Can the supermods (not all, but some) please grow up ?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One
ID: 4266

Honours and Awards

Re: Can the supermods (not all, but some) please grow up ?

Tok`ra wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Tok`ra wrote:According to the rules, 1 person 1 account. The exception is an admin test account for TESTING the game.

As soon as that account is used for personal reasons, that becomes cheating.

you're defining terms that are irrelevant. not answering the question. the problem is, the terms are defined by answering the question.

you really need to learn how to stop using slanting, it's not good in english writing.

so, i ask again.

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:is using any account you have legitimately ok?

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

Tok`ra wrote:Well according to the game rules alone you cant have more than one account, so logic would seem to say that as soon as you use the test account for anything more than your gamemod duties, you have cheated.

You as I recall ALSO had that account under the same CO as you, thus NO MATTER HOW LOW THE UP GIVING BENEFIT .

you still refuse to answer my question. you're just spouting the same argument over and over. it's a yes or no question.

~_+Psi KIya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Tok`ra wrote:According to the rules, 1 person 1 account. The exception is an admin test account for TESTING the game.

As soon as that account is used for personal reasons, that becomes cheating.

you're defining terms that are irrelevant. not answering the question. the problem is, the terms are defined by answering the question.

you really need to learn how to stop using slanting, it's not good in english writing.

so, i ask again.

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:is using any account you have legitimately ok?

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

Psi wants to play word games.....

Using an account you legitimately own is ok

That said, I have one game account, what if I started using scripts instead of playing the game myself I left it on "autopilot" is that ok? Bare in mind I'm using the account I legitimately own

that's not true, because you're not using your account anymore. your script is.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
buck wrote:well psi, upkeeping order in the universe does play its tricks on your mind...
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:that's not true, because you're not using your account anymore. your script is.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

I edited my post to be more fitting

Jack wrote:I have one game account, what if I started farming accounts that known to be cheating before they can be ostersized is that ok? Bare in mind I'm using the account I legitimately own

in most cases, people get away with farming ostracized accounts all the time. it was even a passtime back when the generated resources still. those resources haven't been removed.

call it a bad choice of example. the only result that would be in your favor is extreme amounts, not common cheats.

Tok`ra wrote:Having a second account, even a sanctioned test account, and misuisng it for PERSONAL reasons - NO NOT ALLOWED.

no where in the rules does it EVER state this. this is purely your fabrication.

~_+Psi KIya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Tok`ra wrote:
what Psi Kiya Trist did wrote:I have two accounts, ones supposed to be used to test updates and bugs and jason gave it to me.

One day, I got mad at a guy.

I couldnt hit him with my regular account, cause hed smash it AND my alliance had a NAP with his alliance.

So I used my second account to hit him, mainly just to annoy him.

I didnt cheat

There's no wiggling your way out of that one Psi

actually, there is a rephrasing i can do, based entirely on fact that would disqualify that statement.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Tok`ra wrote:Having a second account, even a sanctioned test account, and misuisng it for PERSONAL reasons - NO NOT ALLOWED.

no where in the rules does it EVER state this. this is purely your fabrication.

~_+Psi KIya Trist+_~

So its legal to use accounts other than your main one for personal reasons ingame ?

If so, sweet, Im gona give myself (as well everyone else) 25 officers, all with huge UPs, and once they get 1k G&R theyre going to send all their UU to me

(Note: Just pointing out the folly in what Psi says)

i'd like to point out your folly.
if it is an account ADMIN gave to you, to use as you wish. in order to help the game progress. is it illegal to use it at all?

you're still fabricating evidence, not using actual fact of what happened.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

also, i'd like to address the following:

Tok`ra wrote:Having a second sanctioned test account, and misuisng it for PERSONAL reasons - NO NOT ALLOWED.

the only mention this has ever received has actually to the contrary. if it is sanctioned then it is allowed. the catch is convincing Jason to sanction such a thing now. which i believe is near impossible after the fuss you've kicked up.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
ganstaguo
Forum Irregular
ID: 0

if it is an account ADMIN gave to you, to use as you wish. in order to help the game progress. is it illegal to use it at all?

it's not illegal to use an account admin gave to you. But using two or more accounts to achieve a single goal is essentially the meaning of multi accounts and that's what you did, you used the admin account to mass someone that you couldn't touch with your other account. True, the account is to help the game progress, but it's not there to exact retribution that your other account has brought on you. You can use the Admin account so long they are treated as separate account with two separate owners, unless of course the same person who massed your real account also mass the admin account, then you can bring them both in.
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:i'd like to point out your folly.

Yeah, its perfectly ok to use it

Psi Kiya Trist wrote:in order to help the game progress

But the moment you use it for anything else, it becomes multying and misuse of an admin resource, just like if a fourm admin misused his fourm powers, just cause you (or the fourm admin) has them doesnt mean you can MISUSE them.

this whole post is a contradiction.

"to use as you wish" means ANY use, even personal.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

ganstaguo wrote:

it's not illegal to use an account admin gave to you. But using two or more accounts to achieve a single goal is essentially the meaning of multi accounts and that's what you did, you used the admin account to mass someone that you couldn't touch with your other account. True, the account is to help the game progress, but it's not there to exact retribution that your other account has brought on you. You can use the Admin account so long they are treated as separate account with two separate owners, unless of course the same person who massed your real account also mass the admin account, then you can bring them both in.

your facts are screwed up.

they were played as essentually different players. only one factor was the same: Commander.
no massing took place on the affected party, it was a one time, completely failed planet attack.(ie, all fleets destroyed)
it was not an "earned" retribution. it was a signal of intent regarding a matter related to a friend. when my (at the time) unknown account was well, unknown.

given proper facts, your statement helps me, not hurts me.

BTW, Tok`ra, this thread is about "growing up" and i think it's about time you did some of it.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Jack wrote:New question Psi, let's say that I'm a game admin, I have access to the game's ACP, which allows you to give and take resources from accounts as you see fit.

According to your logic, it would not be wrong for me to take the hard earned UU of the bigger players just because I thought they had too big of an army, and it wouldn't be wrong for me to give myself resources as I saw fit, it would also be acceptable for me to conviently make the defenses of my enmies disappear in war and magically rebuild the defenses of my allies, am I wrong? I mean I was given the account by the game owner, I used the account which was legitimately mine

Answer please Psi

thats not an account, that's full game admin access, and a completely different topic.
however, if you wanted to be technical, yes, it would be ok given proper permissions for you to do it. however, i have the inkling suspicion that if it wasn't ok with the game owner, then you'd lose access real quick and all changes you made reversed really quickly if you were to actually try that.

though, i seem to remember someone with ACP access doing something similiar to that. except they only ostracized someone... i think they did it to Tok`ra...

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Moved to mod feedback
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:Once again psi, you are not the topic of discussion.

funny then that you keep on talking about me all over the place when i'm not the topic of discussion, and now that we're finally actually talking about it, i'm not the topic.

lets take a look at some of these "honorable mentions" but not "topics" shall we?

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=93931&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=62
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=95693&start=34
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=95393&start=15
viewtopic.php?f=101&t=95385&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=7
not to mention the Tok'ra forums thread, and the still false claims you made in the temple of spam.

if you don't want to talk about me, then stop freaking talking about me!

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:If you did that with the ACP, as Jack was discussing, it would be cheeting would it not ?

Cheating is cheating, no matter how small.

not if you're a game admin :wink:

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Tok`ra wrote:You used it to infer an ingame advantage, allowing yourself to hit someone but keep your ID (4811) secret (not that it matterd, as the ID wasnt a secret).

by this statement, you show that it wasn't an ingame advantage.

12/23/2006 12:40:43 PM jason - back. cheat implies benefit other account in some way.. and technically the 'multi' accoutn was authorized. so...
12/23/2006 12:42:26 PM Psi Kiya Trist. well, my test account was an officer to a real player for at least part of it's existance
12/23/2006 12:42:46 PM jason - back. shades of grey.

there is no black and white, as you claim so wholeheartedly.

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Psi Kiya Trist
The Timeless One

Honours and Awards

Jack wrote:
Psi Kiya Trist wrote:
Tok`ra wrote:If you did that with the ACP, as Jack was discussing, it would be cheeting would it not ?

Cheating is cheating, no matter how small.

not if you're a game admin :wink:

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~

Sweet, I happen to also be game admin of a few games, I'll remember your wise words! :P

:roll:

yeah, the one's that say if you're not the owner, you'd probably be stripped of that power, and your changes reversed if you tried it :-p

~_+Psi Kiya Trist+_~
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

tok'ra... would you please stop bringing up an former issue with a former forum admin?

as for the topic on the start...

Tok`ra wrote:A number of supermods are giving the admin a hard time and questioning every move he makes, thus making any effecteve change to the fourm slower to come.

This info I got seperatley from 2 mods, and one supermod, which I considerd enough to verify it.

that is strange... we havent heard anything about it... and we have seen nothing even hinting at this...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”