Objection to Mystake

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
goodie
Forum Expert
ID: 0

Re: Objection to Mystake

Mr Mystake wrote:
goodie wrote:
Mr Mystake wrote:Because, you know, the settings can't be changed.

So you just happen to know what settings these forums use for that kinda stuff?

But ill look into it, just for you.

-Goodie

Goodie I'll be honest with you,

I don't really care what you do, as long as you stop with your pessimistic comments that are made to try to get under my skin.

These "pessimistic" comments started when you blew away my view of your conversation with taxo, you know the one you asked any forum users to do? Unless im not a sure now?

-Goodie
Borek
Forum Addict

Mr Mystake wrote:
goodie wrote:
Mr Mystake wrote:Chris

the only ppl who will see IP's are those with the power to BAN people.

WRONG.

Normal mods dont have the power to ban and can see IPs.

Please stop spurting crap about phpbb3, im trying to avoid dealing with its technical side, i spent most of the morning writing a phpbb3 tie in.

No, they can NOT. I don't rely on you believing me at this point, but thats a fact whether you like it or not.

Mr Mystake wrote:-Mods, please lock this once and for all so this can end.

No. This is not your thread. You do not have the power to have it locked on a whim.
-Goodie

I can make the request if I please.

Goodie, tick off please, or we'll take this ingame. This isn't about me being the ombudsman anymore, this is about you ticking me off in a matter which didn't concern you, and your rude attitude about it. Ombudsman or not I'd come for you, so don't try to throw that in my face too.[/quote]
If you take this in game i can ASSURE you many others will retaliate. Not that goodie needs my help, but he'll have it if he wants.
Edmund Blackadder-"The path of my Life is beset with Cowpats from the Devils own satanic herd!"
goodie
Forum Expert

Borek wrote:If you take this in game i can ASSURE you many others will retaliate. Not that goodie needs my help, but he'll have it if he wants.

Ill tell you what, if i have to go on vac mode during my exams you can take my place for that week if you want. ;)

And you really should add my new msn, goodie@goodiemania.org, that is if you still use msn.

-Goodie
Suggestive Disorder
Fledgling Forumer

goodie... only global mods, and the two admins will be able to check IPs... that is how THIS forum is configured... it matters not how other forums are configured...
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

Suggestive Disorder wrote:goodie... only global mods, and the two admins will be able to check IPs... that is how THIS forum is configured... it matters not how other forums are configured...

you know... I do recall when I was a mod, I could see the IP's in the section I was modding; I don't think that has changed.

But they're right, this isn't really a discussion about who has what rights; it's about me feeling that mystake not being mature enough to be in a position of such great importance to Forum. Honestly anyone who has direct access to Forum is bound to have biases that can be used against other people. Frankly I can't think of anyone who really fits that bill who'd qualify as a completely impartial person, except maybe Ston.

To that extent I feel this thread should be kept open so that others may express their opinions for or against mystake and his getting this new position.
Suggestive Disorder
Fledgling Forumer

Taxonomist3 wrote:you know... I do recall when I was a mod, I could see the IP's in the section I was modding; I don't think that has changed.

your thought is wrong... it has been changed...
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Taxo

take your vendetta elsewhere at this point. I know your goal is to get me out of my position, but its not happening, not until I miserably fail at what my job is to do, which is to be your voice to the administration themselves!
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Madness81
Forum Irregular

ok i wanted to stay out of it but. mystake before you try to make taxo look bad. you brought this on your self. and i would say for both of you to drop it. but saying in a convo one would abuse his powers is wrong. and if you are becoming a staff member. Who is to stay you wont use your powers to your own will. it has happened before and can happen again.

i would say you both should meet on msn and try to talk :)

p.s. but the admin should keep an close eye on all staff members. To make sure none of them are doing this type of thing. so maybe they should make a big brother to watch over their staff. to make sure they are doing their job and cleanly. If its done already ... cool then.
Last edited by Madness81 on Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mystake
Forum Addict

madness I'm not a mod.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!

Good times ;)
#-o
Madness81
Forum Irregular

there.. changed to staff member to imply to all that work for the site.
agapooka
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

Honours and Awards

Suggestive Disorder wrote:
Taxonomist3 wrote:you know... I do recall when I was a mod, I could see the IP's in the section I was modding; I don't think that has changed.

your thought is wrong... it has been changed...

I can confirm this. Only Supermods and Admins can view IPs, now.

J
Agapooka wrote:The argument that because a premise cannot be proven false, it must be true, is known as a Negative Proof Fallacy in logic.
Mister Sandman wrote:Nothing at all near the negative proof fallacy in logic. If it cannot be proven false, it has to be true.
Pooka's UU Market Loyalty Card:

Rudy Pena: 1 stamp!

A Spider: 1 stamp!
Lore
Fountain of Wisdom
Alliance: The Dark Dominium Empire
Race: System Lord / AJNA
ID: 1928117

Honours and Awards

Mystake, I feel for you buddy. You better be sure you can handle your new job. You already appear shaken at just 2 people having a small go at you. Its going to get far worse very quickly after nov 1.

Didnt OSL leave the Omega Empire?
schuesseled wrote:And Yes, If someone attacked me with a knife and I had a cannon I would shoot them with it.
Age old saying that, "Dont bring a knife to a gun fight"
Reason, youll get dead.
Mystake
Forum Addict

Lore wrote:Mystake, I feel for you buddy. You better be sure you can handle your new job. You already appear shaken at just 2 people having a small go at you. Its going to get far worse very quickly after nov 1.

If it was anyone else I wouldn't be as shaken up, it also came at a bad time cause the same night of my initial reply I ended up getting pulled over by 2 cop cars and 4 cops, after i was DD'ing some friends to a bar, and they got turned down. the bar called the cops to report a DUI against me,
so i got pulled overby two cars and 4 cops, so i got a bit shaken up cause i couldnt find my ownership or insurance, lol...

But, admittingly I've got a thing for Taxo from the way he's treated me, and me to him.
That, and goodie looks like all he was doing was trying to instigate.

Good times ;)
#-o
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
ID: 1908612

Mr Mystake wrote:
Lore wrote:Mystake, I feel for you buddy. You better be sure you can handle your new job. You already appear shaken at just 2 people having a small go at you. Its going to get far worse very quickly after nov 1.

If it was anyone else I wouldn't be as shaken up, it also came at a bad time cause the same night of my initial reply I ended up getting pulled over by 2 cop cars and 4 cops, after i was DD'ing some friends to a bar, and they got turned down. the bar called the cops to report a DUI against me,
so i got pulled overby two cars and 4 cops, so i got a bit shaken up cause i couldnt find my ownership or insurance, lol....

Yeah similiar thing happened to me was walking along the road and we got jumped by 4 coppers who came skidding up beside us and jumped out of their cars, half way in throwing us to the ground, they said "O sorry, we were looking for someone younger" got back in their cars and drove off. And they wonder why im funny / cocky / whatever when i talk to police?
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Mystake
Forum Addict

well the funny thing is the ppl i were driving, one of em who's my roomate is on the uni hockey team, so that bar lost some valuable customers.

still not crazy about em... i mean it was one thing if i was driving back an forth in my lane but i was driving what i thought was quite safe and hasn't got me pulled over yet.

i got shaken most by the cops actually being out to look for me and that someone called the cops on me, lol.

funny story now though

Good times ;)
#-o

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”