why the mods REALLY made this section

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds
ID: 0

why the mods REALLY made this section

19:34] <adminHere> i still like the idea of a 'mod feedback' topic/subject to 'dump' the troll type posts regarding mods
[19:34] <Tealauc> well, they still may 'troll' anywhere on forums tho, and i bet they will.
[19:35] <adminHere> get it out of general and high visited areas. if ppl really want to get involved, they can go there

http://www.omegaallegiance.com/lastmodmeeting.txt
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Squeaky
Fledgling Forumer

Re: why the mods REALLY made this section

Jacen thats not kool, and here i thought u loved us

Nuto vixen
Forum Addict
ID: 0

stargatewarriors is probably the better option by the looks of things.

That was disgraceful.

/troll.

It's not a matter of luck; it's just a matter of time.
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

Im going to partially side with the mods on this one, why let threads like this (and we have seen how many have poped up in the last day or 2) clog up SGW general or any other area really? People can still make them, people can still post in them, still voice opinions etc etc, its just in a sub section. Its not like its an entirely new section shoved down the bottom of the forum where no one will look and you need to be granted access like ascended section. its a sub section, at the TOP of general, in clear view for all to see.

Its not like they have taken all the issues completely out of site, its just 1 extra click away, ohh, and thier all in the 1 spot to, so we can all rant and rave much more efficiently :-D
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

also, if you take a look, the mods do read posts here, and post replies... so we mods do read this section...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Teal'auc of the Void
Stubborn Tok'ra
Alliance: MaYHeM
Race: Tenno SKOOM
ID: 38133

We read it, however my main concern was that people lack totally civil ways to address this team. I personally am sick of those who jumped to bandwagon and now is throwing stones on whole team.

Were I know people would be reasonable and civil - I would be more than happy to talk to every single of you. But that's not the case. Just look at forums and what you'll see? It's really shame.

Teal'auc
Nothing but a whisper from past...
I like, totes need a nice signature. But I'm lazy to put one in. Just imagine one.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Well quite frankly, Teal'auc what do you expect? If the moderators were treating the forum users respectfully and would be more reasonable, I think the forum users wouldn't act like they do now.

But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Vendetta
Forum Elite

Every time I see you make a post like that Geisha, I think back to when you were a mod....and then i lol.
geisha
Forum Addict

Vendetta wrote:Every time I see you make a post like that Geisha, I think back to when you were a mod....and then i lol.

And what do you remember then? That I got in huge trouble for banning a user for calling me a **Filtered** several times on the forums and for sending me rude PMs in reply to my warning? Or that I got demoted as a supermod for pointing out how wrong that whole false respect movement was and how wrong it was to give some people more importance than others on these boards? Funny, the things I criticized were quite similar to that whole mod rewards 4th market turn thing.

But hey, if it makes you lol, you are welcome. Always pleased to put a smile on someone's face. :)
geisha

Vendetta
Forum Elite

I remember you disrespecting anyone and everyone that wasnt for whatever cause you were pursuing at the time. But thanks for making me laugh :-D
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Vendetta wrote:I remember you disrespecting anyone and everyone that wasnt for whatever cause you were pursuing at the time. But thanks for making me laugh :-D

Wow must be ALOT of it about then, care to dig up ONE of those incidents?
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Vendetta
Forum Elite

Not really...
geisha
Forum Addict

lol Jake, just search my posts. I am calling people names in every single one of them according to Mr. Vendetta. I am sure you will find plenty of disrespect in my posts. Oh and thanks for your understanding that Mr. Vendetta isn't doing it himself. He is a busy man you know.. and besides he doesn't have to prove anything. He can just state what ever he wishes. I am convinced he speaks the truth. Hey, why wasn't he recruited as a moderator yet? He'd perfectly meet the requirements.
geisha

Vendetta
Forum Elite

Your exactly right Geisha, for once I agree, even if it is sarcasm :) I dont need to prove squat to anyone to be able to laugh at all this :) And its not so much that im busy atm, just that im a lazy SOB most of the time :lol:

Oh and I hardly said all ;) im sure you've had your moments :)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

geisha wrote:Well quite frankly, Teal'auc what do you expect? If the moderators were treating the forum users respectfully and would be more reasonable, I think the forum users wouldn't act like they do now.

But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.

could you make a list of where the majority of the mods publically disrespect the forum users in general?

also, just as some information... at least 90% of the ideas brought up in the threads you have made public, have never, and will never be used...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”