why the mods REALLY made this section

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

Re: why the mods REALLY made this section

I'm trying to flatten a piece of wire by rolling a pencil over it. Its just breaking the pencil :(
The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate
Alliance: Nemesis Novus
ID: 1915260

Zeratul wrote:
Geisha wrote:But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.

could you make a list of where the majority of the mods publically disrespect the forum users in general?

Are you saying that it is fine for some mods to talk behind regular forum users backs rather than in public?...that is even lower than saying it outright. :-s
Destroyer of Worlds, Defender of Noobs, Dan Dan the Dustbin Man!
'
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

The Iron Duke wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
Geisha wrote:But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.

could you make a list of where the majority of the mods publically disrespect the forum users in general?

Are you saying that it is fine for some mods to talk behind regular forum users backs rather than in public?...that is even lower than saying it outright. :-s

no

for example, if you are in a alliance war, have you never said something disrespectful about one of the opponents to an ally in a private message or on a private forum? that is how the mod section was meant to be... private...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

lol
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

Zeratul wrote:
no

for example, if you are in a alliance war, have you never said something disrespectful about one of the opponents to an ally in a private message or on a private forum? that is how the mod section was meant to be... private...

:-k Erm don't you see the contradiction of what you just said?
'
Spoiler
geisha
Forum Addict

The Iron Duke wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
no

You really don't get it? I think it makes prefect sense. Let me try to translate it from mod to english:

Yes, we (the mods) did outright lie to the community about the ingame benefits we were demanding. Yes, we did call forum users jerks and trolls. Yes, we came up with some really great plan of posting some pro-mod propaganda using forum multies just to fool the community some more. But since we never did this all in public and you were never supposed to find out, it is almost like t never happened. Reality is what we tell you it is and only we know the truth and we are able to create rules at will to show you what's right and what's wrong, what's good and what's bad.
geisha

The Iron Duke
Forum Intermediate

:smt115

Oh! *Slaps head* Now I understand! The old what we don't know can't hurt us approach...sneaky

Anyway. All blacks are playing and then wales is so im off!
'
Spoiler
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

geisha wrote:
The Iron Duke wrote:
Zeratul wrote:
no

You really don't get it? I think it makes prefect sense. Let me try to translate it from mod to english:

Yes, we (the mods) did outright lie to the community about the ingame benefits we were demanding. Yes, we did call forum users jerks and trolls. Yes, we came up with some really great plan of posting some pro-mod propaganda using forum multies just to fool the community some more. But since we never did this all in public and you were never supposed to find out, it is almost like t never happened. Reality is what we tell you it is and only we know the truth and we are able to create rules at will to show you what's right and what's wrong, what's good and what's bad.

geisha, could you please stop using those terrible online translator programs?

that is nowhere near what we meant to say, and if you use the brain we're 100% sure you have, you know that... (if we had meant insult by the previous sentence, we would have used a number below 100%... so dont think this is meant as an insult...)

how many people can you find, that have never, ever said anything disrespectful about anyone, at any time in their life, both private and publically? (infants and newborns do not count)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
El TC
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

geisha wrote:

Spot on, nicely summarizes what went on and still is going on atm.
geisha
Forum Addict

well, now it sounds more like: "everybody makes mistakes but we are the ones who decide who will be punished and who won't."

One question though: if you weren't trying to excuse what happened with the fact that it was meant to stay private, what else where you trying to say with

that is how the mod section was meant to be... private...
geisha

REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

Some how I take your post Zeratull is as the "MODS" consider us the communtiy the "ENEMY"
with your little refrence

so what is this a prision guard mentality.... I been to prison and the guards get shanked for talking BS...

I think its about time for a riot..

or I could be all wrong

ID have to as my representaive RobinInDaHood to translate you speach better for me ;)
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Vendetta wrote:Every time I see you make a post like that Geisha, I think back to when you were a mod....and then i lol.

I remember her saying that the word respect was over used all over the forum. Good thing that doesn't happen anymore... :roll:

geisha wrote:Well quite frankly, Teal'auc what do you expect? If the moderators were treating the forum users respectfully and would be more reasonable, I think the forum users wouldn't act like they do now.

But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Spacey wrote:
Vendetta wrote:Every time I see you make a post like that Geisha, I think back to when you were a mod....and then i lol.

I remember her saying that the word respect was over used all over the forum. Good thing that doesn't happen anymore... :roll:

geisha wrote:Well quite frankly, Teal'auc what do you expect? If the moderators were treating the forum users respectfully and would be more reasonable, I think the forum users wouldn't act like they do now.

But instead (some) mods think it is perfectly acceptable to lie to the whole community, bend their own rules or just create new ones at will. Look at the mod thread and the chat log from the mod meeting. All I can see is a lack of respect, a condescending attitude towards forum users in general and quite questionable ways of "dealing" with problems.

Are you trying to point out that you are an idiot?
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Not at all Jake, but thanks for your kind words.

I am trying to point out that those who scream about double standards and everything else in this section, and threads in the general section don't really have a leg to stand on.

How can someone say a word is being overused on the forum, and then a month later have absolutely no problem in its use? It seems "funny" to me.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Spacey wrote:Not at all Jake, but thanks for your kind words.

I am trying to point out that those who scream about double standards and everything else in this section, and threads in the general section don't really have a leg to stand on.

How can someone say a word is being overused on the forum, and then a month later have absolutely no problem in its use? It seems "funny" to me.

Because there is a diference between "use" and "over use", I thought any idiot knew that...
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”