Can the supermods (not all, but some) please grow up ?

want to publicly say something about the current Forum Mods? The Mod setup? The Rules of the Forum? here you go...
semper
The sharp-tongued devil you can't seem to forget...
Race: God
ID: 0

Re: Can the supermods (not all, but some) please grow up ?

can you go away?

STOP sticking your nose, where it dosent belong. I know its hard, being a silly little miliary sell out, who cant play boy soldier anymore, so you have to come on here and pee everyone else off, but at least try and be less of a pain in the behind. I mean seriously, I know stuff that shouldnt be said publically, but I dont threaten with it. It just shows how low you really do sink Tok'ra.

and for the two mods that supplied him with info. YOU ARE IDIOTS and seem to speak fluent moron.
Accolades/Titles:
Spoiler
Started Playing: April 2005
Honours (5): Hall of Fame 2009. Annual Awards Host 2008, 2009, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Winner (12): RP'er of the Year 2008, Runner Up Poster of the Year 2008, Debater of the Year 2008, War of the Year 2008, Poster of the Year 2009, Alliance of the Year 2009 (Nemesis Sect, Creator), Alliance War of the Year 2009 (Nempire vs Mayhem, Instigator), RP'er Runner Up 2009, Knew You'd Be Back 2010, Conflict of the Decade (FUALL v TF), Conflict of the Decade Runner Up (Ga vs TF), Alliance of the Decade (TDD).
Nominated (8): Writer of the year 2007, Avatar of the Year 2007, Poster of the Year 2007, Villain of the Year 2008, Player Sig 2008, Race Player of the Year 2009, Most Missed 2010, Alliance Leadership 2010, Most Missed 2011.
Commands (3): Supreme System Lord 2008, 2010, 2011 and 2012. System Lord Council 2006 - present. Dark Lord and Emperor of the Nempire 2009 - 2011.
Alliances (9): DDE, EA, OSL, TFUR, DDEII, AI, RM, WoB, Nemesis.
Forum Roles (4): Former Misc GM, Race Mod (Goa'uld), Debate forum patriarch and mod.
Mystake
Forum Addict
Alliance: Dominium of Chaos
Race: System Lord
ID: 50147

Jack wrote:Ya know, I can't stand it when mods give a last word in a thread then locks it, If a mod is going to lock a thread then they need to post only the rule the thread broke and and that they're locking it, anything else needs to be left out. When a mod locks a thread and gives a last word, then that should be viewed as abuse by the mod

for archival... post that in the To Mystake forum.

I'll bring it up, nice point.

@ Tok'ra, copy pasta some of these threads over in the To Mystake forum so I can give it some individual attention.
TRADE FEEDBACK - I am an A+ trader! Safest $ trades in all of SGW. I do escrow services too!
http://stargatewars.herebegames.com/vie ... 48&t=83709

Former member of what became the Alliance of the Year of 2009, Nemesis Sect.

Mathlord wrote:The Reclaimer has been descended as a result of the battle!!!

Good times ;)
#-o
Lord_Zeus
Forum Regular

Mr Mystake wrote:
Jack wrote:Ya know, I can't stand it when mods give a last word in a thread then locks it, If a mod is going to lock a thread then they need to post only the rule the thread broke and and that they're locking it, anything else needs to be left out. When a mod locks a thread and gives a last word, then that should be viewed as abuse by the mod

for archival... post that in the To Mystake forum.

I'll bring it up, nice point.

@ Tok'ra, copy pasta some of these threads over in the To Mystake forum so I can give it some individual attention.

Theres a to Mystake forum?...

As for mods locking stuff, I can't see why half the topics are locked, if theres excessive spam then delete it, if theres flaming then edit/delete it and warn those involved, topics die a normal death anyway. (Not saying you guys don't do a good job, just saying I don't understand why some of the stuff is done.)
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Stickin it to the man!
FreeSpirit
Writer of the Gamestory
Alliance: Forgotten Prospects Leader
Race: Tollan/ Jedi
ID: 1947914
Alternate name(s): Wes

Moved to Mod Feedback
2008 award
Quotes & Stats
Noobert wrote:You encounter a Wild FreeSpirit. You flee.
Drahazar wrote:woop freespirit getting things done, forceful yet kind, the perfect lover ...
GoAG of the Tolah - TOE - TUS - TUN - TUK
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

From my point of view, a lot of posts that have been moved recently did not belong in general because they OBVIOUSLY belonged elsewhere. The 600 pixel image issue and the word filter list posts, for example, obviously belong in the Forum issues section, and not General.

The General Section, as I always understood it, is to discuss generic game issues/events, that do not obviously fit elsewhere on the forum. Although, this seems to be rarely adhered to.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Wolf359
The Big Bad Admin
Alliance: EPA
Race: Tauri

Honours and Awards

Well how about we make that policy until notified otherwise?

SGW General is for game issues/events/discussions that do not fit readily into another section of the forum.
Severian wrote:So I say as a last resort, splice Semper & Wolf359 for a good balance, Clone said unholy abomination a hundred times, let loose on forums and problem solved.
Mod Speak
Mac101
Forum Newbie
Location: At the helm of the U.S.S. Defiant flying circles around you.

I gots to second jack, I may not be a regular on THIS forum, but im an active diplomat on many other forums, and that really torques me when people go showboating around with thier god-like authority like they can do anything. Sure they can, but whats the point when its supposed to be a forum when yeh speak the truth? You keep ppl from speakin the truth and you hide behind your own authority because of it. Someone says somethin you dont like, "Bam" its gone, but for gods sake, give em a chance, because some times they may be right. Isnt that what a forum is soppused to be about? A place where ppl can talk about issues, even if its an issue w/ the moderators, and i think its dang near time someone got the balls to say it to thier faces.

Also, you can delete this, put im copying this and pasting it in me personal log, and ill post it everywhere to where ppl get the point, You cant stop the signal.
(haha, that's from serenity if yeh didnt know, "You cant stop the signal".)
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

The entire section "Forum Specific Issues/Requests/Bugs" is meant for that purpose exactly.
There are several sections where you can address the mods without them editing stuff. Not like they just randomly would anyway..
Heck, there's even a person (Mr Mystake) to convey your complaints to Forum..

Seriously, how much of your point is still valid?

Otherwise I agree, to an extent, with your point on freedom of speech.
Zeratul
Elder Administrator
Alliance: Lucian Alliance
Race: Templar
ID: 7
Alternate name(s): Hrefna
Reitha

Honours and Awards

there is quite a lot of freedom of speech here.... the only exceptions are things like stuff of a suggestive nature, which cant be allowed since underage people use this forum...
"Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the gods, Browsers shall be changed to carry the internet out amongst the peoples and we will spread Firefox to all the unbelievers. The power of the Firefox will be felt far and wide and the wicked users of IE shall be converted to use the true browsers."

Curious about our color? Feel free to ask...
Juliette
Verified
The Queen
Race: Royalty
ID: 4323
Alternate name(s): Cersei Lannister

Auriel wrote:Otherwise I agree, to an extent, with [the spirit of] your point on freedom of speech.

*fixed

All I agree with is: There should be (some level of) freedom of speech.
Regardless of whether or not there is actual freedom of speech. ;)

I believe the forums are privately owned? In that case, even the basic demand for free speech is unconstitutional. :? (i.e. "Don't whine. You have more than you deserve already.")
thaltek
Spamity Spam In A Can

Jack TheBunny Ripper wrote:
Wolf359 wrote:Well how about we make that policy until notified otherwise?

SGW General is for game issues/events/discussions that do not fit readily into another section of the forum.

Problem is that, that makes most if not all of the threads in General "spam" as they could "easily" fit into another section

yayys ^_^

does this mean that the general section could be disolved across the forums?

Return to “Forum & Mod Feedback”