Double Standards ?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Rich™
Forum Regular
Alliance: Alpha Allegiance
Race: System Lord
ID: 1908612

Re: Double Standards ?

Yeap i agree, i've been at both ends of a knife, still didnt sign it though, wont change anything, make knifes illegal? impossible, and people who use them dont care or will use something else.
Rich™ [ α Allegiance ] - 1908612
Living God of the INDU

My Trade Feedback
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

In all fairness to the topic of banning Knives,

banning a knife is like car locks... locking your car only keeps the honest people honest.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Hansbrough
Forum Expert
ID: 0

dude, you're in the US so what are you blathering about -- you weren't even addressed to answer the thread.

Furthermore if you wish to discuss it, then it does become political.

Honestly all I see here is someone who has made a post about something that matters to him, just let it go mate; it's not your culture for you to pass judgement upon.
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

Tok`ra wrote:
Taxonomist3 wrote:dude, you're in the US so what are you blathering about -- you weren't even addressed to answer the thread.

Furthermore if you wish to discuss it, then it does become political.

Honestly all I see here is someone who has made a post about something that matters to him, just let it go mate; it's not your culture for you to pass judgement upon.

Its a fourm I use that its on tho, therefore I will pass judgement.

Mods enforce rules on users, but only mods get exceptions to the rules ?

Thats how this looks.

yeah it does... they're like policemen who get to speed when warranted, so let it go or don't... for some reason I think I'm trying to get you to NOT get yourself ban -- what an idiot I'm being... I shall let you finish your work.
mondomadmun
Fledgling Forumer
Alliance: Raoming free with the buffalo
Race: Hybrid

in all fairness, i think Tok'ra has a point about it being on a forum. I didn't see him passing any judgment on anyone but the forum moderators making a decision he doesn't agree with. The forum is here for people to have their say and discuss things, and I see some people despise Tok'ra for it, but it is a valuable part of any community to have free speech.

My condolences for person who lost their brother, nothing will bring them back - and I still find it hard to deal with the losses I have experienced many years ago.

I would like to quote an Anarchist by the name of Edmund Hennessey to convey my views on the idea of introducing a "Knife Ban" however:
What good are laws? the good people don't need 'em and the bad people don't obey them
Hansbrough
Forum Expert

In all fairness I think you've confused why people despise Tok'ra with what he says versus what he's trying to do in getting people riled up over an aspect of an issue that's been brought up, and not actually deal with the issue in what it stands for. On that note I won't hide that I'm about as politically liberal as one can get too.
killtacular
Forum Addict

Your inconsiderate about peoples feelings . Your a class A JERK. Who thinks that hey look at me I got something smart to say. If it was 6 to 8 months ago I probably would have backed you. But really no one gives a crap what every little thought in that big head of yours is.

You were BANNED for a reason 2x if Im not mistaken and it was the biggest mistake ever made by any mod letting you back.

Heres a political agenda for you : BAN TOK'RA AGAIN
Dagr
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 50627
Alternate name(s): Day

I'm sure he and all of us feel sorry for the loss, but that doesn't give reason for a petition about an issue in Britain to be in our SGW General section.
killtacular
Forum Addict

A simple pm to a mod would have been sufficient. And then Jason has the final say. Im quite sure the mod probably asked jason if it was ok to be put up anyways.

Couldn't do that had to take a jab at him saying theres nothing he can do about the knives. He probably cant but why kick someone when there down? Words of encouragement should be given and the only thing said. But tok'ra doesn't have that kind of descency.
Dagr
Forum Expert
Race: Asgard
ID: 50627
Alternate name(s): Day

If you look at Tok`ra's first post in the thread he does give his sympathy, your first post in the thread was nothing but complaining about him posting. After that he simply asks the question why is this a sticky in general, then gives his opinion on the situation. I really find it difficult to see the disrespect in the thread.
killtacular
Forum Addict

That said, I dont see how you CAN prevent criminals from using knives. Theyre household items, every kitchen has them.

All that could be done is to make more things illegal, and in the end the only ones with them will be the criminals who dont care if there is a ban on knives.

this is what tokra said.

Obviously the guy is trying heal trying to do something he feels might do some good. If it does or doesn't it is not for tok'ra to say and there isn't anything he can do about it.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

Tok'ra admin gave you his answer, its in my sig.
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?
Mordack
The Spider
ID: 8500

Honours and Awards

jreider014 wrote:I'm sure he and all of us feel sorry for the loss, but that doesn't give reason for a petition about an issue in Britain to be in our SGW General section.

Agreed.

I'm sorry, but you can't just tac a tragedy onto the side of a political issue and expect it not to be considered a political issue anymore. If people raise controversial issues, in whatever circumstances, then they should be prepared to deal with the ensuing debate/discussion.
"I bet you thought you'd seen the last of me.."

(TB)
[GM]FreeSpirit

Tok`ra wrote:
Mordack wrote:
jreider014 wrote:I'm sure he and all of us feel sorry for the loss, but that doesn't give reason for a petition about an issue in Britain to be in our SGW General section.

Agreed.

I'm sorry, but you can't just tac a tragedy onto the side of a political issue and expect it not to be considered a political issue anymore. If people raise controversial issues, in whatever circumstances, then they should be prepared to deal with the ensuing debate/discussion.

Unless theyre a mod apparently.

Tok'ra you reported that post to me and i told you on msn that i woudnt move it untill i had spoken woth Forum he then replied in the topic. As you are visitng his house stick to his saying as hes the chief here and his word is final.
Apadizamek
Forum Spammer
Race: Goauld
ID: 1925332

Tok`ra wrote:I guess mods get special privliges.

ya think!?

of course they get them, their staff members. Guess what else! they can delete posts, see your ip and even suspend you!
AncientAnubis wrote:Would you be worthy of being a God if you didn't have an overinflated ego?

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”