A question about the cropped rules.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
SÅTÅN 666
Forum Addict
Race: System Lord
Alternate name(s): Ancient God Anubis

Re: A question about the cropped rules.

Co-Administrator wrote:
Nuto vixen wrote:Does this mean it is now ok for people to create forum banners/avatars/gifs/flash images that offend others, contain other player names, ridicule, make fun of others?

Why did you remove that rule?

I always thought that was a good rule to have...

Complain to those, complained about it... we really cant change rules daily as the community changes its mind...

why would we get rid of selling stuff for $$$ :shock: :shock: :shock:
Brdavs
Forum Elder
Alliance: The Legion
ID: 69113

Relying on "stretching of rules" is asking for trouble tbh... Ppl will never agree to the manner, argumentation, resoning etc. etc. when a rule gets streached to include their actions... Not to mention it`s against the very basic principles of modern "rule making" heh... meh I dont really care, it`s you that is gonna have to deal with the headaches that come with such lax approach and the fallback of subsequent "streaching" heh...
ImageImage For Rome!
Calibretto wrote: WIR SOLLEN *insert* AUSRADIEREN

Inserted part could be you!
311 [TA]
Forum Expert
ID: 0

also what u need to understand

some people do not want others to be able to intimidate or make fun of other alliances

others want to promote fear and try to intimidate

so those 2 groups will not agree

others will try to push the boundaries of the rules all they can, this has always been the case

so i believe EVERY rule was their for the explicit reason of some other person abusing it, in most normal forums people can be civil

like in my alliance forum for example

but in this forum people try to attack and hurt people and annoy people

first big knock out drag out war between 2 big alliances

will be what it takes to see how these rules hold up

because smart people will read them and realize something that is not in the rules........and they will push it............

seriously........im all for the rules being simplified..........but always realize why each rule was put their

i think its the TONE of things that should be main issue, give a few examples of things that would not be acceptable.......and remember in war, whenever one side does something meant to hurt, that side will consider it fine, the other will read the rules and see it as breaking them, so its a big Pandora's box mate

an example of when i learned about the sig rule and began to understand it

my alliance was fighting alpha in a war

i nicknamed it the battle for the land of oz........i put the ta logo on one side, and the alpha logo on the other, i felt it was fine..........

i learned u cannot put other alliance logos or player names in your sigs without their permission, then i came to understand without that rule how much people could abuse and hurt others..........and i agreed with it after i understand reason behind it
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil,
is good men do nothing.
*Much props to greenman for my wicked new sig, thanks G oh yeaaaaaaaaah! *
Brdavs
Forum Elder

And precisley cos we`re adults here and can find loopholes just to flip it to ppl a stance like that one may one day come back to bite you in the ass hehe... but whatever lol, more things to laugh at on this forum :)
ImageImage For Rome!

Brdavs
Forum Elder

But also if you want to be childish and try to see how many holes you can poke into the rules then perhaps the mods should in turn try and find as many rules they can poke holes in just to be able to ban whoever for whatever?

Having 20 rules infact limits me way way less than 5 with a note they`ll be "stretched" case by case m8. Personally I`d rather have my hand held than be left to the mercy of a annonymus big brother and his discression. It`s stretching that enables banning of whoever you want, not explicit rules... It`s common law sense. (and no I`m not shouting mod abuse I`m trying to make you see the doors for a) abuse and b)floods of whining/acusing/exploiting are well opened this way...

But hey when **Filtered** hits the fan you`ll get to call ppl "childish"... Sound plan lol... Especially on this forum heh...
ImageImage For Rome!

311 [TA]
Forum Expert

im sorry if I live in reality, and KNOW whats going to happen

just trying to point it out

please dont shoot the messengers
is good men do nothing.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

be happy that the loophole rule we suggested a few months back was not implemented... had it been, you couldnt have tried looking for loopholes...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

:? this forum is turning into a disaster....
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:If I'm wrong, then tell me exactly how they'll poke holes in the rules to allow them to do as you claim they'll do?

Also, I'm not stupid, I know people will try, but those that do should just get slapped and told to shut the hell up

I am not GOING to tell you how people will break the rules, or push them

but THEY WILL!

the first major war, you watch what happens, when people comb over the rules for what they can do.........

then people will go you cant do that, but then they will realize that the players can cuz what is being done is no longer in the forum rules

the ONLY solution is

to more forcefully punish people abusing things

like maybe inforce 1 month bans, then if they dont learn, permanent bans for people trying to upset others and push the rules

with the forums how they were, people could just push and push, worse that happens they have sig taken away, post deleted, blah blah,

maybe a week ban...........punishments need to INCREASE for people trying to wreak havoc
is good men do nothing.
311 [TA]
Forum Expert

Jack wrote:If you do not tell HOW I'm wrong and not simply THAT I'm wrong then your point is invalid....

As I said people WILL break the rules and they WILL be punished

My argument is NOT that people will/will not break the rules but that the rules regulate everything that needs to be regulated

BUT THEY DONT, and I do not wish to give any extra help to all the evil people that are going to try to push the rules.
is good men do nothing.
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

General Pain I wrote:
Nuto vixen wrote:If you have nothing important to say, don't post.

LMAO

So funny that YOU of all people said that Jess, given the tripe you spout on these forums...

Agreed
Trife
Forum Irregular

Jack wrote:If people wanna be childish and try and come up with ways around the rules then they shouldn't be posting here to begin with

THIS.
killtacular
Forum Addict

loopholes are for people who spill coffee on themselves sue the company in a big lawsuit cause their coffee was too hot and win thats why they put caution coffee hot . rules are spelled out for a reason not to be stretched to suit ones needs.

To the Co Admin: just because people keep murdering people doesn't mean change to law and take it out Thou shall not kill.

Its just shocking on what a little MT can cause huh.

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”