kick regular user, get free stuff, players play and fund the game, get kicked.

Is that how it is ?
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Re: Something not right.......

i actually didnt piece together the tok'ra thing...

:\
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
High Empty
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
Race: God's Left Hand
ID: 102803

who says they always get caught!
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant."
"Shut Up Features" -Replijake
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

good point..... and if theres this drama when they DO get caught..... imagine what they get away with.........
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
GeneralChaos
Forum Addict
Alliance: Omega
ID: 59627

Yea i mentioned that in the other post about it, the idea to get a forum multi to make the post, what makes you wonder now is, all these "game suggestions" and other random ideas, well how many of them are real players, and how many are the multi's....
Deep within Noob Cave, you find a strange pool filled with a glowing blue liquid. You think back to what your mother told you about unfamiliar liquids found in caves.

You're pretty sure she said "Drink it! What's the worst that can happen?"
Rottenking
Forum Expert
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 82082

GeneralChaos wrote:Yea i mentioned that in the other post about it, the idea to get a forum multi to make the post, what makes you wonder now is, all these "game suggestions" and other random ideas, well how many of them are real players, and how many are the multi's....

indeed
If you cannot convince them, confuse them.
- Harry S Truman
Winter Wolf
Forum Irregular
Alliance: Ancient Brethren/Owned
Race: Ancient
ID: 15469

GeneralChaos wrote:Yea i mentioned that in the other post about it, the idea to get a forum multi to make the post, what makes you wonder now is, all these "game suggestions" and other random ideas, well how many of them are real players, and how many are the multi's....

Very true. Although on the plus side, my respect for Bad Wolf has reached uprecedented heights! Absolute legend mate :)
Rottenking
Forum Expert

Almost38 wrote:and even go as far as saying they'll start it in the dump, then edit an inactive account as the starter of the thread, hows THAT for honesty.

[quote='GeneralChaos']Yea i mentioned that in the other post about it, the idea to get a forum multi to make the post, what makes you wonder now is, all these "game suggestions" and other random ideas, well how many of them are real players, and how many are the multi's....[/quote]

just need to clarify something ( altho i agree with the mods being idiots sometimes and what they did was wrong)

i have to say, that the mods only recently have been able to change the name of the person who posted, as its only a feature in phpBB 3
- Harry S Truman
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

that thing about burning tok'ra was plain old mod spam... it was never meant as a real thing to do...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Rottenking
Forum Expert

Zeratul wrote:that thing about burning tok'ra was plain old mod spam... it was never meant as a real thing to do...

but see the thing is, from some of out points of view.
a few mods (not naming names) tried to lie about the 4th MT you WERE going to get.
so how can we believe that it was a joke?
now im not saying all mods are liers as thats a overstatement...but the cover ups have taken away our faith in the mod team... and so you guys gotta put up with the "trolls" for a bit longer while we vent

well thats my views on it
- Harry S Truman
Rienna
Really Rienna :p
Alliance: T I T α N S
Race: Tollen
ID: 91926
Alternate name(s): La Reine Du Chaos

Zeratul wrote:that thing about burning tok'ra was plain old mod spam... it was never meant as a real thing to do...

Indeed. On this I truly have to apologize. The sad truth that I'm almost ashamed to admit is that, while I did post the "burn tok'ra" comment, I truly had no idea what was being discussed. No word of lie.

I was homeless with no internet, as many people know, for 3 months. I had just settled into my new house and gotten internet when I went onto the forums, I didn't have alot of time so I didn't really read anything. I posted in a couple threads I had my eye on (like my goodbye thread) and curiousity made me click this thread. I read the part about judochop being connected to tok'ra, and spammed the thread.

Tok`ra - msg me if you want the mods IDs ingame. says:
btw, what did you mean by 'burning' me ?
http://www.omegaallegiance.com/modrewards5.htm heres thread page if you cant remember
Jaime(Rienna) says:
haha, the one post I posted on that thread when I popped in for two seconds
lol
its funny tho
pookie almost gets teh big picture
Jaime(Rienna) says:
I mean burn you... silly.. aka, I was spamming and I suggested burning you alive. I had no idea what the thread was about, I hadn't read the first 5 pages, I read the part about leaking information and judo being linked to you, laughed, and said "burn him!'
Jaime(Rienna) says:
it's a common response

It was uncalled for, and as such I apologize to Tok'ra. I didn't mean it, I do not wish him to truly be burned alive.

To the community: sorry for any misunderstandings in regards to that comment. I won't make a mistake like that one again. It was honestly a thoughtless comment.

AGAIN: I repeat: When I made the comment I did NOT know about the 4th MT or even the mod titles! I had been quit the game for almost a month by then. The comment was not some mod coverup or horrible planning, but a careless comment on the part of an uninformed person.
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Rottenking wrote:...
a few mods (not naming names) tried to lie about the 4th MT you WERE going to get.

You are wrong. It was NEVER going to happen. One example/case is below:

Bazsy wrote:
Bad Wolf wrote:I dont want to be the only one who says anything, If you all want rewards for doing something you asked to do be my guest. Ill have the benifit ingame but I wont use it. It isnt fair.

Shouldnt it go to a vote anyway ? Do we not vote in the Mod team anymore ?

And if it does go to a vote, we all know 99% of the votes will go the Reward way, but hey atleast we voted on it.

Atleast my 1 vote might make people think twice before jumping on a bang wangon which is heading for the edge of a cliff....

BW

Like I said, I think if one mod is against it, than we dont want it...
We didnt vote, cause noone was against it. But since I decided to drop it if anyone is against it, we will drop it I think. So why vote again?

However I think you get that idea bad, so a short msn convo would be good, if you can catch me sometimes.

http://www.omegaallegiance.com/modrewards3.htm
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
Rottenking
Forum Expert

so the fact the forum actually coded it didn't matter?
- Harry S Truman
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Spacey wrote:
Rottenking wrote:...

You are wrong. It was NEVER going to happen. One example/case is below:

Bazsy wrote:
Bad Wolf wrote:I dont want to be the only one who says anything, If you all want rewards for doing something you asked to do be my guest. Ill have the benifit ingame but I wont use it. It isnt fair.

Shouldnt it go to a vote anyway ? Do we not vote in the Mod team anymore ?

And if it does go to a vote, we all know 99% of the votes will go the Reward way, but hey atleast we voted on it.

Atleast my 1 vote might make people think twice before jumping on a bang wangon which is heading for the edge of a cliff....

BW

Like I said, I think if one mod is against it, than we dont want it...
We didnt vote, cause noone was against it. But since I decided to drop it if anyone is against it, we will drop it I think. So why vote again?

However I think you get that idea bad, so a short msn convo would be good, if you can catch me sometimes.

http://www.omegaallegiance.com/modrewards3.htm

You use the word "never" this is not true, it was going to happen, UNTIL BW threatened to quit over it and he was told not to let the door hit him on his way out and THEN some decided that if it was that upseting they would get it canceled.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
S T I
Forum Intermediate

Winter Wolf wrote:

Very true. Although on the plus side, my respect for Bad Wolf has reached uprecedented heights! Absolute legend mate :)

=D> hear hear
Red XIII wrote:Just blame Omega instead. Much easier than writing an entire paragraph about a problem.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”