Keep Rule 10

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
J.S.
Forum Elite
Alliance: EPA
Race: Human
ID: 22325

Keep Rule 10

_Ancient God Anubis_

First may I say this to you. And to everyone else

Admin is covered by his Terms of Service Policy which clearly states

By playing, you agree to the following terms:

StarGateWars_Main comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by applicable law. The game or its owners or operators may not be held responsible for any disruption of service, loss of data, game play malfunction, or other events or conditions that are undesirable to the user, under any circumstances. There are no guarantees of the quality or consistency of service and is under no obligation to deliver such service.

The game reserves the right to ban, suspend, delete, or modify accounts at any time for any or no reason.

Now as my new job consists of Policy holding etc.. But this policy states that Admin can do whatever he likes with the game. So hence forth if he wants to make it so that no cash passes through HIS game without some kind of safety feature then he CAN and WILL do it.

As was explained in another thread, if you are scammed which does and will happen in a game like this, there is no secure methoed for Admin to ensure that you receive your goods.

Now lets use a past situation. Player discovers bug, creates 100 trillion naq in bits and drabs so admin doesn't see it. Also creates 100 million units again so it doesn't look suspicious. This goes on for maybe a month or two and all the time this person has been selling the illegal resources.

From Admin's perspective/logs the cheat has just been abusing the game and then "sending" it to his "friends". So naturally Admin removes bug, removes resources and possibly removes players involved.

Now there is where the troubles begin. Admin is stuck here now. Because he can not garuntee your safety hence why Rule 10 exists..

Removing this would mean that the game bows to a small minority of sellers who make a HUGE profit from the game.

If I where Admin I would immediately ban any player selling resources if I saw it anywhere on MY property. (Ingame, or on my forums) as I would be held liable for anything gone wrong.

Rule 10 is a good thing and I do not want to see it removed. If you want to sell your resources the safe way do what everyone else does and use a safe way of transfering the goods.

Personally I would use RED BLUE YELLOW GREEN 8) (you should know what website if you look at the colour scheme) :-D as that website CAN garuntee you get your money back if the person doesn't deliver to you.

Admin does have a safe metheod already for these kind of purchases and thats the black market ingame. However as you lot keep driving down your prices. Thus making this safe metheod pointless.

My whole point in this is, you lot want to make money off the game, for nothing. Its a free game. If you really REALLY want to make money off the game try convincing Admin to buy your resources for the black market and then have him drop the prices in there. Cos thats the ONLY way this should work from now on.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not drop Rule 10

Jamie
Back in my day, we massed you for disrespect!
quickshot84
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld
ID: 0

Re: Keep Rule 10

J.S. wrote:
Personally I would use RED BLUE YELLOW GREEN 8) (you should know what website if you look at the colour scheme) :-D as that website CAN garuntee you get your money back if the person doesn't deliver to you.

-_-" why do you have to be cryptic about it.... i have no clue :s

edit: oh and btw, agree with you 100%
Member of Ω Allegiance: 22/6/05 - 7/1/07
www.co-opp.net - because gaming was made to be fun [Clan OhnD, mcsA, mcOhnD!] - {CoD4/CSS/TF2} - #co-opp
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

the only way $$ trades would be safe, is if there were a 100% neutral 3rd party that ensures the safety of the deal (i.e. buyer sends $$ to him, seller sends naq, then the 3rd party sends the buyer the naq, and the seller the $$...)
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
J.S.
Forum Elite

Hmmm just had a meeting in work about fraud. (I'm on the fraud team now)

Anwyay, just informed us about how scams are made and esentially becuase Admin has that statement in place if you buy goods here froma third party they are NOT garunteed by anyone.

Not the adminstration team, not the people who sold it to you etc.. So if you buy anything in here, techinally the other person does not have to send you anything.

Also as well the person can NOT be banned if you send them money and they scammed you. However this of course is the admins decision as they CAN and WILL ban anyone they see fit.

If admin wants to ban me right now he can, he doesn't need to explain himself to me or anyone else. It is in the Terms of the Service policy statement that you DO agree to when you play the game.

So why you ask does Rule 10 exist?? It is for your safety and insurance. So that is why Rule 10 NEEDS to be there.

So if you are scammed the words TOUGH LUCK will come into play. There is nothing that Admin can or has to do to help you. And it is suprising that no real major scam has come along here.

Keep rule 10 as it is for YOUR safety!!

Jamie
RepliJake
Forum Addict
Alliance: JURY IS OUT MISTRAIL
ID: 5242

ANOTHER Job??????
WeaponX wrote:i quit the game, good luck trying to extort resources out of me you jackasses
REK wrote:
GunZ wrote:Eat me
I hate **Filtered**
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

that's not true, but you do have more chance getting your money back via said site than if scammed via cash trade here.
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
J.S.
Forum Elite

Rich™ wrote:Personally I would use RED BLUE YELLOW GREEN 8) (you should know what website if you look at the colour scheme) :-D as that website CAN garuntee you get your money back if the person doesn't deliver to you.

that's not true, but you do have more chance getting your money back via said site than if scammed via cash trade here.

Ok use Amazon so :)

And yep Jake, I work for Amazon.com covering the uk market, so when you order something from amazon and you can't find it im the guy on the other end. But now I deal mainly with fraud people. Basically I know more about legal policies now to make you give me resources from boredom :D

I'm working for the Fraud department for internet based scamming for Amazon. :-D I was picked cos of my "diplomatic" skills 8)
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

J.S. wrote:I work for Amazon.com covering the uk market, so when you order something from amazon and you can't find it im the guy on the other end.

so you're the one responsible when someone doesnt get the thingy they paid for?
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Agreed 110%

What really anoyed me is that _Ancient God Anubis_ seemed to be gleating over getting it changed as if he had power over the administration...

-Goodie
J.S.
Forum Elite

Zeratul wrote:
J.S. wrote:I work for Amazon.com covering the uk market, so when you order something from amazon and you can't find it im the guy on the other end.

Well actually all the Customer Service Agent's have that power, but I'm the guy they pass you onto to politely say BUGGER OFF and stop annoying the customer services :-D

LOL

And yeah AGA is really a n00b for the way he acted..
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Reitha

Honours and Awards

J.S. wrote:
Zeratul wrote:

Well actually all the Customer Service Agent's have that power, but I'm the guy they pass you onto to politely say BUGGER OFF and stop annoying the customer services :-D

LOL

And yeah AGA is really a n00b for the way he acted..

we wondered if you were the reason they didnt get it, not just the one who has to clean up the mess...

The Oncoming Storm
Forum Irregular

No question that Paypal/ebay will not cover you for virtual items. No point even asking them.

Surprised to hear that Amazon would cover virtual items, but if JS says they do then use them.
J.S.
Forum Elite

NDCDN wrote:No question that Paypal/ebay will not cover you for virtual items. No point even asking them.

Surprised to hear that Amazon would cover virtual items, but if JS says they do then use them.

Let me check that for you and get back to you..

BUT DONT QUOTE ME FOR IT.. Cos it might not be possible!!

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”