Boarding warnings that I disagree with

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Boarding warnings that I disagree with

I'd like to fight these two warnings I've received;

Bazsy wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1035246.

Lieing (I can show you prntscr)
Disrespecting forum staff....

I believe a moderator breaking the forum rules calls for punishment equally in justice as it would be to a regular player; so I don't see how I lied either.

DaDigi wrote:The following is a warning which has been issued to you by an administrator or moderator of this site.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=101&p=1047138#p1047138.

6. Disrespecting any of the game or forum staff is strictly forbidden. If you have a problem with a moderator, PM an Administrator about it.

You've been advised on MSN that I am a male. I am not female. You've said it a few other times, and I've let it slide. Now, it's not funny anymore.

In context of the rule #6, disrespect means disagreement with a moderator over a specific moderator action... not over calling him a she or her a he. Isn't that kind of immature? That... and MSN isn't the forums. If I can't post MSN logs and expect punishment over the forums then advising me of anything over MSN should be null and void. That, and I still think you're a she from the way you were pms'ing
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds
ID: 0

Re: Boarding warnings that I disagree with

wow both the are total bs escpically the second one
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
Mystake
Forum Addict

whats total BS is dadigi is on vac mode ;)

(and we/she's protected from me through an NAP/Alliance not sure which one but i mean its omega<->dde... so nuff said)
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!

Good times ;)
#-o
Almost38
Forum Addict
Alliance: I am in your base
Race: killing your d00ds

lmao
zebism is the way of the furutre!
Spoiler
Rules of SGW
1.Mass
2.?????
3.PROFIT!
We Be Epic
The Xeno
n00b prophet

[OSL]Mystake wrote:Isn't that kind of immature? That... and MSN isn't the forums. If I can't post MSN logs and expect punishment over the forums then advising me of anything over MSN should be null and void. That, and I still think you're a she from the way you were pms'ing

Childish would be intentionally applying the wrong gender in a sentence that is already laced with spite. Whether those were your ulterior motives is up for debate amongst your fellow patrons, but if they were, and since this mod feels they were, Dadigi certainly had the right to warn you.

Rule #6 wrote:Disrespecting any of the game or forum staff is strictly forbidden. If you have a problem with a moderator, PM an Administrator about it.

Specific moderator action...? :?

---------------------------------

As for the first one:
I would like to give it some more thought; that thread is a mess. :P
REK
Forever Evil
Alliance: THE DARK DOMINIUM EMPIRE
Race: GOD ALLMIGHTY
ID: 666
Alternate name(s): THEY'RE NO STRINGS ON ME

MUAHAHAHA

leave my digi alone

misguided he is corrupted by mods :P
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

rofl, do I get this right? The reason for this warning was LYING?

That's just too funny. A few questions come to my mind:

1. Where's teh rule that states you have to tell the truth only on the forums?
2. How the hell are you ever going to find out what's true and what's not?
3. You are aware this is the internet?
4. Are mods allowed to lie about ingame benefits? ;)

Thanks for making me laugh.
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

geisha wrote:rofl, do I get this right? The reason for this warning was LYING?

That's just too funny. A few questions come to my mind:

1. Where's teh rule that states you have to tell the truth only on the forums?
2. How the hell are you ever going to find out what's true and what's not?
3. You are aware this is the internet?
4. Are mods allowed to lie about ingame benefits? ;)

Thanks for making me laugh.

The first part is only the evidence of the rule breaking.
Not to mention, If you attack the mod team until you push the limits, dont be suprised if you get warned after you call an administrator liar, and calling for banning him.

@geisha: IF you have no other intention than attacking the moderators or supporting other attackers, please leave the forum for good.
geisha
Forum Addict
Race: Pastafarian
ID: 65545

Bazsy wrote:@geisha: IF you have no other intention than attacking the moderators or supporting other attackers, please leave the forum for good.

I am not attacking anyone. I am only criticizing the way things are being handled here and mostly the fact that many moderators on here think they have the right to censor posts they don't like or think they can tell dictate people what to talk about and what not.

But yeah, actually you just proved my point again by showing your attitude "post what I want to read or get lost. Me forum admin has spoken."
geisha
touched by his noodly appendage

Bazsy
The Elder Admin
Alliance: -
Race: -

Honours and Awards

geisha wrote:
Bazsy wrote:@geisha: IF you have no other intention than attacking the moderators or supporting other attackers, please leave the forum for good.

I am not attacking anyone. I am only criticizing the way things are being handled here and mostly the fact that many moderators on here think they have the right to censor posts they don't like or think they can tell dictate people what to talk about and what not.

But yeah, actually you just proved my point again by showing your attitude "post what I want to read or get lost. Me forum admin has spoken."

No, but if all you posts are critics? Than what are you doing here? I mean, look around, all of the others are trying to get somewhere with critics. And eventually they calm down when they see things going more like their direction. What would calm you down? Or at least what would make you make some posts which is not critics? Answer me plz and Ill see what I can do.
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

Bazsy wrote:
geisha wrote:

No, but if all you posts are critics? Than what are you doing here? I mean, look around, all of the others are trying to get somewhere with critics. And eventually they calm down when they see things going more like their direction. What would calm you down? Or at least what would make you make some posts which is not critics? Answer me plz and Ill see what I can do.

What was this section created for, if not to criticize the mods? I know it was partly to take the heat off the mods in the more visited areas. Maybe you aren't satisfied that many users have found their way here.

Also, most, if not all, of geisha's comments seem valid. If she thinks the current moderator team isn't doing their job properly then this is where she can point things out.

As far as I know there is no 'unwritten' (apparently they apply as well, but that's another discussion) rule that if you give negative comments you have to give a positive one once in a while as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

P.S. In light of the new rules Forum is putting in tomorrow, maybe you start practicing. Don't try and scare users away
Spacey
Forum Zombie

KGC wrote:What was this section created for, if not to criticize the mods? I know it was partly to take the heat off the mods in the more visited areas. Maybe you aren't satisfied that many users have found their way here.

Also, most, if not all, of geisha's comments seem valid. If she thinks the current moderator team isn't doing their job properly then this is where she can point things out.

As far as I know there is no 'unwritten' (apparently they apply as well, but that's another discussion) rule that if you give negative comments you have to give a positive one once in a while as well. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Second Paragraph:
Forum said mods will be cycled in and out. If there is a problem with eh current moderator team after x days a virtually new team will take the helm.

I say x days because I don't know about length.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."
KGC
Forum Irregular
Race: Ancient
ID: 1986462

That's true, but that doesn't mean this section has no function any more
Mystake
Forum Addict

KGC wrote:That's true, but that doesn't mean this section has no function any more

And it doesn't mean my warnings don't stand anymore.

Good times ;)
#-o
Spacey
Forum Zombie

Well, I already send out a pm, but I'll add the response here.

I agree with you. There is function. Was just answering one question.

I think Bazy was suggesting to maybe give suggestions too.
"We few. We happy few. We band of brothers.
For those who shed their blood with me today
will always be my brother."

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”