new forum mods/titles/roles

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri
ID: 0

Honours and Awards

Re: new forum mods/titles/roles

People will still complain though because:

a) it is relatively easy to deduce who the mods are (one way or another).

b) people will now claim that the mods can do what they wish with impunity (whether correct or not) - and remember, not all modding is done in the public eye, so it would not always be possible to tell if the modding was biased or not!

I find it strange that we never used to have this problem so much! What the reason is, I am uncertain - perhaps the mods have become more biased (although I don't think so - there is certainly less evidence of it now than there was earlier in the year!)? Or perhaps it has become far too easy to mass somebody if they dare to disagree with someone or (rightly) put them in their place? Whatever the reason was - there was never the need to force anonymity upon the mods (although it was always an option - i.e. the3rdlibra - a.k.a. GhostyGoo!), and doing so now is potentially more problematic than to give them the choice.

@ Chaos Mod 1 - I could take it up with Jason - however, I do not really see the point...
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Wolf359 wrote:People will still complain though because:

a) it is relatively easy to deduce who the mods are (one way or another).

b) people will now claim that the mods can do what they wish with impunity (whether correct or not) - and remember, not all modding is done in the public eye, so it would not always be possible to tell if the modding was biased or not!

I find it strange that we never used to have this problem so much! What the reason is, I am uncertain - perhaps the mods have become more biased (although I don't think so - there is certainly less evidence of it now than there was earlier in the year!)? Or perhaps it has become far too easy to mass somebody if they dare to disagree with someone or (rightly) put them in their place? Whatever the reason was - there was never the need to force anonymity upon the mods (although it was always an option - i.e. the3rdlibra - a.k.a. GhostyGoo!), and doing so now is potentially more problematic than to give them the choice.

@ Chaos Mod 1 - I could take it up with Jason - however, I do not really see the point...

It wouldn't have been easy to guess/find out who they are/were had they followed the instructions given to them, like JUST MOD the Forums, instead though, they, no, ot they, SOME of them just post, either rubbish, or complaints, basically spam. It's noot difficult, if you need to be on the mod account, you realise because you can't do a mod action unless you are on it, and it should be the only reason for being on the mod account.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Borek
Forum Addict

Mod accounts are pointless and annoying for both users and mods.

Posters don't like not knowing who a mod is so they will naturally want to find out. Mods can't even access the Mods forum without being logged into the mod account, half the time they don't even know who the other mods are when they discuss stuff on the mod board either.

As for the reshuffle then until the staff are held accountable for what they do then the posters will have zero respect for them. Expecting anything else is foolish, treat the posters like naughty children and they will hate it and probably start acting like they are expected to act, resulting in more forum strife and many people leaving.

In the last month we've had something like 10 mods leave due to the issues of staff not being punished for rule breaking and staff voting to have an extra MT for themselves.

So Jason if you really want to fix your mod team you need to address those key issues, because you've already lost most of your Mods over it and a lot of posters are bitter as hell over the way things seem to be swept under the carpet when they go wrong.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

the only reason i am abiding by the rules right now is that i don't want to get banned..... in the past i actually had respect for the mods because they made themselves known and where well known members of the community... not all of them popular but known for being unbiased and for the most part fair, the mods also had checks and balances to keep them fair albiet several former mods that i will leave nameless seemed to be pushing their own agenda..... it irritates me to no end that accountability is gone, i also feel that mod meetings should be made public knowledge and this be done with transcripts for public record.... in short i would say that a bad desision has been made here..... our HR guys seem to be unaware of conflict theory.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

thaltek... such things will change come november first...

the lack of identity is hard for mods to get used to as well... as you can see by the appearance of names like "moddess goddess", "mod of wisdom", "suggestive disorder", and so on...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”