cold and drafty feeling.....

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

cold and drafty feeling.....

:? seriously with the new mod names out its kinda errie in here same feeling ya get when you are the last out of the office at night...... it feels almost cold....

i mean before you saw a name on a mod you had a fair idea who you where talking too and what kind of person they are. like spacey yha he can be a little out there, but with an emotional descripter for a name i suddenly have an idea who he is. now...... i just get that remote feeling, i mean i see a name like mod 3 and all i can't see a human face on the other end watching over us all i can think of is mod 3 which in perspective tells or gives no clues to the personality or humanity of the moderating user...

i guess what i am trying to say is that in order to make a community stronger taking names and faces away from the leadership may not be a good idea.. especially when it comes to getting a population to respect leadership...
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

Re: cold and drafty feeling.....

It's annoying because the moderators who give out bs warnings and throw their weight around can no longer be held accountable for their actions. Having anonymous, unidentifiable people in positions of power is almost always a bad thing.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
Castiel
Forum Expert
Alliance: DDE
Race: Angel
ID: 10351

Mordack wrote:It's annoying because the moderators who give out bs warnings and throw their weight around can no longer be held accountable for their actions. Having anonymous, unidentifiable people in positions of power is almost always a bad thing.

Agreed.
What's it feel like? Took the wrong route
Watch it fall apart now you're knockin' at the wrong gate
For you to pay the toll, a price for you alone
The only deal you'll find, I'll gladly take your soul

Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve.
Tanith
Forum Regular
Race: Ancient
ID: 86581

I have to say I agree, I really liked knowing who I was talking to as far as the forum staff. On the other hand, I see where Forum came when he made this idea and I can understand why its happening. It gives a strong level of protection to the staff member. I hope some day we can return to knowing who the mod is as it gives a face to the admin/mod team and that makes it easier to communicate with them. In reality this is the fault of a few angry people who have caused a stink and now the entire forum is changing as a result.
Mod Color
Bad Wolf
The Man Behind the Curtain
Race: System Lord
ID: 0

I also dislike the name issue.

I feel that when you are addressing an empty face, you simply cant respect it.

I know where the admin staff are coming from in there new plan, but I dont like it one bit. People will 'out' the mods one by one. So its pointless to be honest.

I know the Mods are ment to be different from there ingame personalities but its simply impossible to do so. You react in simler ways ingame and on the forums without thinking. The admin staff cant change human nature.

So it was always nice to see the way different minds react to different problems, and ive always enjoyed watching mods do that and I know others have to. So that is why I dislike the new system.

Bad Wolf
~squishie~
Exists to be Squished
Race: Vampire

I totally agree there with that bad wolf and i myself think the new system is a bit of a mess isnt exactly foolproof or any better than them just having their names.
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

Yep.
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

i had a feeling i wasn't alone in this thinking... the main reason is that as humans we naturally seek an identity to determine our place in the group take away the face of authority and all of a sudden ones respect is towards the others with names but not the authority. several threads have been locked where i nearly made an outburst because i didn't see reason to why this nameless individual locked it..... thal is not happy :evil:
Epic
Fledgling Forumer

I just wish I knew who General Pain I was.... :smt102 I have no idea who it could be...
Ultimatum
Fledgling Forumer

I can understand why this path was taken, but i still think it will make the forum mods feel too inpersonal and such.
Kjarkur
Spark of the Ori
Alliance: DDE - Leader
Race: System Lord
ID: 1909457
Alternate name(s): Kjarkur, JL, KJ

I can see good things and bad things about this.

If a mod is being fair and follows the rules, with same ingame and forum name. The player ingame he banned (for a good reason and after the rules) might get some revenge on him ingame. So now mods can follow the rules and be fair without worrying about their account at the same time.

And at the same time I see a flaw in this, which you have already mentioned. They could abuse their power and we wouldn't have a clue who it really was.

Regards,
KJ

p.s. not accusing anyone of abusing their mod/admin powers, I'm just pointing out what might/could happen in this situation.
There are no men like me. There's only me.
General & Battle Moderator
- > SGW Hall of Fame
- > SGW's Hero of the Year
- > SGW's Villain of the year 2010->
- > SGW's Most Missed Player of the year 2011->
Acronon
Forum Expert
Alliance: TOoC
Race: Human, whatareyou?
ID: 60798
Alternate name(s): Rhadamanthus, RhadamanthusOE, Kalor, Thurisaz & more than I remember

I see both points but have to say that everyone was pointing at this mod or that mod and saying that they were being biased all the time, now that they have no name we shall truly see who is being biased and who isn't.

I also think that the admins will now have to monitor the mods more to find out who is really working for the forum.

Plus, I think that without knowing who you are dealing with you can't expect to let things get by from knowing them and such.
Munchy
Forum Expert
Alliance: Tauri Alliance
ID: 60881

Dauntless wrote:I can see good things and bad things about this.

If a mod is being fair and follows the rules, with same ingame and forum name. The player ingame he banned (for a good reason and after the rules) might get some revenge on him ingame. So now mods can follow the rules and be fair without worrying about their account at the same time.

And at the same time I see a flaw in this, which you have already mentioned. They could abuse their power and we wouldn't have a clue who it really was.

Regards,
KJ

p.s. not accusing anyone of abusing their mod/admin powers, I'm just pointing out what might/could happen in this situation.

I agree on all counts. The events of the past 2 weeks have led to this. Forum is trying to solve two problems in one I think. 1. He is trying to protect his mods from ingame actions for their modding & 2. Encourage mods to be even more unbiased in their work, especially on fellow alliance members.

Of course it can lead to miscommunication, confusion, and even abuse. But really he hasn't been left with many better alternatives.

ID=60881
Boooby
Forum Regular
ID: 96133

You people can never be content and happy lol

Its like a fresh start....a change of mods....like everyone wanted :lol:

Whos who?!?
FREE THE BOOBIES (Sula nebouxii)
DaDigi
Forum Elder
Alliance: I hate all equally
Race: Tri-athalon
ID: 46811

not to be hatin' on Forum or Pookie, but this is what I think of the new mods.

DaDigi
Former Moderator for Market & Suggestions/Reports

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”