When deleteing a persons post.

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
buck
The Main Event
Race: Degenerate
ID: 16843

Honours and Awards

When deleteing a persons post.

Directed mainly at the mod who recently deleted my post in the "apply to become a mod thread" .

When deleteing someones post, it is generally considered polite to send them a PM explaining as to why there post was deleted, and issue a warning if needed. As apposed to simply deleteing it, and hopeing noone will notice.

Here endeth the lesson, Dont worry about thanking me, carry out your job with respect and courtesy to people, and they will respect you back, i am starting to comprehend why people where so agitated with the forum staff about these things.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
Runner up signature of the Year
Runner up most improved player of the Year
Runner up hero of the Year
Alliance war of the year (CIA vs COP)
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
Runner up Hero of the Year
2010-
Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Tekki)
Runner up Vendetta of the Year (Buck vs Darthudd)

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Missed and dear friends -
Too Many to count, but never forgotten.
Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: When deleteing a persons post.

buck wrote:Directed mainly at the mod who recently deleted my post in the "apply to become a mod thread" .

When deleteing someones post, it is generally considered polite to send them a PM explaining as to why there post was deleted, and issue a warning if needed. As apposed to simply deleteing it, and hopeing noone will notice.

Here endeth the lesson, Dont worry about thanking me, carry out your job with respect and courtesy to people, and they will respect you back, i am starting to comprehend why people where so agitated with the forum staff about these things.

*bows in respect to bucks knowledge*

See? you understand now, THIS is what we have to put up with, the few mods who do stupid things.

-Goodie
Trife
Forum Irregular

buck wrote:wah wah wah

You'll get over it.
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Im afraid youve misquoted me, possibly from anouther thread, if you are haveing trouble useing the forum "trife" if you would like some help navigateing all these very complicated buttons drop me a PM and i'd be happy to explain it all.
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
"Now I Don't like you, I don't respect you, and I sure as hell don't fear you. But seeing how your standing in the middle of my yard, I will break you."
Co-Administrator

Agapooka wrote:Applications are now being accepted and will be accepted for the next week or 2.

A few guidelines:

1. This thread is only for applying; you may not nominate another person or comment on another application.
2. You may only post once in this thread.
3. It goes without saying that you may not breach any forums rules in this thread.
4. Any breach of these guidelines will automatically disqualify you. You will be judged on many factors, including your behaviour on the forums, your attitude and your sincerity.

How should you apply? Post of your reasons for wanting to become a moderator on these forums, any past or present experiences in such positions and any other information that you feel will help you, in respect to the aforementioned guidelines and forum rules.

Holiday cheers, it's the happiest time of year?! :D

Agapooka

Maybe that one gives a reason. But If you applied I dont know...
I however didnt delete it:)
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

If that is indeed the reason then im a mere forum user and havent the time to read all the thread, therefor i need a PM explaining it :)
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
Trife
Forum Irregular

buck wrote:If that is indeed the reason then im a mere forum user and havent the time to read all the thread, therefor i need a PM explaining it :)

Do you also require your mother to hold your hand when you cross the street? Seriously, these moderators aren't here to coddle you - they are here to moderate. Like I said eariler -- you'll get over it.
quickshot84
Forum Irregular
Race: Goa'uld

Trife wrote:
buck wrote:If that is indeed the reason then im a mere forum user and havent the time to read all the thread, therefor i need a PM explaining it :)

Do you also require your mother to hold your hand when you cross the street? Seriously, these moderators aren't here to coddle you - they are here to moderate. Like I said eariler -- you'll get over it.

why dont you stop posting you troll.

this is a serious topic and buck, nor any of the other players or mods need your pointless input.

and with reference to Jack's post, i agree, that should be a standard.
Member of Ω Allegiance: 22/6/05 - 7/1/07
www.co-opp.net - because gaming was made to be fun [Clan OhnD, mcsA, mcOhnD!] - {CoD4/CSS/TF2} - #co-opp
~Zekk~
Forum Addict
Alliance: Universal Consciousness
Race: Magi
ID: 616

TO IS DD...

~Zeke~
Image--by Miko Miko, for KonataChan, of animesuke. *borrows without permission, but with credits* ~_^

Anyone Play Go?
Omoc wrote:
S*rew the equality!

I LOVE WHEN MY GIRLFRIEND DOMINATES ME! :lol: :lol: :lol:
buck
The Main Event

Honours and Awards

Trife wrote:

LoL, Yes i do need my mother to help me cross the road, are you offering to give her a break? Boy you are real nice mister!!!! Can we get some candy on the way?!

Im makeing a point about what being a mod is, and it is more than just modding, i should know i modded here for 2 years. If you choose to ignore my experiance, which is quite frankly, greater than most of the people here, then you are indeed quite a silly little man who dare i say, Has mother issues?
Spoiler
2006 -
Poster of the Year
2007 -
2008-
Hall of Fame
2009-
2010-

Noteworthy alliances-
Omega
Mayhem
Radical Minority
Nemesis Sect
Warlords of Briton

Previous affiliations-
TL
Ricos
DDE
The Tok'ra
The OOC
The SLA

Code:
Vendetta
Forum Elite
Alliance: Tauri Alliance [TATS Leader]
Race: System Lord
ID: 21763

I mostly agree, however if a post is in blatant violation of the rules, such as excessive swearing, unecisary personal insults, or with inapropriate images, then IMO the person who posted it dosnt deserve an explination.

Cause if they dont respect the forum, why should those that run it respect them?
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
ID: 50147

Trife wrote:

woah woah woah, wait.
I'll drop OSL, you drop TO and then we'll settle this. You, have had nothing good to say as of late and you are part of the problem. I may not be the most enthusiastic person here but I'm *trying* to get change, you are on the other hand trying to bring everyone else down, and are turning yourself into the Elitist who's too good for all of this or am I just misunderstanding you. Where's the good in you?

Instead of telling ppl to get over it, why don't you try and be a part of the solution.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
(AK) incandecio
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Aeon Knights
ID: 17093

im willing to bet that as well.

go luc!! kick his good for nohting backside around the place
Created by Tal Rasha, editted a little by me

A First From Me :D
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
ID: 50147

I don't think Trife will drop the tag.

so I'm not taking the bet; and I think at this point I've got way more to lose then Trife, all I think he's got atm is covert lol.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”